Rough justice

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Rough justice

Post by newcastle »

There are frequent flare ups between the Muslims and Christians of Egypt. You may recall the December attack on a church in the Giza district :

Hundreds of Muslim demonstrators storm Egyptian Coptic church and call for it to be demolished.

Hostile mob wrecked sacred objects and attacked worshippers inside the church.

Demonstrators chanted offensive slogans and called for the church's demolition.

The church in Giza, just outside of Egypt's capital Cairo, is yet to be sanctioned by the state but has been observing prayers for 15 years.

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Egypt.html

Unusually, justice has been swift for the perpetrators :

A Cairo misdemeanour court sentenced on Wednesday 19 people to a one-year suspended sentence and handed each an EGP 500 fine over an attack on a Coptic Christian church in Giza's Atfih.

On the other hand.....

The court has also fined the Christian owner of the building EGP 360,000 (around $20,370) for using the building as a religious site without a permit.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... to--p.aspx

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Rough justice

Post by Major Thom »

May be a call by Christians for the many unnecessary mosques to be demolished should be bought up, disturbing peoples peace when many have watches and mobiles to remind them of the time. We all know the outcome from this one sided Country will be! I took it the new regime was anxious to include Christians in the works but seems not, there is still a big split in the treatment.