Aren't our policemen wonderful!

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Aren't our policemen wonderful!

Post by newcastle »

Some Ramadan series are being admonished for portraying Egypt's police in a less than favourable light.

The Drama Committee at the Supreme Council for Media Regulation on Thursday prepared a report listing violations from this year’s Ramadan drama shows.

The committee said that it has observed violations for its standards within the shows and reported them to presidents of channels, who must ensure that these shows uphold the moral and behavioral values of Egyptian society.

It added that two particular shows, ‘Kalabsh’ (Lock) and ‘Nesr al-Saed’ (Eagle of Upper Egypt) contain portrayals of law-breaking, excessive violence and inaccurately represents police officers.

“The two protagonists of Kalabsh and Nesr al-Saed are police officers. We found a breach to all positives of this respectable profession; instead of showing the noble moral qualities of police officers, we found that the two protagonists take their rights without resorting to the law and its monitoring bodies such as proper prosecution, instead opting to use excessive violence against who they deal with, directly violating human rights,” the report clarified.

The report asserted that this issue is more severe than using swear words or poor writing.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/kalabsh ... a-council/

We found a breach to all positives of this respectable profession; instead of showing the noble moral qualities of police officers,
No comment! :a35:

Instead of wasting his time trying to inculcate Luxor motorcyclists with basic road safety techniques, ex-khanzeer MT should have offered his immense experience and knowledge to the local constabulary with courses on "Policing the Community" :lol:

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Aren't our policemen wonderful!

Post by DJKeefy »

Anyone who has ever lived in Egypt knows people in authority are the worse ones at breaking the rules/law :|

Here's one from yesterday, where they are praising a police officer on a police motorbike for rushing a girl to school who was crying due to being late for an exam :roll:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

They unfortunately would not understand Moriarties Police Laws, or Statute and Common Law and the things that are common to the Theft Act.

For instance if you enter a building illegally and rape a woman therein would you believe it is covered in the theft act! but because of the Sex Offences Act that came in later and carries a greater sentence, the rape under the theft act is no longer used.

What about an utility car, would they know how many rear view mirrors are required?

they have no guidance books to cover the laws for police, so therefore brutality is the only thing in their minds.

Why don't they have collar numbers, its ok saying (At a Governors meeting) they know where every policeman is, but what about the public that need to report offenders?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: "noble moral qualities of police officers, and I have found this in most Police forces
that I have encountered in many Countries. "Kind, Courteous and Considerate. To the 8th degree.... 8)
Ps: I remember once 'accidentally being hit (a few times) with a 'swagger stick by a Chief Superintendent for the attempted
theft of a cigarette lorry in Bermondsey, as if ? I was 15... 8)
"Love the Police" be anarchy without them........
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Some Ramadan series are being admonished for portraying Egypt's police in a less than favourable light.

The Drama Committee at the Supreme Council for Media Regulation on Thursday prepared a report listing violations from this year’s Ramadan drama shows.

The committee said that it has observed violations for its standards within the shows and reported them to presidents of channels, who must ensure that these shows uphold the moral and behavioral values of Egyptian society.

It added that two particular shows, ‘Kalabsh’ (Lock) and ‘Nesr al-Saed’ (Eagle of Upper Egypt) contain portrayals of law-breaking, excessive violence and inaccurately represents police officers.

“The two protagonists of Kalabsh and Nesr al-Saed are police officers. We found a breach to all positives of this respectable profession; instead of showing the noble moral qualities of police officers, we found that the two protagonists take their rights without resorting to the law and its monitoring bodies such as proper prosecution, instead opting to use excessive violence against who they deal with, directly violating human rights,” the report clarified.

[The report asserted that this issue is more severe than using swear words or poor writing.]

http://www.egyptindependent.com/kalabsh ... a-council/

We found a breach to all positives of this respectable profession; instead of showing the noble moral qualities of police officers,
No comment! :a35:

Instead of wasting his time trying to inculcate Luxor motorcyclists with basic road safety techniques, ex-khanzeer MT should have offered his immense experience and knowledge to the local constabulary with courses on "Policing the Community" :lol:

That's MT well and tryly f***** then. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Newcastle interesting.

As you recall the police were a big 'issue' in 2011. It was difficult to read but the anger against the police was, at that time, only slightly less than the anger against Mubarak.

The Pew surveys a year or two later showed unbelievable and widespread contempt against the police.

Even Sisi referred to the police 3 years ago in a NY interview as a 'million man mafia'.

Nevertheless I have no information that the present government has done a single thing to fundamentally reform an institution whom it is obvious lacks public trust/support and probably doesn't do a barely acceptable job. The same could be said about the lack of reform in a dozen other public institutions that opinion surveys (now prohibited) say the same thing of.

Failure to reform doesn't seem a sensible way of trying to hold onto power. If you don't reform you invite the risk revolution and spend lots of money/loose credibility in suppressing the reformers.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Hafiz wrote:Newcastle interesting.

As you recall the police were a big 'issue' in 2011. It was difficult to read but the anger against the police was, at that time, only slightly less than the anger against Mubarak.

The Pew surveys a year or two later showed unbelievable and widespread contempt against the police.

Even Sisi referred to the police 3 years ago in a NY interview as a 'million man mafia'.

Nevertheless I have no information that the present government has done a single thing to fundamentally reform an institution whom it is obvious lacks public trust/support and probably doesn't do a barely acceptable job. The same could be said about the lack of reform in a dozen other public institutions that opinion surveys (now prohibited) say the same thing of.

Failure to reform doesn't seem a sensible way of trying to hold onto power. If you don't reform you invite the risk revolution and spend lots of money/loose credibility in suppressing the reformers.
It does seem that the police, who regularly helped old ladies across the road, took tearful girls (late for exams) to school on their motorbikes and rescued kittens from unruly youths have reverted to their pre-revolutionary habits.

Not that I'm one to criticise their behaviour. Oh no...not me.

I'll leave that to braver folks with a taste for being incarcerated.

Libel & slander are criminal offences in Egypt and, unlike most jurisdictions, the fact that there may be some truth in any allegation is no defence :ct