Hawass has a rant!

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Hawass has a rant!

Post by newcastle »

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)
·
Egyptian Archaeologist Zahi Hawwas Sums Up Recent Celebrity Tours of the Pyramids: Will Smith Paid for Everything; Lionel Messi Is a Moron
In a telephone interview with Sada Al-Balad TV, renowned Egyptian archaeologist and Egyptologist Dr. Zahi Hawwas talked about recent visits by international celebrities to Egypt and the pyramids. Hawwas commended actor Will Smith, whom he described as a personal friend, and said that Smith had paid for his entire visit out of his own pocket. Messi was described by Hawwas as a “moron” who had “a blank look” on his face when the Egyptian archaeology was explained to him. The comments aired on Sada Al-Balad TV on March 5. Hawwas served a one-month term as Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs until the toppling of President Mubarak.

phpBB [video]

Hawass calls Messi "a moron". Well.....as they say....it takes one to know one :lol:

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Re: Hawass has a rant!

Post by Mad Dilys »

As Lionel Messi is Argentinian it's quite likely that he doesn't understand Zahi Hawwas' accent in any language. Though of course it is remotely possible that Mr Messi might speak Egyptian Arabic.

Note. I say Egyptian Arabic because I know of a chap who spent 4 years learning to read and write classical Arabic so that when he did come to Egypt he would be able to converse easily with the local people. It was they that told me they had a job to understand what he said as he had no idea of colloquial Arabic. ;)
Smile! It confuses people
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hawass : " I am Egypt's gift to you!"

Yeah right !! :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Mad Dilys wrote:
Note. I say Egyptian Arabic because I know of a chap who spent 4 years learning to read and write classical Arabic so that when he did come to Egypt he would be able to converse easily with the local people. It was they that told me they had a job to understand what he said as he had no idea of colloquial Arabic. ;)
That reminds me of the many times I asked for "shay maha haleeb" (tea with milk) ...to be met by blank stares. "Shay b'laban" is the colloquial equivalent....although you tend to end up with tea literally made with milk i.e. a tea bag in a cup of lukewarm milk :lol: