14/03/2017

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: 14/03/2017

Post by Horus »

Making a short list:
If you go swimming watch out for Salt Water Crocodiles, Bull Sharks, Great White Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Coastal Taipan's, treading on Marble Cone Snails, Sting Rays, or brushing up against a Box Jellyfish, Irukanji Jellyfish or a Blue Ringed Octopus. On land you already know about the Mozzies, killer Spiders, viscious Honey Bees and more deadly snakes than you can shake a stick at, even them cute looking Koala Bears all carry the chlamydia virus, so no interfering with those little cuties MT ;) And if you see a big Turkey looking thing with feathers when out in the forrest it will probably be a Cassowary that can dissembowel you with one kick, waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda :a24:

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

A Cosmos rep told me once that after checking into their cabin an irritate couple appeared in the reception area making a fuss about their cabin not having a Nile view but of the swimming pool.
she pointed out that the swimming pool was on the cruise boat moored next to their boat and would be gone the next day.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Ok call it memoirs then, I have some photos taken over the past 8-9 years that I can use and other things and stories I can tell. I have no intention of pulling the place to bits, just to show changes good and bad. No it was not me that wrote that Dr. Must admit it is good to see upgrades in the infrastructure. I have spent many happy hours in the engineers office, with test results from around the area and showing such things as line taps, explaining volt drop, the effects of resistance and how it effects supplies. It seems they may be looking into it now, good for them, I always believe if they are not told they cannot react.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

"I have spent many happy hours in the engineers office, with test results from around the area and showing such things as line taps, explaining volt drop, the effects of resistance and how it effects supplies. It seems they may be looking into it now, good for them, I always believe if they are not told they cannot react "

So with all your power cuts, another failure at departing one's 'wisdom to the ancients eh ?
You sure they spoke english or did you think nodding of their heads was understanding ?
Just a thought!..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Yes, they probably have seen the errors of their way and are making haste to "rectify" the situation so your "Ohms" have a consistent bountiful supply. Thanks to MT's lecture, they fully understand how electricity can flow more freely and how one needs to negate the effects of the magnetic fields causing EMF to cause a voltage drop, and the heat also causing issues, as heat causes an increase in resistance and resistance causes heat, which in turn causes heat, a viscous cycle.

A bit like life really, when one looks in the mirror with an angry face, and wonders why the reflection is angry, so they shout at the reflection in an attempt to stop being angry...

Funny old game, Life, you always get as good as you gave.... Throw it ( insert pause) It comes back to you.. ! KARMA !

Truth be told, life is all "mentis", and the Karma is self imposed so you can learn and grow, and climb that ladder ....... :ct
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Not much to do with the topic, but after several try's I can't ''like'' Bombay's post, but works fine on all the others as I tried them all. PS. I unliked the tries as you have to eeeeearn one. :lol: Which reminds me while I'm at it, an English friend that is on here and comes over quite regularly insists that myself and Bombay have blocked him from reading any of our posts. Not true in my case, although he and his family constantly complain about the food of the latter. OK, end of tangent.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

You were the last one to LIKE Bombays post Dusak.. :up

Members who like this post (total 5) : Dusak • Mad Dilys • Yildez • HEPZIBAH • Horus

Patience is your friend..... :cg
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Dusak wrote:Not much to do with the topic, but after several try's I can't ''like'' Bombay's post, but works fine on all the others as I tried them all. PS. I unliked the tries as you have to eeeeearn one. :lol: Which reminds me while I'm at it, an English friend that is on here and comes over quite regularly insists that myself and Bombay have blocked him from reading any of our posts. Not true in my case, although he and his family constantly complain about the food of the latter. OK, end of tangent.
Not blocked anyone, they must keep coming back to find something to moan about.
Annetted
United Kingdom

Post by Annetted »

Major Thom wrote:At 12.15pm our flight leaves Luxor for Cairo International Airport, the hub of traffic and travelers around the World. Tickets booked cases packed, then two hours wait for connection flight out to our new life...... Whoopie!!!! When we land at our destination a new Toyota Rav 4 will be waiting for us, confirmed order and delivery. One night in a Hotel, and then a two hour drive to our new abode, again already sorted, with views out to the sea. The Internet has been brilliant, everything organized from the comfort of our sofa's
Toyota rav 4 LMAO are you taking up hairdressing.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

John Landon wrote:You were the last one to LIKE Bombays post Dusak.. :up

Members who like this post (total 5) : Dusak • Mad Dilys • Yildez • HEPZIBAH • Horus

Patience is your friend..... :cg
There must be a ghost in the machine as I kept going back to re-try. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The forum has been a little slow at times and I have noticed that sometimes a 'like' does not show up straight away.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Horus wrote:Making a short list:
If you go swimming watch out for Salt Water Crocodiles, Bull Sharks, Great White Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Coastal Taipan's, treading on Marble Cone Snails, Sting Rays, or brushing up against a Box Jellyfish, Irukanji Jellyfish or a Blue Ringed Octopus. On land you already know about the Mozzies, killer Spiders, viscious Honey Bees and more deadly snakes than you can shake a stick at, even them cute looking Koala Bears all carry the chlamydia virus, so no interfering with those little cuties MT ;) And if you see a big Turkey looking thing with feathers when out in the forrest it will probably be a Cassowary that can dissembowel you with one kick, waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda :a24:
http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/remote ... ufuu9.html

Don't forget the Drop Bears.
Carpe diem! :le:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Don't forget the Drop Bears.
Oh yes, I nearly forget them nasty little blighters, :sd often disguised as cute little Koala's but much much bigger and far more vicious and a danger to anyone walking in the forrests :D
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Watched a programme on You tube about Brits re-locating to OZ, it looked really nice and I quite fancied visiting but having read the above posts it has quite put me off. :urm:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Many are being forced to return due to the UK Pensions being frozen for many years from what I have read.

Still, hopefully not an issue for MT one sincerely hopes...... :up

Regarding the deadly wildlife out there, may I suggest you keep your piece of 4x2 handy and maybe consider hammering a few 6" nails through the business end of it..... 8)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Oh and I forgot to mention Wombats and Tasmanian Devils, luckily the Thylacine or marsupial wolf is thought to be extinct, but who knows :ni: :sd
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well if MT has been honest with the authorities he will find no difference in his pension being frozen, mine has since I first received it, due to my living here. I do remember Jane A trying to bring it to the attention of her ex MP but nothing ever came of it.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I do not receive my state pension yet, I am not old enough. My Works Pensions are all index linked and I get a rise every year. So not effected by frozen pensions. I will not be claiming state pension for some time, hopefully it will be there to make me money for a few years to come. When you reach state pension age, you do not have to claim it.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

By that I mean State Pension. To claim State Pension you have to fill in the claims forms 3 months before it is due to begin, my State Pension is due in July of this year, but I have not asked for a statement or anything, I have looked to see that I have over 40 years of NI Contributions, and that is all. Because I don't really need it at the moment I will not be applying for it. My two works pensions make up more than the average weekly pay in the UK, so all this talk about frozen pensions does not really effect me too much at the moment. It may do if I stayed in Luxor though because of the daily increasing prices of between 2 and 5%. At the moment I can live fairly well on 29,500Le per month thank you, plus my wife's pensions. Much depends on how a person who is working looks into the future to when they retire and decides what they want to live on, when they do they can make contingency plans. For us at the moment though our income is sufficient and we can also save.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I think everyone is aware of how to claim state pension, I too have company pension which is index linked but I do claim my pension I paid for it long enough. What does sometimes annoy me is the fact that some people here don't tell the authorities that they live here and receive there increases yearly plus heating allowance and all the other freebies. Still I can sleep at night without worry.