E-visas

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

E-visas

Post by newcastle »

A word of warning concerning the evisas available from the government sponsored site http://www.visa2egypt.gov.eg

It offers the usual 30 day visa and a 6 month, multiple re-entry visa.

From the portal enquiry line:

The portal supports two types of visas, first type is the "Single entry visa" and it costs 25$ valid for 3 months from the issuing date and you can stay for 30 days from your arrival date, the second type is "Multiple entries visa" and it costs 60$ valid for 3 months from the issuing date and you can stay for 6 months with unlimited number of entries.

When asked specifically whether the 6 month evisa entitled anyone to stay continuously within that period, even for a whole 6 months, their written answer was "YES".

From a UK applicant who asked for clarification on this matter in February 2018 :

if you apply for a multiple entry Evisa from the uk it allows 6 months stay in egypt: here is the answer from them:
Thank you for contacting E-Visa, Regarding your inquiry; In case multiple entries Visa, Yes, you can spend all the six months as one part.

It now appears this advice was incorrect and stays are limited to 30 days!

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: E-visas

Post by Major Thom »

Confusion reigns once again, and so does the left and right hand rule!! :lol: :lol:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I thought this news would cheer you up MT :lol:

I think the difference between you, and the rest of the world, is that we are are not particularly surprised by the oddities of life here, or feel the need to shriek with alarm and faux disgust - but then gloat - every time something goes wrong.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Correct. I've found this out to my cost. It's only valid for THREE months, not six. To be honest I applied for a multi entry visa so I could come out again in April/May and also July. But I now find it expires on the day I arrive in July. $60 down the drain.

As I'm staying 6 weeks I'll apply for a new one by post on a written application at the beginning of next month.

Nightmare :evil: :evil: :evil:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:
Correct. I've found this out to my cost. It's only valid for THREE months, not six. To be honest I applied for a multi entry visa so I could come out again in April/May and also July. But I now find it expires on the day I arrive in July. $60 down the drain.

As I'm staying 6 weeks I'll apply for a new one by post on a written application at the beginning of next month.

Nightmare :evil: :evil: :evil:
Not quite right Crewmeal.

The multi-entry e-visa is valid for 6 months....but each stay is limited to 30 daya.

The 6 months starts from the day you first enter Egypt.

You may nave been confused by the fact that the the e-visa has to be first used within 3 months from the date they issue it.

Per the latest info from visa2egypt :

"note that the visa for both types are valid for 3 months, and you can enter Egypt within those 3 months from the issuing date, and according to each visa entry type your stay in Egypt will be determined. For more clarification, in the “Single entry visa” you can stay for 30 days calculated from your date of arrival for one time only, and in the “Multiple entries visa” you can use it for 6 months calculated from the date of your first arrival with unlimited number of entries, considering that the staying period per each visit shouldn't exceed 30 days.
"

You should be able to use your e-visa in July (at least for a 30 day stay)...and 6 weeks May be ok if they apply the 14 day grace period. They do in Hurghada...but Luxor is a law unto itself.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

May be ok if they apply the 14 day grace period.
That's the worrying factor. I don't want to get stressed out worrying maybe they will may be they won't situation, so I'll still apply separately for a written visa at the beginning of July.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:
May be ok if they apply the 14 day grace period.
That's the worrying factor. I don't want to get stressed out worrying maybe they will may be they won't situation, so I'll still apply separately for a written visa at the beginning of July.
Presumably you mean you'll enter Egypt in July on your e-visa and then apply at the Luxor visa office, some time during your stay, for an extension of the 30 days your visa gives you.

I assume you're under 60 otherwise you wouldn't be concerned about overstaying by a few days.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

If that is the case Newc. Is there a reason why everything they do there is topsy turvy, and it does seem its impossible to get things correct the first time of trying. It may be because they do not think things through in the first place or they have the wrong people doing the jobs they are meant to be doing. :lol: :lol: