Trump

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Trump

Post by Major Thom »

You know all I am going to tell you. So for now stop assuming, stop prying and stop speculating. Everything you have suggested or surmised is quite a bit off and out of line. All is sorted. Sounds like there are not many animal lovers among you though, suggesting I use a bit of 2 X 2.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Yes we agree with the statement 8 years of wasted life, well 6 really the first couple of years were great. But we have little interest anymore n the history, seen it been there got the tee shirt. Take that out of the equation and there is not a lot left.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

So for now stop assuming, stop prying and stop speculating
Well its you that keeps making the posts that get people speculating and not us, if you want to stop people speculating then just stop telling us all your woes and gripes and just do what you say you are going to do and get on with it, once you do that simple thing you will realise that no one is really interested in what you are doing or where you go. :a23:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

2 X 2 may just injure the Mutt, 4 x 2 has a bit more substance to it. that is assuming you dont keep that for a recursive punishing device, exclusively the natives.

Now we all know you better than that, but you need to learn to take a joke, because the joke really is on you at the end of the day.

A few points here though.

I spent a lot of time in Luxor over 7 years and still had not seen all I wanted to see,
Plus you can always travel about, just as you would in the UK. There is loads to see, and not just "history stuff"
I particularly enjoyed my time out and about in the fields with the farmers and seeing how they fend for themselves during the floods and their business dealings. Clever stuff really.

Get off on the wrong foot with the locals ? well, today's another day !

You are in a very privileged position, and when you see that, you will know how to make the most of it.

Its amazing how an Island paradise can quickly tun into a bucket of sand, and yet nothing changed physically.

I really do wish you the best, and I think you do need to "make it" in Luxor, or much of the same will await you in Oz..

PS: The place has a special kind of "healing" energy that is well worth tapping into.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No! I tell it has I see it, others inflame the stories and add what they think will get a reaction. We all have different ideas and thoughts, people should respect if, instead of ganging upon others who speak their thoughts and can see the truth, but get over ridden by a minority who will hear no wrong.
Once again our first 2 years in Luxor was lovely, and we enjoyed every minute, the place was buzzing. Since then it's just become frustrating and flat, with not a great deal happening, only loud music and people roaming about aimlessly. Just around 25% doing something, and what they are doing is illegal anyway. I have never seen a place deteriorate so rapidly. Is there any hope of survival? I don't know.
We would never say our experience in Luxor was bad because that would be untrue, we have enjoyed it in our little way. But it's time to move on, look after ourselves and go somewhere that has invested its future. Egypt cannot do that at present because it does not have the finances to do so. To me any investment should be made in the people, not things that will have little impact on people. Most people now cannot even afford to treat themselves when sick, and when people are really sick, the hospitals have had no investment so have not got the equipment to treat people. People are dying needlessly. Let's take diabetics the lack of insulin, the lack of reliable D. Machines for people with kidney problems. Recently a young child died because a D machine broke down before treatment was delivered. Many ideas have been put in place to aid the City, fines for rubbish dropping, fines for watering streets, but no one is policing the situation. If they did a few things would improve, such as cleanliness, road surfaces would not crack or lift because water does not get underneath. So what do you do? If people cannot help themselves to improve their situation no one else can. Just because the£ is strong against the Le it creates an idea that things are great we have much more money in our pocket, we can do this, do that do the other, but is that enough? For me it's not, I prefer peace of mind. I never had a problem in a Country of equal opportunities, and a Country that invests in people, so that's why it time to move on. Now it's back to sleep to pass the days away until we go, it makes life easier when you sleep and are out of things.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

It is time for you to move on, I think everyone agrees with that, it sounds as though you are seriously depressed and maybe you need to see a doctor. Sleeping you life away and hoping things will get better is no answer. Seek help.
I'm not being nasty MT but I had a friend some years ago and she just wanted to sleep all day, make the world go away, didn't want to go out, saw nothing positive in life she was persuaded to see the doctor some anti depressants and she recovered in time. If you are clinically depressed moving to Australia or anywhere else wont cure the problem.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

If you feel the need to place yourself on center stage in the spotlight, but there is no bulb, then make something up that is usually guaranteed to get a response from the audience. If you have a life that is not unlike the proverbial bucket with a hole in it, one that has drained away all that was good, then scrape the remnants of misery off the sides and throw it around in the hope some will have a noticeable affect on others. Create the responses that please you above all else, belay the truth and live comfortably within your own self created cocoon of make believe, but accept the fact that many have the eyes to see through the most darkest shades of pretense.
Last edited by Dusak on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:You know all I am going to tell you. So for now stop assuming, stop prying and stop speculating. Everything you have suggested or surmised is quite a bit off and out of line. All is sorted. Sounds like there are not many animal lovers among you though, suggesting I use a bit of 2 X 2.
Could you point me to the assumptions, prying and speculation please. I seem to have missed these posts.
As far as I can see, there are only reactions to your own postings. If your postings are truth or wind up only you know, although I'd hazard a guess that the lines have blurred even for you.
You regularly profess to enjoying winding people up. You seem to less enjoy others winding you up. I wonder why.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:No! I tell it has I see it, others inflame the stories and add what they think will get a reaction. We all have different ideas and thoughts, people should respect if, instead of ganging upon others who speak their thoughts and can see the truth, but get over ridden by a minority who will hear no wrong.

I don't think people have much time for your repetitive moans and gripes.. It's not that they don't see the negatives...it's that they realise that there's little, if anything, they can do about them. Either they have decided the positives outweigh the negatives...or they leave. Those silly enough not to do their homework and test the waters before making a substantial investment have suffered...but have only themselves to blame. No-one's ganging up on you....it's that no-one agrees with your analysis (or. if they do, they haven't posted). Haven't you noticed?

Once again our first 2 years in Luxor was lovely, and we enjoyed every minute, the place was buzzing. Since then it's just become frustrating and flat, with not a great deal happening, only loud music and people roaming about aimlessly. Just around 25% doing something, and what they are doing is illegal anyway. I have never seen a place deteriorate so rapidly. Is there any hope of survival? I don't know.

What's changed...other than the big drop in tourist numbers? Was your life all about mixing with tourists? Very sad! The infrastructure, habits of the locals etc. etc. are no different to when you came. If you expected Luxor to suddenly morph into some sunny and cheap version of Tunbridge Wells, then I'm not surprised you're disappointed.

We would never say our experience in Luxor was bad because that would be untrue, we have enjoyed it in our little way.

Then the tourists left...and you were bored with not much company to your liking.

But it's time to move on, look after ourselves and go somewhere that has invested its future. Egypt cannot do that at present because it does not have the finances to do so. To me any investment should be made in the people, not things that will have little impact on people. Most people now cannot even afford to treat themselves when sick, and when people are really sick, the hospitals have had no investment so have not got the equipment to treat people. People are dying needlessly. Let's take diabetics the lack of insulin, the lack of reliable D. Machines for people with kidney problems. Recently a young child died because a D machine broke down before treatment was delivered. Many ideas have been put in place to aid the City, fines for rubbish dropping, fines for watering streets, but no one is policing the situation. If they did a few things would improve, such as cleanliness, road surfaces would not crack or lift because water does not get underneath. So what do you do? If people cannot help themselves to improve their situation no one else can. Just because the£ is strong against the Le it creates an idea that things are great we have much more money in our pocket, we can do this, do that do the other, but is that enough? For me it's not, I prefer peace of mind.

All very true...but what's it to you?? You've not attempted to integrate, apply for residency or even learn the language. Why are you concerned about the fate of the locals? Actually...I don't think you genuinely are. Except insofar as it negatively affects YOU.

I never had a problem in a Country of equal opportunities, and a Country that invests in people, so that's why it time to move on. Now it's back to sleep to pass the days away until we go, it makes life easier when you sleep and are out of things.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Whilst visiting Her Maj's hotels many guests did just that, slept their lives away.
Me and others like myself were busy, busy, busy causing mayhem, fun and laughs most of the days and nights.

Let those that sleep their lives away sleep, for they are already dead..'basically from their necks up.... 8)
Ps: "You can rest when Your dead!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Indeed Who2, there's a time and a place for everything in life.

The African Farmers proverb.

A Farmer lived with his one and only son, who he adored and cherished with all his heart.
The farmer and his son loved the land and their work, and as a result produced the best harvest in the area, and as such, they could command the best prices.
This was because the farmer believed in what he was doing and he put out positive thoughts all the time.
The farmer taught this to his son over the years.

Each day, the father recited an affirmation to himself.
"My son is healthy and happy and lives a fulfilled life".

One day while out in the fields, the son was kicked by a mule that got started by a bird, and broke the sons leg in 2 places.
The injury looked terrible, but they both knew that the injury would eventually heal and this was not life threatening.

That evening as the Farmers son lay on his bed sleeping and starting his journey to recovery, the farmer started to question in his mind how this terrible event could have happened,
because he had always recited his affirmations and stayed true to the belief that the affirmations did indeed work.

He then realised he was questioning his faith and he did not like that, so he once again repeated his affirmation to himself before retiring to his bed.
"My son is healthy and happy and lives a fulfilled life".

very early the next morning, some military officials appeared at the farm and were looking for the farmers son so they could conscript him into the army,
because a conflict had just broken out in their land.

They went into the house to see the farmers son on his bed, and could see for themselves that the son was in no condition to join their army.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I do believe that what your mind dwells upon comes to you, if you have negative thoughts all the time believe that the worst will happen, then it will. Be positive, be thankful for the good things in life, for the happy cheerful people that you surround yourself with and look for the good, it will come everyday.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Many times in my past I have uttered the words "Why me" ?
Then I discover the reason at some point in the future.
I do believe that life is a lesson, because when you learn that lesson, the lessons stop.

I AM learning ! I doubt I will ever kill the fire inside of me that causes my anger, but I can at least work on damage limitation when the red eyed monster rears it's ugly head.

Oh how I hate my human emotions..... ;)
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I am fairly sure once my leaving date arrives, there will be too much to occupy my mind to think about sleeping. It's now 7 days since I went out the gate. It seems pointless when there is nothing to do except being hounded for backsheesh, and having to make conversation that you have gone over time and time again. At this moment of time, I just cannot even think of something that warrants me leaving home and going out, or anywhere I could go socially to enjoy anything, it's the same old thing, with no choice.
Sorry to say this but that is just how I feel at the moment, but counting the days down and being able to put a cross through the day previous on the calendar, is a great thing and makes me happy and keeps me going. That and of course taking my reams of papers to a ghost reader for comments and any alterations.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:I am fairly sure once my leaving date arrives, there will be too much to occupy my mind to think about sleeping. It's now 7 days since I went out the gate. It seems pointless when there is nothing to do except being hounded for backsheesh, and having to make conversation that you have gone over time and time again. At this moment of time, I just cannot even think of something that warrants me leaving home and going out, or anywhere I could go socially to enjoy anything, it's the same old thing, with no choice.
Sorry to say this but that is just how I feel at the moment, but counting the days down and being able to put a cross through the day previous on the calendar, is a great thing and makes me happy and keeps me going. That and of course taking my reams of papers to a ghost reader for comments and any alterations.
Ohh... spooky! A ghost reader! Do they meet you at the gate or are they spirited in to the compound of your villa?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Never mind MT, at least its not a leap year, only 28 days in February so March will soon be here and all your trials and tribulations will be over.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:Never mind MT, at least its not a leap year, only 28 days in February so March will soon be here and all your trials and tribulations will be over.
Very nice of you to remind others of my birthday Horus, with all the excitement of late on here it could of been forgotten. Again. :up :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Horus wrote:
Dusak wrote:
Horus wrote:Lets try and keep this on topic folks ;)
Good luck with that one Horus. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I agree Dusak, and although a little divergence is OK, sometimes they can veer off in a totally new direction ;)
Sometimes it veers off in a not so new direction.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Some time ago, I put on here a couple of poems about the darker side of life, I have now got almost 80 completed and wanted a teacher to go through them to check. I have another 20 or so to complete before finishing. I have a name for the book in my mind already "X in to the Darkside" It's given me something to do and something to concentrate on.

Here is a verse from the last one....

The spirit glides the deserted moor
The Banshee cries, the rain does pour
No more the thought of sodden feet
Struggling through the bog and peat
This spirit is free, the chains are cast
From being a person in the past
So friends fear not the Reaper Scythe
Worries are few on the other side.

Yes they are maybe dark, but interesting too, well to me they are.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I like that poem MT. :up Thats the sort of thing that would have appealed in my teenage years.

These days though, I prefer more upbeat poetry and music. Helps keep the demons at bay, they don't like that sort of thing. :ct