Why is America great?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Why is America great?

Post by newcastle »

Maybe you're reading too much into my comments here, and elsewhere, regarding refugees so I'll state -briefly - my views :

Genuine refugees (as opposed to economic migrants) from conflict zones deserve our support. I don't argue, to any significant degree, that we are the cause of their misery (although we've played a part). It's simply the "right" thing to do...as an incomparably wealthier nation. That we do offer support (not enough IMO) is one characteristic of "greatness". I daresay that makes me a naive bleeding heart in the eyes of some. I don't care.

Refugees in host countries have a duty to behave themselves...arguably more so than the local population.

Misbehaviour by refugees should not be excused or tolerated but nor should it be exaggerated ....as it is by some elements of the media. This just fosters xenophobia and racism which, regrettably, is part of the human condition.

Although the migration of young men, leaving the women, young and elderly behind, may seem strange to you.I don't think it's unusual in Arab and other 3rd world societies who live life rather differently. Villages in these places are often devoid of able-bodied males who are away for long periods seeking employment. When an extended family has reached the relative sanctuary of a refugee camp, the younger men will tend to drift in 2 directions...to the west (with the aim of bringing their families subsequently) or back to the conflict area to continue fighting.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
In the near future, I hope to write up on here a subject post on 'broad church' and I certainly do not mean the TV program, ...
Can't wait. I do hope I don't miss it. I seem to miss so many of the posts that you promise us all. Even the posts you refer to in a historical context I never seem to find.
Having not been around much over the last week or so, I'm just wondering if I've missed the 'broad church' topic or if it is yet to come.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
In the near future, I hope to write up on here a subject post on 'broad church' and I certainly do not mean the TV program, ...
Can't wait. I do hope I don't miss it. I seem to miss so many of the posts that you promise us all. Even the posts you refer to in a historical context I never seem to find.
It's been a long time since A-Four said the above. I don't recall reading the piece. Did I miss it? If so would someone please link in the post for me. Thanks.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
It's been a long time since A-Four said the above. I don't recall reading the piece. Did I miss it? If so would someone please link in the post for me. Thanks.

Seems you have been left in the dark on a certain subject here, I would have a word with Horus. :wi .
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It was only a timeline in the broadest of meanings. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Seems you have been left in the dark on a certain subject here, I would have a word with Horus. :wi .
And why would that be A4? another of your senseless riddles? 8)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:Can't wait. I do hope I don't miss it. I seem to miss so many of the posts that you promise us all. Even the posts you refer to in a historical context I never seem to find.
HEPZIBAH wrote:It's been a long time since A-Four said the above. I don't recall reading the piece. Did I miss it? If so would someone please link in the post for me. Thanks.
A-Four wrote: Seems you have been left in the dark on a certain subject here, I would have a word with Horus. :wi .
:?:
Yes, you have left me and others in the dark on this. I am not surprised at that though. At least you are consistent!
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

How many times A Four have you posted about cliques? Is it a case of if someone disagree's with you then they must be part of a clique? One of which you must not be a member. Argue your point A Four and don't resort to childish remarks.
How many times have you posted that you will have more to say about a certain subject later but nothing ever follows. Quite often to my disappointment because I would be interested to read what you have to say. You seem to have a wide knowledge about things in Luxor from years ago, I remember sitting with Charlie (Mrs Doubtfire) and I was fascinated with his stories from the past, when you do say you will tell us more later please try to do so.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Quite often to my disappointment because I would be interested to read what you have to say. You seem to have a wide knowledge about things in Luxor from years ago, I remember sitting with Charlie (Mrs Doubtfire) and I was fascinated with his stories from the past
I completely agree with that remark Carrie, many people like A4 have a mine of information, just lets have it without all the mystery and secrecy that often surrounds his posts, just say what you have to say without the snide comments.