You didn't know what you where doing.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

You didn't know what you where doing.

Post by carrie »

Either you didn't realise the implications, understand the problems or not given the right information. So says Tony Blair about the "out" voters in the EU referendum.
More or less you were all too thick to come to a reasonable conclusion. Now the very kind man is setting up a campaign to explain where you all went wrong and try to see if the vote can be overturned.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the prospects of him losing his lucrative position with the EEC?
Personally speaking Tony Blair is the last person I would listen to or take advise from. :evil:

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: You didn't know what you where doing.

Post by John Landon »

We are not worthy Mister B Liar, show us the error of our ways, Oh great one..... We Love you , thanks for all the laws, taxes and wars.... :up

//disengage sarcastic mode//

The fact is, the politico have known since the early 80's that the great British public wanted no part of the EU.
Many long since forgotten campaigns in the 80's and 90's to remove us from the EU have been removed from history.

It was sold to us as the "common market" back in the mid 70's, and we were told that there would be no wars with Europe ever again,
although we have been the American Empire's lap dog and been doing a lot of fighting against Johnny Foreigner ever since.

We were told we could all travel freely across Europe without needing passports, so in effect we could go to Spain as if we were just taking a bus on holiday.
plus the benefits of the Duty Free.

Any "benefits" the great British Public were supposed to receive as a result of being in the EU were never forthcoming or indeed were withdrawn.

All this became was a breeding ground for more greedy hypocritical politicians, making more laws and rules that were not necessary, and driving up our cost of living to fun it all...

Immigration was never the issue in reality, but that's how the exit has been portrayed and made us all out to be racist ******** !

It will be a cold day in Hell before I ever listen to Tony B Liar ever again, the cost of his security runs into millions each year, and he sold his soul to the Devil.
he cant even walk the streets of Britain any more, and rightly so, he is a traitor to the people of this country, like many others before him. ( some names may surprise you )

Now, early last year, I said that a major astrological event was going to take place between the spring and summer solstice of 2016, and I was correct. One of the Gold Stars left the constellation, or at least is supposed to leave. its been 8 months now and the politico are still talking about how the exit is going to happen.
Lets put it this way, If I were a member of a golf club and I did not pay my fee, or just cancelled my membership with a note or a phone call, I can assure you I would not be welcome in that club anymore. But apparently its not that easy to leave, oh no, The politico have to do what they do best ! talk. Talk is cheap, actions is what matters.

Politics, Religion and the "News" are all fingers connected to the same hand ! Welcome to the Matrix..... 8)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

The arrogance of that man never ceases to amaze me, we rejected him and his money making human rights lawyer of a wife and he still thinks he is some sort of hero, as JL has said, he is more in fear of losing his lucrative money making opportunities than any real concern for us. And if I have to listen to just one more politician telling me that I didn’t understand the issues or the implications I would gladly kick them in the balls or if female some other part of the anatomy. I have yet to meet anyone in my circle of friends or acquaintances who tells me they have changed their minds either way should that be leave or remain. Get this into your thick skull Mr B-Liar, we knew the issues and we voted on them, good or bad and no we are not all racists, we just want it controlled to an acceptable level and not have the likes of Merkel inviting every dreg of humanity to live amongst us, we would like to have a say in who we want to live here and who we do not. Contrary to popular belief we have not fallen off a cliff just yet and every prediction by “those who know better than us” have all been wrong. Yes there will be setbacks along the way and everything will not be plain sailing, but most of that will be down to the enmity that the collective EU will face us with, to see us succeed is not in their interest. I really hope that he is seen for what he really is, a war criminal, a liar and a self serving rejected politician who cruises the world preaching to anyone who will pay him the most money, he has no scruples on that score. 8)
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Here is where we have gone wrong.

Government is supposed to work for us, NOT the other way around.

We have to take the power back ! but not by violence, because they are masters of hatred and dis-ease and they know exactly how to deal with that.
Sadly, they are masters of separation, so they know people will never work together.

It is my experience that if something does not work or does not belong, eventually it will fail. Logic determines that, and History proves it.

I guess if they called an election and no one voted and they asked why, we could say that we need real leaders, not talking heads.

Now that we are all in communication with each other via phones, internet and electronic devices, there could be a global meeting place so we the people can determine what we need and how it will be achieved. just a thought.... :br
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Tony Blair is not stupid (apart from the Iraq war) leaving the EU under stupid reasons is i.e. the Tories 50 year internal differences over membership.
So was not letting anyone over 16 vote on their future instead of a load of old fogies past.
i would trust Tony Blair over Boris and his twats any-day and twice on Sunday.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Well anyone over 18 could vote so do you class being over 18 years old as old fogey? your logic makes no sense, every generations life is influenced by the decisions made by the previous one, that is why you and I benefited from things like a National Health Service and many other things, they made bold decisions at the time. Even in the country you choose to live in old age is regarded as a sign of maturity and intelligence and their life experiences give them a better understanding of the world around them and the lessons to be learned from having been around longer, or would you for example have your own future business decisions made by a 16 year old kid? answer = no you would not because you know better having been at it for longer. 8) As for B-Liar, 48 hours to avoid us being attacked by Weapons of Mass Destruction? people should have listened to David Kelly instead of that self serving liar Blair. 8) the man should be on trial in the Hague. 8)
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Yes but the old fogies out numbered those 18 19 by a vast number.
Still rather Blair than Cameroon and May, the NHS isn't that being systematically destroyed?
As usual the Arts are being stripped of money, Churchill was advised during the war that money could be diverted from the arts to the War machine his reply was 'our arts are one of the reasons we are fighting this war".
This referendum was a stupid ploy by Cameron to shut these twats up in his party and to the amazement of Farage and the Britexiters in the Tories they one.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Note to future self: Stay out of political and religious discussions. :st
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

John Landon wrote:Note to future self: Stay out of political and religious discussions. :st

Note to future self: Stay out of political and religious discussions
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I'm not sure why everyone is getting in a tizzy over Blair et al campaigning for the referendum decision to be reversed.

Every 5 years or so we have a general election. Do the efforts of those who didn't vote for the winner have to cease? Do they have to remain silent throughout the term of the new government and accept their victory and subsequent policies, without demure, as a fait accompli?

A majority voted in favour of leaving EU.....but the terms desired or, in reality, available were barely considered and it seems to me entirely reasonable that the government's discussions with Brussels should be considered by parliament (an obvious point which the government has been forced, reluctantly, to concede) and , if parliament so desires, the people could be given a further opportunity to signify whether they want to proceed regardless.

That Blair et al should be campaigning for a further look at the situation seems to me entirely democratic....whether you are for or against leaving...and whatever your views are on Blair personally.

I don't think he has a hope in hell of succeeding....but have no problem with him trying!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Typical Remoaner twisting the figures again to suit their lost argument
UK government figures show:
15 to 19 years old = 3,997,000 representing 6.3% of the population
20 to 24 years old = 4,297,000 representing 6.8% of the population
25 to 29 years old = 4,307,000 representing 6.8% of the population
30 to 34 years old = 4,126,000 representing 6.5% of the population
35 to 39 years old = 4,194,000 representing 6.6% of the population
40 to 44 years old = 4,626,000 representing 7.3% of the population
45 to 49 years old = 4,643,000 representing 7.3% of the population

Then the figures start declining
50 to 54 years old = 4,095,000 representing 6.5% of the population
55 to 59 years old = 3,614,000 representing 5.7% of the population

there follows a temporary boomer blip in the 60’s of which you may well be a part?
60 to 64 years old = 3,807,000 representing 6.0% of the population

Followed by
65 to 69 years old = 3,017,000 representing 4.8% of the population
70 to 74 years old = 2,463,000 representing 3.9% of the population
75 to 79 years old = 2,006,000 representing 3.2% of the population
80 to 84 years old = 1,496,000 representing 2.4% of the population
85 to 89 years old = 918,000 representing 1.5% of the population
90 plus years of age = 476,000 representing 0.8% of the population

I seriously doubt that anyone over the age of about 80 even bothered to vote and even if they did they represented a small percentage of the total voters, as does anyone over 70. So if we look at the population figures above, then by your own criteria everyone between 20 and 50 years old is an old fogey and has no right to an opinion and is also stupid, even though the majority fall into that age group. About time the Remoaners got a grip and realised that they LOST, but maybe if we keep bringing the voting age down to primary school age they may get the result they are after. 8)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Newcastle, I don’t think his campaigning is the issue, it is the man’s credibility as a politician to speak on anything that people object to.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Horus wrote:Typical Remoaner twisting the figures again to suit their lost argument
UK government figures show:
15 to 19 years old = 3,997,000 representing 6.3% of the population
20 to 24 years old = 4,297,000 representing 6.8% of the population
25 to 29 years old = 4,307,000 representing 6.8% of the population
30 to 34 years old = 4,126,000 representing 6.5% of the population
35 to 39 years old = 4,194,000 representing 6.6% of the population
40 to 44 years old = 4,626,000 representing 7.3% of the population
45 to 49 years old = 4,643,000 representing 7.3% of the population

Then the figures start declining
50 to 54 years old = 4,095,000 representing 6.5% of the population
55 to 59 years old = 3,614,000 representing 5.7% of the population

there follows a temporary boomer blip in the 60’s of which you may well be a part?

60 to 64 years old = 3,807,000 representing 6.0% of the population

Followed by
65 to 69 years old = 3,017,000 representing 4.8% of the population
70 to 74 years old = 2,463,000 representing 3.9% of the population
75 to 79 years old = 2,006,000 representing 3.2% of the population
80 to 84 years old = 1,496,000 representing 2.4% of the population
85 to 89 years old = 918,000 representing 1.5% of the population
90 plus years of age = 476,000 representing 0.8% of the population

I seriously doubt that anyone over the age of about 80 even bothered to vote and even if they did they represented a small percentage of the total voters, as does anyone over 70. So if we look at the population figures above, then by your own criteria everyone between 20 and 50 years old is an old fogey and has no right to an opinion and is also stupid, even though the majority fall into that age group. About time the Remoaners got a grip and realised that they LOST, but maybe if we keep bringing the voting age down to primary school age they may get the result they are after. 8)

And these figures are what?
Everyone has lost just those that bought the snake oil haven't realized yet.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

And these figures are what?
I thought that was clear, they are the official government figures that give the population breakdown in millions by age groups and show quite clearly that your old chestnut of an excuse that it was all down to the ‘old fogeys’ voting to leave that lost you your referendum is actually untrue. In other words ALL sections must have voted to leave the EU including the majority of voters between 19 and 50 years old. So out of a 100% population 17.6% are considered children, that is between 4 and 18, (i.e. your would be voters) but in a real world only 82.4% of the UK population were eligible to vote, that is the way it is. Around the world 18 or higher is the most common age to qualify for the right to vote, even in Egypt it is 18 years of age, so why do you consider that we should make an exception to suit your desired result? So if out of that 82.4% of potential voters the ones between 18 and 49 years old represent 47.6% (well above half) of those voters, so it is obvious that the majority of that age group MUST have voted to leave.
Everyone has lost just those that bought the snake oil haven't realized yet.
That is without even adding the voters between 49 and 90 years of age, who I assume are your old fogeys, seems to me that the only people who bought the Snake Oil were the ones that your own views represent.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Typical case of statistic statistic wears the breakdown of ages and how they voted vote?

The only reason those who bought the snake oil are afraid of another referendum on the deal reached to leave or come to it any other referendum is because they know many but not all obviously have realized their mistake and it would be a landslide to stay. If they were remotely sure it would be the same outcome or increase their margin they would hold one tomorrow.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: So we keep on running elections and referendums until you get the result you want, are you by any chance related to Nichola Sturgeon? she keeps playing that game, just quit moaning and live with it, your side lost so get used to it and do feel free in about 10years time to say "I told you so" but until then you don't know the outcome anymore than I do, but at least we get our identity back and control of our laws and decision making, we did it before and we can do it again. The Common Market was fine and that is what people signed up to, this thing has morphed into one big monster controlled by Brussels and the main beneficiary is Germany, I eagerly await it's demise. :td
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Don't need to wait 10 years and in 10 years many of the old fogies won't be around to reap their rewards.
The first thing that will happen is the Banks will leave for Frankfurt something the Germans have wanted since 1939.
The value of the pound is at a 30+ year low.
You should have elections when you have something to vote for not a load of snakeoil.

Last word
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

"I thought that was clear, they are the official government figures that give the population breakdown in millions by age groups and show quite clearly that your old chestnut of an excuse that it was all down to the ‘old fogeys’ voting to leave that lost you your referendum is actually untrue."

Insofar as one can tell from polls carried out immediately before the Referendum it is actually true. Mind you, polls are not a bastion of accuracy.....and you could reasonably say that if the under-50's were concerned about staying in EU they should have got off their arses and voted!

The breakdown of the voting population has no bearing on Bombay's point.

According to the New Statesman :

........................................ Remain ......... Leave ........... Actually Voted

Ages 18-24 ........................... 75%............ 25% .................36%*

Ages 25- 49 .......................... 56%........... 44% ..................65%*

Ages 50-64............................ 44%.......... 56%...................78%*

Ages 65+ .............................. 39%.......... 61%..................83%*

*Sky Data ✔ @SkyData
% who got through our final #EUref poll turnout filter by age group:

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... referendum

By the very nature of a secret ballot, who voted, and for what outcome, can never be known with certainty. It's also possible to point out that the pollsters got the final result wrong! However, from a number of sources, it is fair to say that the LEAVE result depended heavily on the votes of the older electorate.
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

If people couldn't be bothered to vote then they must accept a majority view of those that could! I wonder whether the 18-24 year olds either weren't particularly bothered either way about the result, or could they have been so arrogant to believe that the status quo would be kept whether they voted or not?
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Ruby Slippers wrote:If people couldn't be bothered to vote then they must accept a majority view of those that could! I wonder whether the 18-24 year olds either weren't particularly bothered either way about the result, or could they have been so arrogant to believe that the status quo would be kept whether they voted or not?
perhaps they respected their elders and didn't think they would be so stupid.