Photos please

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Photos please

Post by Dusak »

Who2 wrote:14546
Peace at last....
Not a tourist or ex-pat in sight, thank God.... 8)

Ps: A reminder 'look before you leap!
The sights that those eyes have witnessed, the stories those lips could speak of. I love photos of this nature. :up

The one of the guy standing on the rise of sand looks very much like the one self posted some time ago of Mr. Yare. but minus the Sakara signpost. :lol:

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Interesting to read comments, goes to show how many people take notice of other posts in different sections of the forum, where I thought it would be more of memoirs than a blog. Why would I want to pull Luxor apart from a far, when I can do it here? I don't believe in hiding behind bushes.
No, you are all right I don't like the place, with its inefficiencies, it's filth, it poor medical care, it's lack of education, but I have commented on that while being here, so why do it again? I have only 3 weeks left, and that will be taken up by packing, we cannot put our things in the crates we have had made, that has to be done by the shippers and itemized. More costs! We packed our own things when we left UK and itemized each crate. Once they have gone we don't expect to see them for at least 10 weeks. The excitement is crippling, the fact just of going somewhere that is modern, and restrictions are few.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Dont Worry MT, I guess its all to do with security, :up

If you dont have any Bombs in your packing cases, I am sure they will be only too happy to chuck a couple in for you..... :cg
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Excuse me, but have I really got this right? MT is moving to a new, highly anticipated life, but wants to re-hash the dead ashes of his time in Luxor, a place that he detests? He wants other peoples photos so that he can demonstrate how dreadful Luxor really is? :ni:

What's the point? Who cares? We all know his feelings, they've been constantly re-iterated ad nauseum! Why can't he just be happy to move on? Beats me :urm: :urm: :urm:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Interesting to read comments, goes to show how many people take notice of other posts in different sections of the forum, where I thought it would be more of memoirs than a blog. Why would I want to pull Luxor apart from a far, when I can do it here? I don't believe in hiding behind bushes.
Yes, people do read and take notice...and remember. It was you who called your whatever it is you are trying to create a blog. Memoir was only a word cunjured up when blog was explained to you.

Why would you want to pull Luxor apart at all! Like most places it has the good, the bad and the ugly and it has its share of redeaming features . Unfortunately you are so blinded by negativity that you will carry that in you wherever you go.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

What!! Other people have photo's of how dreadful Luxor is? I do not think they would share them do you? Well all I can say is that if others think Luxor is bad and have them on pics then I am not alone in my thoughts. At this moment of time Luxor is only publishing old pics of Luxor in its glory days, and making out the historic sites are full and packed to capacity I feel it is wrong to mislead tourists in such a way, I don't mind them when put in the context of what they are like now, and before and after pictures are published for comparison. I was reading on a post regarding visa costs and over 60's etc. but can this be trusted I ask, in the past these sort of things have been 2 week wonders.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Has anyone but you said they have photo's of how bad Luxor is, I have gone through the posts and can't see that anywhere. Answer one question if you are moving on with your life why do you want to dwell on Luxor why should you care whether or not people are being misled before visiting here as far as I know you haven't been appointed to govern the Luxor tourist board.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Has anyone but you said they have photo's of how bad Luxor is, I have gone through the posts and can't see that anywhere. Answer one question if you are moving on with your life why do you want to dwell on Luxor why should you care whether or not people are being misled before visiting here as far as I know you haven't been appointed to govern the Luxor tourist board.
You often see, on local social media, foreign semi-resident tourists slagging off the country, or its inhabitants, and the usual riposte from Egyptians is..."Well, if you don't like it, GO HOME!!"

Occasionally, the riposte is not so polite!

Good to see MT is taking this advice to heart. He'll be missed....NOT!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Personally I hope he does create the times gone by and now blog in the vain that some are suggesting. As you get to my age its a constant worry if your bladder is strong enough to guard against those unfortunate little accidents. So I will be able to test the plumbing out in the comfort of my own home without any public embarrassments due to hearty doses of laughs. :))) :a66:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:I don't like the place, with its inefficiencies, it's filth, it poor medical care, it's lack of education, but I have commented on that while being here, so why do it again?
Because you love to repeat yourself.
Major Thom wrote:The excitement is crippling, the fact just of going somewhere that is modern, and restrictions are few.
Why ask for before and after photos from North Africa, when what you really want is to be somewhere modern? Luxor was never modern - believe it or not, but that is what attracts some of us plastic dwellers who want a break from it all.

You cannot document your way out of the fact that you were blind and naive. You have found the right place for you to be, I hope. Perhaps it took some years of living in donkey dong, like you have said that we all do, to appreciate the true value of cereal and candy, so that you can now feel at home in a modern place with electricity, shower, infrastructure and freedom.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote:
You have found the right place for you to be, I hope. Perhaps it took some years of living in donkey dong, like you have said that we all do, to appreciate the true value of cereal and candy, so that you can now feel at home in a modern place with electricity, shower, infrastructure and freedom.
I wonder how long of living with brand name cereal and candy, and all the other things that are treats for most in Luxor, will make them become unnoticeable and just a part of every day that is taken for granted. What will be the next thing an addict can't find but can moan about I wonder!
-Aldous Huxley
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Maybe his new neighbours won't appreciate the skirl of the pipe? :a33:
Smile! It confuses people
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

What Mt never realised in all his time here pretending to be a local was....
Tourists come here to see their dreams, they don't see the detritus they only see the glory that was Egypt.

He missed the bigger picture rather than feeling the energies that exude from the very earth beneath his feet.
Anyhow he's off to a new Country, a very young country that exudes little energy very similar to Florida,
If he is sensitive enough which one doubts, he will externally resister the difference.

Some places on this great planet of ours fortify our energy others deplete it, the skill is knowing when & where to place oneself.....
But that's another story..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

I have often wondered why there appears to be no evidence of Australia ever hosting any great civilisations,,,, :tk and wonder if it ever will ..... :cg

I read a fascinating article about the Aboriginal men and certain claims about mental abilities they posses, which was put to the test by National Geographic who ran the article back in the 1970's.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote:I have often wondered why there appears to be no evidence of Australia ever hosting any great civilisations,,,, :tk and wonder if it ever will ..... :cg

I read a fascinating article about the Aboriginal men and certain claims about mental abilities they posses, which was put to the test by National Geographic who ran the article back in the 1970's.
Civilisations sprang from agriculture and animal husbandry. Although homo sapiens reached Australia some 50,000 years ago, it was cut off from New Guinea at least 10,000 years ago and, in the absence of grasses or rice, the population remained hunter gatherers.

There are no indigenous animals in Australia suitable for domestication. Try catching and taming kangeroos :lol:

The aboriginal culture might have gone on for many more millennia, largely unchanged, were it not for captain Cook

It wasn't until the white man arrived that towns and cities developed. I suppose they've done quite well over 300 years considering the early settlers were convicts and their custodians :)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
The aboriginal culture might have gone on for many more millennia, largely unchanged, were it not for captain Cook

It wasn't until the white man arrived that towns and cities developed. I suppose they've done quite well over 300 years considering the early settlers were convicts and their custodians :)
That has reminded me of one of my favourite books - Morgan's Run by Colleen McCulloch. An excellent read and perhaps time I read it again.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:

That has reminded me of one of my favourite books - Morgan's Run by Colleen McCulloch. An excellent read and perhaps time I read it again.
Another excellent book on the settlement of Australia is "The Fatal Shore" by Robert Hughes.

For how man spread over the planet, developed civilisations etc. , see "Sapiens - A Brief History of Humankind" by Yuval Noah Harari.
Sleepy Head

Post by Sleepy Head »

'Mutant message from Down Under' is worth reading.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:

Try and get hold of a copy of "Sara Dane" by Anya Seton, based on a true story - Google for more info! I think Amazon offer her books for Kindle. Enjoy!
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Yildez wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:

Try and get hold of a copy of "Sara Dane" by Anya Seton, based on a true story - Google for more info! I think Amazon offer her books for Kindle. Enjoy!
That rings a bell. Perhaps I've read it in the very dim and distant past. I'll certainly look it up.
-Aldous Huxley