Trump lectures Nato members

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Trump lectures Nato members

Post by Horus »

It was a treat to watch all of these EU leaders shuffling their feet as President Trump lectured them for not paying their fair share to NATO for their own national defence, the whole class standing uneasily as the teacher gave them a good telling off. In the accompanying video (after the annoying advert) Mad Merkel in particular looks like a school girl who has just been chastised for not handing in her homework on time.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-meet-an ... itics.html

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Trump lectures Nato members

Post by Zooropa »

Europe is a basket case, i wish we could slip anchor and.....
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Horus wrote: Mad Merkel in particular looks like a school girl who has just been chastised for not handing in her homework on time.
I think it's a little more serious than that, she has not been handing in here home work on N.A.T.O. for as long as she and all previous Chancellors of Germany have been in their jobs. Germany, the richest nation in Europe has consistently only paid half of its payments to the protection policy.

I would suspect that President Trump, being the business man that he is, has told Merkel and the rest to pay up, and further more it will be back dated,.......Oh and yes, you will be buying a substantial amount of your new arms from the U.S., and he don't give a damn what Junka Says about E.U. rules,.........all to be washed down with a bottle of Blue Nun. ( dreadful stuff ). :wi :py

Incidentally, early last year N.A.T.O. inspectors carried out what is known as 'battle combat readiness' on Germany's armed force, it was discovered 50% of all armament were unable to enter 'the field of battle'.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree and for the second time today I derived pleasure from seeing them squirm. First of all when Donald gave them a lecture on their NATO contributions and did you also see our good friend Donald Tusk making his remarks to the effect that Europe needed professional negotiators and not diplomats and officials mouthing off. This clearly irked the old drunkard Junkers standing next to him who made some sort of unintelligible reply no doubt in an attempt to justify his own recent meddling. I wonder how long it will be before the rest of the EU start to realise that this self important clown is not speaking for them or their interests with his threats and attitude towards the UK?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well, it's not often that you and I agree on here Horus, but having carefully studied the body language of all those that attended the N.A.T.O. bash, it is evidently clear that the Europeans will have to pay out a vast amount of money, very quickly to keep the protection policy in tact.

Quite honestly, I do not think this will happen, while Trump is still in power, it is my belief that the E,U will need to create its own European army, thankfully the U.K. will not be part of it,.......where a certain Mr tusk or his side kick will be demanding any member of my family to fight in some God forsaken place in Eastern Europe. One should always remember that the recent referendum was not so much about what the E.U. is today, but what it will become tomorrow. Similar effect with those who voted for the Common Market, did they think for one moment it would become the federal EU.

America's future is not in Europe, it is the South China Sea and the Pacific, as I have previously written on here. Anyone in Australia who study politics, already know this to be so. I expect within the next five years China will invade and take back Taiwan, and no matter who is president of the U.S., they will not lift one finger against such action, as for Japan, I see that as a spent force.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

A lot of what you are saying especially with regards to China is very likely to happen, they are already extending their reach with artificial islands. As for the EU and its army, well they had better get their act together as after Brexit I hope we are looking after our own interests and not everyone else’s, far too many British lives have been lost in the past in protecting some European countries, a fact that seems to have been lost by some who would now wish to see our country broken and on its knees and history often repeats itself.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

A-Four wrote:
Horus wrote: Mad Merkel in particular looks like a school girl who has just been chastised for not handing in her homework on time.
I think it's a little more serious than that, she has not been handing in here home work on N.A.T.O. for as long as she and all previous Chancellors of Germany have been in their jobs. Germany, the richest nation in Europe has consistently only paid half of its payments to the protection policy.

I would suspect that President Trump, being the business man that he is, has told Merkel and the rest to pay up, and further more it will be back dated,.......Oh and yes, you will be buying a substantial amount of your new arms from the U.S., and he don't give a damn what Junka Says about E.U. rules,.........all to be washed down with a bottle of Blue Nun. ( dreadful stuff ). :wi :py

Incidentally, early last year N.A.T.O. inspectors carried out what is known as 'battle combat readiness' on Germany's armed force, it was discovered 50% of all armament were unable to enter 'the field of battle'.
It not very often that I agree with President Donald Trump, but believe me we are in for some fun, games and huge fireworks at this week-end meeting at N.A.T.O. Headquarters, all the comedians will be there, but Trump WILL read the riot act.

There will be no more evasion of the 2% GDP requirement from the likes of Germany, this may be the start of what could become the so called European (only) Army, and for certain Trump will make that point very clear. I believe Merkel will offer an immediate increase to 2%, though I believe Trump will insist it be back dated many years. It has been suggested in the German press that it already pays more than the agreed price, though this has already been dismissed.

The U.K. Media have remained silent, it's contribution has always been on the 2% mark, though it has threatened to reduce this, believing I suppose, it is better placed on the world stage with the U.S.,..........Result being two new aircraft carriers.

With regards Merkel, how the mighty fall. When she opened the doors of Germany to the refugees of Syria, she expected getting only those that could get on an aeroplane, such as doctors, nurses, and other professionals that are now so desperately need in that country. Never did she expect that every able being would WALK across Europe to claim the highly beneficial social security payments available there,...........but then again, let us not for get that she, Angela Merkel was once a 'refugee'.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It seems the action has already begun, we learn from the latest press release that Trump has today sent out letters to the leaders of certain nations who are not pulling their financial weight within the alliance. In other words he is already setting out his position, long before the meeting begins. This is a classic move to prevent certain leaders from fudging the main event, that has been the case for many a year.

For those that have little interest in politics, I promise the coming week will be hysterical, just to see the expressions on the faces of European leaders each time they are TRUMPED by Trump. After the N.A.T.O. bash, Trump comes direct to the U.K., for a three day visit, I understand he is avoiding London at all cost. Trump then clears off to Helsinki for a one day only chat with Putin, senior members of Merkel's fragmented government, are quite furious about the whole situation, and are saying as much in the German press.

All this, and Brexit too,.......what fun......... :wi :py :py :py.