14/03/2017

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: 14/03/2017

Post by Major Thom »

Maybe if family 1had not been threatened and told what may happen to them, they may well have carried on with the case Carrie, but family 1 was under duress from the accused's family who made threats of violence and all sorts. I think it's a disgrace for this to happen and yes I do agree with what you say, but these s---heads are capable of anything, and when you realize guns and weapons are plentiful, it makes one think of what may have happened.

Anyway good deals are available with .Emirates at the moment, and airfares are down by many ADollars.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well presumably family 1 did report it to the police and even though the case may have been dropped the police would still have a report of the incident.So asking the family 1 to provide a character reference for the perpetrator wouldn't be totally believable. Why then would the assailants family ask for one to be provided?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Are there some posts missing? :ni:

I can't connect the last four posts with anything that's gone before.................... :tk
Smile! It confuses people
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sorry MD gone off on a tangent yet again. :oops:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

No problem, but where did all the above occur, please? 8)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Some time ago MT reported that a lady had been attacked she reported it to the police but because of pressure from the family of the man involved she decided not to continue with the case, now it appears that the same man has attacked another woman and his family is asking the lady to provide him with a character reference. Very strange.
If the first lady had continued with the prosecution then that would no doubt have saved the second.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

It was not the police who dropped family 1, it was outside pressure and threats from the accused family that stopped it, plus bad information from a person acting for the family. It took family one ages to get over this, in fact they are still not over it. Then this happens, it has nothing to do with family 1, and yet they have been brought into it. What idiots and uneducated people would want to do this?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I said, if you read it correctly MT, that she dropped the case because of pressure from the accused family members. I didn't say the police dropped the case. You brought up this unpleasant incident once again, maybe you would have been best not to.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Having lived a varied life in many different places, I can tell you that there is more real justice on many a council estate than there is in any so called law court.

I suspect the same goes for Luxor......

The wheel of fortune and all that.....
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Mad Dilys wrote:Are there some posts missing? :ni:

I can't connect the last four posts with anything that's gone before.................... :tk
Same thought myself MD, thought that I'd slipped into the Twiglit Zone. Its OK going back on old posts to update, but it really should be preceded with a short recap.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

its just I cannot stand living among bleeding idiots and stupid uneducated people that are insensitive, ignorant and try to make peoples lives impossible. The next 4 weeks will be intolerable. Thank God I have only 1 more social appointment on the calendar.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Think we gathered that some time ago MT but a lot of the problems I have to say have been of your own making. Your constant complaints your inability to adapt to new surroundings don't exactly endear you to the "locals". Please don't make the same mistake down under, it wont be Shangrila, no where ever is but I truly wish you and your wife the very best of luck for the future and hope things do work out as you would wish them to be.
Now to end your days here try to reflect on the good times you have had here the nice people you have met, one of who would have given his right arm to live here permanently. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm bewildered by your posts MT. Respect has to be earned.

I have had as much and probably more experience of Egyptians in all walks of life in my business and social activities than most people and I have found that wherever I live and work (either in the UK or in Egypt) I am treated with the same blend of respect and a seasoning of contempt. :lol

Meeting individuals who are "bleeding idiots and stupid uneducated people that are insensitive, ignorant and try to make peoples lives impossible" is usually uncommon if not rare in my life. I suspect that people's reactions are a mirror of oneself. 8)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Whinging Pom
A person of British origin who will consistently complain about any situation that they may face.
They are emotionally unable to deal with any sort of adverse condition without commenting negatively about it.

The typical ‘whinging pom’ can be often located in such global locations such as Australia & New Zealand....'ergo you go ... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:its just I cannot stand living among bleeding idiots and stupid uneducated people that are insensitive, ignorant and try to make peoples lives impossible. The next 4 weeks will be intolerable. Thank God I have only 1 more social appointment on the calendar.
Major Thom, I would suggest you should choose your words more carefully. The description you have used could, on the evidence of many of your own posts, describe yourself.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It is quite unfair to tar all Egyptians with the same brush MT, yes, the ignorant do exist, as do a great number of uneducated. But this does not automatically label them worthless. I speak with Egyptians that are obviously uneducated, but they speak and understand English and usually have a thought provoking tale to tell. I also talk with those that are ignorant of world events, but have a wealth of interesting conversations that flow out on breaths of respect towards me. Many a time I've stated on here that on a one to one basis, I've met far more ''nice locals'' than I ever did in the UK. Their eyes see a lot of good, or seem to do, against yours that see only bad, rapists, murderers, muggers and looters on every street corner. This is not reality, either in Egypt or any other country. I've always held a mooted respect for what you have written down, calling a spade a spade without hesitation, but there comes a time when one has to question as to whether this is what you truly see and think, or has it been produced over a long period of slow, boiling hatred towards those that so easily relieved you of your hard earned cash all those years back, so you have made Egypt, in general, the bedrock of your overall discontentment with Egypt and its peoples. If this is truly who you are, then I think that it matters not where you eventually live as I think that you will find fault in all your walks in life, even when it is blatantly obvious to the rest around you that it is the total opposite.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Can't wait to develop my blog on Luxor, which of course won't be published until April 2017. Hot reading!!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I don't think I wll bother to read it, the preview has rather spoiled it for me I'm afraid. :zz
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

MT how about a blog on your new environment? If you write it regularly, as new events happen it will be nice for you to look back on later. :up
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Don't forget MT. keep your eyes open for the plasticine porters with looking glass ties. They are everywhere..... ;)