EgyptAir Explosives found

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

EgyptAir Explosives found

Post by Bombay »

EgyptAir crash: Explosives found on victims, say investigator

Traces of explosives have been found on victims of the EgyptAir plane crash over the Mediterranean in May, investigators say.
A statement by Egypt's civil aviation ministry said a criminal investigation would now begin into the crash of the Airbus A320.
Flight MS804 from Paris to Cairo plunged into the sea on 19 May killing all 66 people on board.
The cause of the crash has remained unclear.
No distress call was made beforehand but the cockpit voice recorder revealed the pilots had fought to put out a fire.
Recovered wreckage showed signs of damage caused by high temperature and there was soot on the jet's front section.
Although there were fears that an act of terrorism may have brought the plane down, no group has said it was responsible

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38330316

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: EgyptAir Explosives found

Post by Dusak »

... and no doubt the authorities will discover that some idiot had allowed a passenger to carry a box of fireworks on board, hence the residue found. They will then state that this will never happen again... :urm:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

So, has anyone come out and said there was a bomb on board? Or is that the only report. I don't know if a full report will be issued on the cause, but I think most tourists are waiting with bated breath for the report to come out. Met some friends last night, they were asked £800 pound each to fly to Luxor by EgyptAir, they flew to Hurghada, for less than £350 each and taxied to Luxor. Extortionate or Not?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It's still early days in this investigation and any announcement by the Egyptian side of the investigation team should be viewed with some circumspection.

Other members of the team have declined to comment and have been hampered throughout by 'secrecy' over both the bodies and plane debris recovered by the Egyptians.

If a device was planted by any terrorist group, it's odd that no one has claimed responsibility. Of course a lone, suicidal culprit cannot be ruled out.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well the French have so far refused to confirm Egypt's allegations.