Lecture next Sunday

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Lecture next Sunday

Post by BBLUX »

Some of you may remember the winter MM lecture series a few years ago.
An attempt is being made to rekindle interest at a new venue. They are being facilitated by Ibrahim Soliman who many might remember as the former Director of Karnak and Luxor Temples. He has found a superb venue for these lectures. It is the Thebes Hotel on the West Bank.This is a new hotel with stunning views across the Theban hills. It is equipped with an accessibility ramp and a good lift.

This lecture is one of a series by Francesco Tiradritti and it will be starting at 6pm on Sunday 11th March

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Lecture next Sunday

Post by Yildez »

Really wish I could be there! Fascinating subject - as I'm sure you know, not only was Isis adopted by Rome and became a cult goddess in her own right, but she was the model for Mary, mother of Jesus, when the new religion of Christianitybegan to establish itself.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

As I told you both the other day I certainly will attend, especially as you have now explained to me where the hotel is.
I will take notes Yildez.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:As I told you both the other day I certainly will attend, especially as you have now explained to me where the hotel is.
I will take notes Yildez.
Is it that hotel on the junction of the West Bank road and the road up to the Colossi of Memnon?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So many hotels these days, I live here and still don't know of the Thebes Hotel.
The one mentioned next to the Police check-point used to be the Egyptian experience Hotel, but who really knows ?
A slightly more informative directive would be more than helpful. cheers!.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Go up from the ferry to the check point, turn left and the hotel is about 50 yards further on the right hand side near the garage, it is apparently well sign posted.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Been busy so missed the questions. Yes as Carrie said you turn left from the checkpoint and go along the road towards Luxor bridge. Go past the messy petrol station on the right and the sign to the Thebes Hotel is about 30-40 meters further along. Straight down the small road to the end (about 100m)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.