Airports

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Airports

Post by Major Thom »

Is the news feed correct that next week Luxor Airport will have its busiest time since the Revolution? When ex pats and alike flee the Country for a month...... I noticed that last week many did not get much sleep due to the parties and the lethargic attitude to work by many.

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Airports

Post by crewmeal »

Good luck to one and all for EID in a months time.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

We are getting excited about welcoming more guests from Luxor this week, we have not seen them since leaving, and are busy working on all the places we can show them. They are interested in the history of the island and the many amphitheaters and Monasteries, also the Roman Mosaics and the latest findings in and around Paphos. We intend to take them for a cruise on the Wavedancer and to the Latchi Marina for a boat trip to the Blue Lagoon. I am sure they will like the old Monastery close to where we live, carved from the mountains in the 1100"s and used until the new Monastery was built 500 years later. We will also take them to Soumi were the hidden lake is, and the Soumi Greek Taverna for a Mezza. Also want to take them to Mario's Taverna and Tala Square.

Just wish they were staying a month there is so much to do, places to see, that we will have to wait for their return. Far too much to do for a week.

I appreciate that this should have been put in General but thought I would add it on to the post of Airports and the busiest time for ex pats to go on holiday. These two are just a sample of people holidaying during Ramadan. Flying from here to the UK for 3 weeks to finish their holiday. I do wish the people from our old village of Gorf though a peaceful Ramadan, these people fully understood we did not celebrate Ramadan, and made many allowances for the Christian Community in the area, and although poor they would invite us most nights for food. Of course we would also take food with us to help. Gorf although a poor village, was extremely accommodating and the tiny shops would open for us if we knocked on the door for provisions that we had run out of. In many respects we still miss the village, but was so sad to see the people suffering through lack of money etc. While we were there they were absolutely gems....
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:Is the news feed correct that next week Luxor Airport will have its busiest time since the Revolution? When ex pats and alike flee the Country for a month...... I noticed that last week many did not get much sleep due to the parties and the lethargic attitude to work by many.
Of course Ramadan has its frustrations for the expats......particularly those who are prepared to moan about any inconvenience and have no interest in bonding with the locals

It amazes me why such people ever came to Egypt in the first place. How pig-ignorant of muslim culture can you get?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:We are getting excited about welcoming more guests from Luxor this week, we have not seen them since leaving, and are busy working on all the places we can show them. They are interested in the history of the island and the many amphitheaters and Monasteries, also the Roman Mosaics and the latest findings in and around Paphos. We intend to take them for a cruise on the Wavedancer and to the Latchi Marina for a boat trip to the Blue Lagoon. I am sure they will like the old Monastery close to where we live, carved from the mountains in the 1100"s and used until the new Monastery was built 500 years later. We will also take them to Soumi were the hidden lake is, and the Soumi Greek Taverna for a Mezza. Also want to take them to Mario's Taverna and Tala Square.

Just wish they were staying a month there is so much to do, places to see, that we will have to wait for their return. Far too much to do for a week.

I appreciate that this should have been put in General but thought I would add it on to the post of Airports and the busiest time for ex pats to go on holiday. These two are just a sample of people holidaying during Ramadan. Flying from here to the UK for 3 weeks to finish their holiday. I do wish the people from our old village of Gorf though a peaceful Ramadan, these people fully understood we did not celebrate Ramadan, and made many allowances for the Christian Community in the area, and although poor they would invite us most nights for food. Of course we would also take food with us to help. Gorf although a poor village, was extremely accommodating and the tiny shops would open for us if we knocked on the door for provisions that we had run out of. In many respects we still miss the village, but was so sad to see the people suffering through lack of money etc. While we were there they were absolutely gems....
Ghost writer about I see!

Nice to have a literate post :)))
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Went to The Dark Side today shopping...
Took the 'mad knifeman of Ramla with me. Eric the Septic. (septic tank / yank)
Be'Jesus does he cause problems, reminded me of MT making a rod for his own back.
He won't be coming shopping with me again.
Anyhow bumped into 4 Belgium's who had just flown in, So it's not all 'gloom & doom.
'Ramadan Kareem'.... 8)
Ps: Gorf ? Jorff, Geoff, not much of a City! lol.
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

If people push their religion on to me they will get a backlash, the folk in Gorf never did. They accepted we were not Muslims and that was that, when it came to our religious belief's never the twain met. I am not against Muslims at all, but when it comes to religion stopping you from working its a bit rich. I remember reading on here once that at a certain hospital 50% of the Doctors that had signed on were not on campus. That to me is a bit rich, so is being so weak you cannot get up for work, its not and excuse! and to me again a bit rich. Why does not eating during the day stop you from working the next day? Shops closed, coffee shops closed, mini marts closed etc etc. I am sure Ramadan is not an excuse for people not to work. Like I said in Gorf the small shops just needed a phone call or a knock on the door and they would let you in to buy provisions. There was never anyone there at most shops in Gezera, only when we were sleeping through the night. Would you say that by partying until 3 and 4am was not pig ignorant too Newc? Keeping people awake, would you consider lorries making deliveries of building equipment at 2am not pig ignorant, or builders banging about until 5am not pig ignorant, or even people that have sold top soil who get the earth movers in working through the night not pig ignorant. No sorry but please do not accuse people of pig ignorance when they have their hours of sleep destroyed during sometime of every week. These things have nothing to do with the Muslim faith. If you have to put up with it then all it takes is an Amplifier, and a laptop with Ritchie Blackmore, Aerosmith or John Bon Jovi blasting from the roof tops, to get even. I remember they were building a villa near us and they were cutting and throwing steel work all over the place, I asked them at 11pm how long it would take they said 1 hour at 5am they were still at it. Again is that being pig ignorant of the Muslim faith. There were many times we crossed the River and booked into a Hotel to get some sleep without saying a word to anyone, but we were not night owls being led along by S----E music and people that did not consider others. Is that again pig ignorant of the Muslim faith or just doing the right thing. If you all give in to others religious beliefs then you will get no where. I suppose the woman that have thought they were married (Orfi) will say the same or the women that have been fleeced by love hungry men, etc etc you can go on and on but there is a line, and once the line is crossed there is no gong back. Where we live now its like peaceful and quiet and the locals consider others, most parties end at 11pm and if they are going longer the organisers let it be known to the nearby houses. Why? because they do not like Pig Ignorance. But those of you that have lived in Luxor many years will not know what pig ignorance is, because its rubbed off on yourselves.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:
I appreciate that this should have been put in General ...
We can help you with that.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:If people push their religion on to me they will get a backlash, the folk in Gorf never did. They accepted we were not Muslims and that was that, when it came to our religious belief's never the twain met. I am not against Muslims at all, but when it comes to religion stopping you from working its a bit rich. I remember reading on here once that at a certain hospital 50% of the Doctors that had signed on were not on campus. That to me is a bit rich, so is being so weak you cannot get up for work, its not and excuse! and to me again a bit rich. Why does not eating during the day stop you from working the next day? Shops closed, coffee shops closed, mini marts closed etc etc. I am sure Ramadan is not an excuse for people not to work. Like I said in Gorf the small shops just needed a phone call or a knock on the door and they would let you in to buy provisions. There was never anyone there at most shops in Gezera, only when we were sleeping through the night. Would you say that by partying until 3 and 4am was not pig ignorant too Newc? Keeping people awake, would you consider lorries making deliveries of building equipment at 2am not pig ignorant, or builders banging about until 5am not pig ignorant, or even people that have sold top soil who get the earth movers in working through the night not pig ignorant. No sorry but please do not accuse people of pig ignorance when they have their hours of sleep destroyed during sometime of every week. These things have nothing to do with the Muslim faith. If you have to put up with it then all it takes is an Amplifier, and a laptop with Ritchie Blackmore, Aerosmith or John Bon Jovi blasting from the roof tops, to get even. I remember they were building a villa near us and they were cutting and throwing steel work all over the place, I asked them at 11pm how long it would take they said 1 hour at 5am they were still at it. Again is that being pig ignorant of the Muslim faith. There were many times we crossed the River and booked into a Hotel to get some sleep without saying a word to anyone, but we were not night owls being led along by S----E music and people that did not consider others. Is that again pig ignorant of the Muslim faith or just doing the right thing. If you all give in to others religious beliefs then you will get no where. I suppose the woman that have thought they were married (Orfi) will say the same or the women that have been fleeced by love hungry men, etc etc you can go on and on but there is a line, and once the line is crossed there is no gong back. Where we live now its like peaceful and quiet and the locals consider others, most parties end at 11pm and if they are going longer the organisers let it be known to the nearby houses. Why? because they do not like Pig Ignorance. But those of you that have lived in Luxor many years will not know what pig ignorance is, because its rubbed off on yourselves.
Now that's more like the real MT!! :))) :))) :)))
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:If people push their religion on to me they will get a backlash, the folk in Gorf never did. They accepted we were not Muslims and that was that, when it came to our religious belief's never the twain met. I am not against Muslims at all, but when it comes to religion stopping you from working its a bit rich. I remember reading on here once that at a certain hospital 50% of the Doctors that had signed on were not on campus. That to me is a bit rich, so is being so weak you cannot get up for work, its not and excuse! and to me again a bit rich. Why does not eating during the day stop you from working the next day? Shops closed, coffee shops closed, mini marts closed etc etc. I am sure Ramadan is not an excuse for people not to work. Like I said in Gorf the small shops just needed a phone call or a knock on the door and they would let you in to buy provisions. There was never anyone there at most shops in Gezera, only when we were sleeping through the night. Would you say that by partying until 3 and 4am was not pig ignorant too Newc? Keeping people awake, would you consider lorries making deliveries of building equipment at 2am not pig ignorant, or builders banging about until 5am not pig ignorant, or even people that have sold top soil who get the earth movers in working through the night not pig ignorant. No sorry but please do not accuse people of pig ignorance when they have their hours of sleep destroyed during sometime of every week. These things have nothing to do with the Muslim faith. If you have to put up with it then all it takes is an Amplifier, and a laptop with Ritchie Blackmore, Aerosmith or John Bon Jovi blasting from the roof tops, to get even. I remember they were building a villa near us and they were cutting and throwing steel work all over the place, I asked them at 11pm how long it would take they said 1 hour at 5am they were still at it. Again is that being pig ignorant of the Muslim faith. There were many times we crossed the River and booked into a Hotel to get some sleep without saying a word to anyone, but we were not night owls being led along by S----E music and people that did not consider others. Is that again pig ignorant of the Muslim faith or just doing the right thing. If you all give in to others religious beliefs then you will get no where. I suppose the woman that have thought they were married (Orfi) will say the same or the women that have been fleeced by love hungry men, etc etc you can go on and on but there is a line, and once the line is crossed there is no gong back. Where we live now its like peaceful and quiet and the locals consider others, most parties end at 11pm and if they are going longer the organisers let it be known to the nearby houses. Why? because they do not like Pig Ignorance. But those of you that have lived in Luxor many years will not know what pig ignorance is, because its rubbed off on yourselves.
Hmm... a lot of 'pig ignorant' comments bandied about in that rant. As a reader that struggled through it all, the only thing that struck me as 'pig ignorant' was the behaviour as described ' If you have to put up with it then all it takes is an Amplifier, and a laptop with Ritchie Blackmore, Aerosmith or John Bon Jovi blasting from the roof tops, to get even. ' Pig ignorant and childish actually!
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Perhaps he should remember to breath, take a break, paragragraphes, comma's new sentence,
remember! 'A Copper's life is not a happy one!........ 8)
phpBB [video]
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I have no need to be pig ignorant now, because consideration to others is the order of the day where we live. Plus the ex pats in our village are mainly of the same age, we all get on together, and its well broadcasted before hand that a wedding party, or celebration will go on after 11pm, beyond 12pm you are at risk of a visit from the police and your equipment taken away. Most think that 12pm (Midnight) is a suitable time to end. We use a bar in Chloraka that has music on and they are limited to 11pm before they have to stop due to the fact the premises are in a built up area. Although I hated the late night binges in Luxor and the failure on many nights to get a good nights sleep, I suppose that due to the lack of entertainment they had to make their own, but it's ridiculous to think they could go on for as long as they wanted without respect to others. It was not just me in Gorf that did not like it there were plenty of others.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

If people push their religion on to me they will get a backlash,
MT What happens if Jehovas Witnesses com knocking on your door?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:
If people push their religion on to me they will get a backlash,
MT What happens if Jehovas Witnesses com knocking on your door?
As an ex-plod (with no knowledge of religions) . he'd probably take a statement, ask them what, if anything , they'd seen, what Jehovah was accused of and where the trial was to be held.

or....having given them a piece of his mind, wave them off.....empty-handed.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Is the news feed correct that next week Luxor Airport will have its busiest time since the Revolution? When ex pats and alike flee the Country for a month...... I noticed that last week many did not get much sleep due to the parties and the lethargic attitude to work by many.
I keep meaning to ask....what newsfeed are you referring to?
-Aldous Huxley
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Remember this simple fact MT - respect is earned.
Smile! It confuses people
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Mad Dilys wrote:Remember this simple fact MT - respect is earned.
Some folk are quite happy to work without reward if they enjoy what they do. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:I have no need to be pig ignorant now, because consideration to others is the order of the day where we live. Plus the ex pats in our village are mainly of the same age, we all get on together, and its well broadcasted before hand that a wedding party, or celebration will go on after 11pm, beyond 12pm you are at risk of a visit from the police and your equipment taken away. Most think that 12pm (Midnight) is a suitable time to end. We use a bar in Chloraka that has music on and they are limited to 11pm before they have to stop due to the fact the premises are in a built up area. Although I hated the late night binges in Luxor and the failure on many nights to get a good nights sleep, I suppose that due to the lack of entertainment they had to make their own, but it's ridiculous to think they could go on for as long as they wanted without respect to others. It was not just me in Gorf that did not like it there were plenty of others.
Hmm... you may not have the need, but... :a14:

Making one's own entertainment does not necessarily mean that there is a 'lack of entertainment'. Many people are quite happy to make their own entertainment, whatever form that might take. It may be because of economics, but is often a cultural or personal upbringing thing. Just because someone else's entertainment isn't to your taste does not make it wrong. Perhaps you'd of preferred it if 'your villagers' had got in some has been tribute bands so that you could bop the night away whether you were invited or not.
-Aldous Huxley
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Major Thom wrote:I have no need to be pig ignorant now, because consideration to others is the order of the day where we live. Plus the ex pats in our village are mainly of the same age, we all get on together, and its well broadcasted before hand that a wedding party, or celebration will go on after 11pm, beyond 12pm you are at risk of a visit from the police and your equipment taken away. Most think that 12pm (Midnight) is a suitable time to end. We use a bar in Chloraka that has music on and they are limited to 11pm before they have to stop due to the fact the premises are in a built up area. Although I hated the late night binges in Luxor and the failure on many nights to get a good nights sleep, I suppose that due to the lack of entertainment they had to make their own, but it's ridiculous to think they could go on for as long as they wanted without respect to others. It was not just me in Gorf that did not like it there were plenty of others.
Hmm... you may not have the need, but... :a14:

Making one's own entertainment does not necessarily mean that there is a 'lack of entertainment'. Many people are quite happy to make their own entertainment, whatever form that might take. It may be because of economics, but is often a cultural or personal upbringing thing. Just because someone else's entertainment isn't to your taste does not make it wrong. Perhaps you'd of preferred it if 'your villagers' had got in some has been tribute bands so that you could bop the night away whether you were invited or not.

:))) :))) :))) :))) :)))
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I tell all JW's I am Catholic, a trick told to me when I was young, they soon stop the rambling on. Sorry folk I am not religious and therefore not responsible for 99% of wars and turmoil around the World