Mo Salah row over image rights

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Mo Salah row over image rights

Post by newcastle »

An interesting tussle is developing between Egypt's "golden boy" and the authoritarian state eager to milk his real triumphs...as opposed to the "virtual" successes of assorted state projects.

"Liverpool’s red-hot winger Mohamed Salah, an iconic figure in Egypt, has fallen out with the country’s football association over what his agent believes is the exploitation of his image rights by football authorities.

Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas, who is also the director of MS Commercial (Cayman), the entity that owns the player’s image rights, said his emails and letters to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) went unanswered as he sought clarification on a number of issues."

Unusual for the authorities to play deaf & dumb when confronted by something awkward :urm: . The Cayman Islands is a popular home for lodging image rights....tax avoidance being the motive.

"Abbas was particularly concerned about an EgyptAir plane designed for the national team ahead of the World Cup, bearing the pictures of several players including Salah. He argued that the EFA and its sponsor, advertising agency Presentation, could not use Salah’s image without a written consent from MS Commercial."

Not content with being fobbed off, Abbas wrote to the EFA :

“I hereby … demand that the image of Mohamed Salah be immediately removed from the Egypt Air aeroplane, and that the Egyptian Football Association, Presentation and its commercial partners immediately cease using, and/or authorizing the use of the image … without having obtained our express written consent.”

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/298445.aspx

Salah's popularity in Egypt exceeds that of the president......a point which the authorities would be well advised to bear in mind if push comes to shove..

Watch this space! :cg

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Mo Salah row over image rights

Post by Dusak »

Football? **** the game and double **** him.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Mo Salah row over image rights

Post by crewmeal »

Salah's popularity in Egypt exceeds that of the president......a point which the authorities would be well advised to bear in mind if push comes to shove..

Watch this space! :cg
Didn't the same thing happen Imran Khan and he became a popular politician? However I don't think Mo is interested in politics.