Drugs

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Drugs

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:He did tell me though that a man in his village was addicted to Tramadol and he believed the going rate was 70le per tab. Times 300 that's 21,000le a trip quite a killing.
I am somewhat surprised that you of all people Carrie, with what can only be described as high values, should be fraternising with such people who know the common day to day exchange price values of DRUGS in the rural districts of Egypt.

The price that your 'friend' here suggests seems a little strange,..... has he here suggested the retail or wholesale price ? The present day RETAIL price for one 100mg tablet of Tramadol in the U.S.A. is now $10, in the U.K. the current price is £5 per tab, wholesale prices may differ. The information I give does not, in the U.K., give the impression that I am a drug pusher, however, should I write the same and be living in Egypt,..........then that could be looked at quite differently.

During my life and time in Egypt, I did NOT appear on this forum at all, though in my final three years there, I did not give a damn, and I had nothing to loose. The law in Egypt is becoming stricter now that it ever was in the Mubarak era, and the awajas that remain there should be very careful what they write on here and elsewhere. :wi :wi :wi .

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
carrie wrote:He did tell me though that a man in his village was addicted to Tramadol and he believed the going rate was 70le per tab. Times 300 that's 21,000le a trip quite a killing.
I am somewhat surprised that you of all people Carrie, with what can only be described as high values, should be fraternising with such people who know the common day to day exchange price values of DRUGS in the rural districts of Egypt.

The price that your 'friend' here suggests seems a little strange,..... has he here suggested the retail or wholesale price ? The present day RETAIL price for one 100mg tablet of Tramadol in the U.S.A. is now $10, in the U.K. the current price is £5 per tab, wholesale prices may differ. The information I give does not, in the U.K., give the impression that I am a drug pusher, however, should I write the same and be living in Egypt,..........then that could be looked at quite differently.

During my life and time in Egypt, I did NOT appear on this forum at all, though in my final three years there, I did not give a damn, and I had nothing to loose. The law in Egypt is becoming stricter now that it ever was in the Mubarak era, and the awajas that remain there should be very careful what they write on here and elsewhere. :wi :wi :wi .
'The present day RETAIL price for one 100mg tablet of Tramadol ... in the U.K. the current price is £5 per tab,...'

Please state where you got that figure from.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

My dear hepzibah, I notice your recent and past interest in such drugs, so therefore may I bring your attention to the drug DF 118's each of these simple tabs, more than seven years ago had a street value of £1 per tab.

Irrespective of your average fool on here who do not understand present day attitudes, I do not take drugs nor do I supply, but I certainly live in the real world and not some provincial village, where life is so quant. I know quite well what the young of today get up to.

The latest party clubland area of London these days is not the West End or Camden Town, but Shroreditch High Street, not a million miles from my home. You may ask, like I do, why they need to take such a tab, but they do,...........and the retail price is as I say £5, draft I know you would say, and I would agree,.................but then again, Welcome to Shoreditch.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

....I can tell you by just looking at them, what they will die within the next ten years of something they least expect.
An impressive talent :urm:

You could contact the NHS....maybe even WHO....and save them $ billions in diagnostic medical work.

Alternatively, set up a tent , don a gypsy outfit, polish your crystal ball and earn yourself a few quid at some East End fair. :ct
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Surprised he could find anyone who doesn't drink or smoke in Luxor. :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Surprised he could find anyone who doesn't drink or smoke in Luxor. :lol:
Likewise.....

Although we've never met Carrie, from A-Four's posts I'm beginning to picture a lady who's a cross between "Edna tne Inebriate Woman" and the madam of a Luxor drug-dealing emporium.

Glad to see the West Bank still has its "characters" ;)
Spoiler
Not to worry....we all know he invariably spouts total bol*ocks !
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Careful now Newcastle don't want to be accused of forming a clique. :urm:
Not given you a like because we know someone counts them.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Careful now Newcastle don't want to be accused of forming a clique. :urm:
Not given you a like because we know someone counts them.
Come on, come on, Come on, come on, Come on, come on, Come on (2x)
D'you wanna be in my gang , my gang, my gang, D'you wanna be in my gang, Oh Yeah! (2x)
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, I'm the leader of the gang I am
I'm the leader, I'm the leader, Well there's no one like the man I am
I can take you high as a kite every single night.....

You bring the booze/substances....I'll bring the music :lol:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:My dear hepzibah, I notice your recent and past interest in such drugs, so therefore may I bring your attention to the drug DF 118's each of these simple tabs, more than seven years ago had a street value of £1 per tab.

Irrespective of your average fool on here who do not understand present day attitudes, I do not take drugs nor do I supply, but I certainly live in the real world and not some provincial village, where life is so quant. I know quite well what the young of today get up to.

The latest party clubland area of London these days is not the West End or Camden Town, but Shroreditch High Street, not a million miles from my home. You may ask, like I do, why they need to take such a tab, but they do,...........and the retail price is as I say £5, draft I know you would say, and I would agree,.................but then again, Welcome to Shoreditch.

A-Four, my interest in drugs and other medications comes, apart from anything else, from being a UK Tax Payer who greatly values the National Health Service and tries to understand and appreciate the correct use and true cost of items which are prescribed. I can only speculate as to your own interest and knowledge, especially when it comes to drugs which can be highly addictive.
I was curious to know your source for the ‘RETAIL’ price you gave for Tramadol, believing it not to be available other than by prescription. That being the case, I wondered if you meant the price as per the UK NHS Drugs Tarff. Of course, if I had thought about it (in conjunction with other comments you have made) I would probably have realised that by ‘RETAIL’ you meant ‘BLACK MARKET’ prices!

I’m not sure why you have suddenly jumped from Tramadol to DF118’s (Dihydrocodeine) but you certainly seem to know your opiates. Again, I will try not to speculate why that might be, after all you have already regularly given the impression that your ‘drug’ of choice is alcohol – which certainly should not be mixed with opiates (and I'm sure any fool knows that, even an average one!).

I’ll barge in here and take a punt that you did not mean to write ‘quant’ (pun intended), but will assume you meant quaint. :a22:
-Aldous Huxley
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Recently my doctor changed my prescription from diclofenac to Tramadol and I collected a box of 5 sheets with 100 capsules on each.

I doubt that I was given £2,500 worth! :a54:
Smile! It confuses people
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Mad Dilys wrote:Recently my doctor changed my prescription from diclofenac to Tramadol and I collected a box of 5 sheets with 100 capsules on each.

Well Mad Dilys, I think it depends on whether you are looking at 'worth' as the 'RETAIL' (Black Market) value on the streets of A-Four's neighbourhood, or whether you are thinking in terms of the NHS cost (not prescription charge cost). If the latter, then I think they will be, depending on strength and manufacturer, in the region of £5 - £15 per 100 so at most £75.

:a40:
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Mad Dilys wrote:Recently my doctor changed my prescription from diclofenac to Tramadol and I collected a box of 5 sheets with 100 capsules on each.

I would re-check your amount MD, as far as I know, as a rule Tramadol Hydrochloride either 50mg or 100mg come in strips of ten tablets and in total are dispensed at a box rate of 100 tablets only.

Further to your above statement I can not understand a switch from diclofenac to Tramadol without the GP wanting to keep a check on you after no longer than two or three weeks depending on strength, therefore I find it difficult to believe the GP has prescribed such a large amount.

If your pain relief has been increased simply to allow you a peaceful nights sleep without pain, there are such tablets that the GP can prescribe that are just as effective and certainly would not become addictive.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:My dear hepzibah, I notice your recent and past interest in such drugs, so therefore may I bring your attention to the drug DF 118's each of these simple tabs, more than seven years ago had a street value of £1 per tab.

A-Four, my interest in drugs and other medications comes, apart from anything else, from being a UK Tax Payer who greatly values the National Health Service and tries to understand and appreciate the correct use and true cost of items which are prescribed. I can only speculate as to your own interest and knowledge, especially when it comes to drugs which can be highly addictive.
I was curious to know your source for the ‘RETAIL’ price you gave for Tramadol, believing it not to be available other than by prescription. That being the case, I wondered if you meant the price as per the UK NHS Drugs Tarff. Of course, if I had thought about it (in conjunction with other comments you have made) I would probably have realised that by ‘RETAIL’ you meant ‘BLACK MARKET’ prices!

I’m not sure why you have suddenly jumped from Tramadol to DF118’s (Dihydrocodeine) but you certainly seem to know your opiates. Again, I will try not to speculate why that might be, after all you have already regularly given the impression that your ‘drug’ of choice is alcohol – which certainly should not be mixed with opiates (and I'm sure any fool knows that, even an average one!).

I’ll barge in here and take a punt that you did not mean to write ‘quant’ (pun intended), but will assume you meant quaint. :a22:
Like you Hepzibah I also value the NHS and am proud to sing its praise where ever I am in the world, but the old saying 'from the cradle to the grave' now needs updating to 'from the cradle to the grave, and everything in between', being that these day that is true. Those on this forum over a certain age know they are give a annual 'MOT' and when the start of a future big problem is discover, a tablet a day controls this, and even with the very serious problems like cancer, people are living longer,........all this cost money.

Here in London, not sure about the rest of the country, you can now look and speak to a doctor on your mobile, simply look up Push Doctor on the Internet and discover the total cost of getting a private prescription through this method, Is this the future for all of us ?

We have a new type of drugs problem in central London, nitrous oxide better known as laughing gas. Unlike people who smoke joints, we clearly see the waste product cartridge after use, being a 3ins pressurised gas canister that are discarded it seems, throughout the City and West End. The instant effect of this new trick can be death, though it seems no one seems to care, not even the government.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote: I’ll barge in here and take a punt that you did not mean to write ‘quant’ (pun intended), but will assume you meant quaint. :a22:
Now now, like you even I can be accused of relying on the predictor on my lap top to make life easier. :wi .
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote: I’ll barge in here and take a punt that you did not mean to write ‘quant’ (pun intended), but will assume you meant quaint. :a22:
Now now, like you even I can be accused of relying on the predictor on my lap top to make life easier. :wi .
Like me! You may accuse me of using predictive text but you would be entirely wrong. Indeed, it is a tool that I loath and do my best to ensure is switched off on all typing equipment I am using. Better that I make my own mistakes than be incorrect because of a machine.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
Like me! You may accuse me of using predictive text but you would be entirely wrong. Indeed, it is a tool that I loath and do my best to ensure is switched off on all typing equipment I am using. Better that I make my own mistakes than be incorrect because of a machine.
Hear hear!!

it's a nightmare. Being a bit anal when it comes to reasonably correct spelling/grammar/syntax, I'd spend twice as long correcting its mistakes as any time saved by using it.

Mind you...it may explain the gobbledegook English I have to try and make sense of when reading the posts of some people. :ct
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Push Doctor

An interesting concept ...but one not without its critics. Push Doctor is an online doctor consultation service headquartered in Manchester, UK. The service currently has over 7,000 GMC registered UK General Practitioners available and connects patients to these for secure online video consultations. The service is accessed via computer or a number of mobile and tablet apps. As the result of a consultation patients can then be referred, provided with a fit note or issued with a prescription for medication.

In June 2017 it was condemned by the Care Quality Commission as it was found not to be safe, effective or well-led. The inspectors found it was prescribing high-risk medicines to patients without performing proper checks, and in at least one case was prescribing drugs for uses beyond their licenses.

Typical complaints relate to internet glitches resulting in being charged for a consultation which was never accessed.

"I paid £20 for a consultation that was cut off and they won’t give me a refund. Website misleading in saying their doctors can prescribe repeat prescriptions and they can’t, well not for what I needed anyway. They can only prescribe certain things, most of which you can buy over the counter, then they charge you £7 admin fee on top of the cost of your prescription. My advice is save your money and see a pharmacist for free. Asked for a refund and customer service has been awful. Will never use this service again and I will make sure everyone I know doesn’t either."

Perhaps more worryingly...

"A private company operating for profit but masquerading as an NHS service, trumpeting its use of NHS-trained doctors (paid for by the taxpayer), outside of the hours they are contracted to work for the NHS. So, they're either working too hard, or could be using that time to work for the NHS. If you support this service, you are supporting the eventual privatisation and destruction of our health service (which you will almost certainly be relying on, beyond the initial 10 minute remote interview, to provide subsidised drugs and proper "free" face to face treatment)."
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

A-Four wrote:

I would re-check your amount MD, as far as I know, as a rule Tramadol Hydrochloride either 50mg or 100mg come in strips of ten tablets and in total are dispensed at a box rate of 100 tablets only.

Further to your above statement I can not understand a switch from diclofenac to Tramadol without the GP wanting to keep a check on you after no longer than two or three weeks depending on strength, therefore I find it difficult to believe the GP has prescribed such a large amount.

If your pain relief has been increased simply to allow you a peaceful nights sleep without pain, there are such tablets that the GP can prescribe that are just as effective and certainly would not become addictive.
I'll go straight to the naughty seat for not checking what I'd written - humble apologies. I blame taking the tablets!

Here's the truth. I have 50mg capsules, not tablets in strips of 20 so I only had 100 tablets dispensed to me.

I am prescribed 4 to 8 capsules per day as necessary, currently taking 3 supported by paracetamol (recommended by Doctor)

I don't understand my Doctor either - he took me off an anti inflammatory three years ago and substituted diclofenac. After 2 years he demanded to know who had prescribed it for me! However I continued to be prescribed it until I was obviously getting a bad reaction a few months ago and he summarily substituted Tramadol without any indication of further checks.

By the way, they were prescribed to make my everyday pain tolerable, not to help me sleep - if I needed them as you say "there are such tablets that the GP can prescribe that are just as effective and certainly would not become addictive." I don't know what Such tablets are, and as they aren't needed I don't care.

Of course you were right to be dubious about my bizarre post, well done!

So I was only given £500 worth, is that right?

I still don't understand why you used the term Retail price - care to explain?
Smile! It confuses people
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Mad Dilys wrote:
So I was only given £500 worth, is that right?
Well if that's all you're going to make it's barely worth your effort trying to flog em on in this day and age. Might just as well keep them for personal use. ;)
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

To think I used to have occasional pangs of nervousness making critical remarks on this forum about Egypt and its governance.

I'm somewhat relieved to be amongst a nest of drug users/advisers discussing the street value of illegal and/or controlled substances.

I think Big Brother is likely to be more interested in their activities than mine :up