Photos please

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Photos please

Post by Yildez »

It was written many years ago, I believe I first read it in the 1960's! Her books stand the test of time well, and I re-read them every 5 years or so - got them all on my Kindle. My absolute favourite is "Katherine", the story of Katherine Swynford, a humble knights daughter who became the mistress, and later wife, of John of Gaunt. She's buried in Lincoln Cathedral, and her descendants have included many kings and queens, including Princess Diana! Probably my second favourite is "Sara Dane" - let me know how you get on with it!

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:It was written many years ago, I believe I first read it in the 1960's! Her books stand the test of time well, and I re-read them every 5 years or so - got them all on my Kindle. My absolute favourite is "Katherine", the story of Katherine Swynford, a humble knights daughter who became the mistress, and later wife, of John of Gaunt. She's buried in Lincoln Cathedral, and her descendants have included many kings and queens, including Princess Diana! Probably my second favourite is "Sara Dane" - let me know how you get on with it!
Katherine sounds right up my street...I'm fascinated by Plantagenet history..

Just ordered it on Kindle....99p !!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

.I'm fascinated by Plantagenet history..
You should chat with our Kiya over on the Gold side, she is an avid fan of that period of history :up
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

newcastle wrote:
Yildez wrote:It was written many years ago, I believe I first read it in the 1960's! Her books stand the test of time well, and I re-read them every 5 years or so - got them all on my Kindle. My absolute favourite is "Katherine", the story of Katherine Swynford, a humble knights daughter who became the mistress, and later wife, of John of Gaunt. She's buried in Lincoln Cathedral, and her descendants have included many kings and queens, including Princess Diana! Probably my second favourite is "Sara Dane" - let me know how you get on with it!
Katherine sounds right up my street...I'm fascinated by Plantagenet history..

Just ordered it on Kindle....99p !!
If you like the Plantagenet period, try "The Greatest Knight", and "The Scarlet Lion" by Elizabeth Chadwick, about William Marshall a key figure and now largely forgotten by history.