EGYPT ANNOUNCES PLANS TO DEVELOP AND UPGRADE SEVERAL AREAS I

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

EGYPT ANNOUNCES PLANS TO DEVELOP AND UPGRADE SEVERAL AREAS I

Post by Winged Isis »

EGYPT ANNOUNCES PLANS TO DEVELOP AND UPGRADE SEVERAL AREAS IN SINAI.

CAIROSCENE TEAM

03/01/2019 12:47

Egypt's Minister of Environment, Yasmin Fouad, has announced plans to develop natural reserves and protectorates in Sinai and the Red Sea as one of the main objectives of the Egypt 2030 Sustainable Development Strategy, according to Egypt Independent.

Specifications for investment portfolios for several reserves have been prepared and will be put up for public bidding.

Fouad also revealed that a management plan for Sinai's Nabq area had been drafted, as well as an architectural plan for the village of Gharqana Village within Nabq, which is said to be environmentally, socially and culturally compatible. Meanwhile, roads around St. Catherine and the surroundings of Mount Sinai is also set to be developed, while structural design and visitor services at Blue Hole in Ras Abu Galoum are also set to be upgraded.

Other areas around Egypt set to be surveyed with a view to implementing development include Tawal, Topia al-Baidaa, and Om a-Sheikh in the Red Sea, as well as Wadi Al Gamal, Wadi Degla, Qarun and Wadi Al Rayan.

Carpe diem! :le:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPT ANNOUNCES PLANS TO DEVELOP AND UPGRADE SEVERAL ARE

Post by carrie »

Pity they cant find the money for a bridge over the avenue of the Sphinx.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

What money Egypt has, is being spent on the populous areas, and maybe some may say the rich areas while the other areas are pushed further into poverty.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Now I always thought that Luxor was a populous area. :o
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:Pity they cant find the money for a bridge over the avenue of the Sphinx.
I can only comment on the ideas of the past. The local council some eight years ago requested or should I say required a foot bridge, and to be built in a Venice style. However being that central government were to pay for it, the question was put, Why would locals require a direct entry into the new Open Air Museum, when so few of the Luxor people had ever visited either Luxor Temple or Karnack, or for that matter would any one be prepared to pay the extortionate prices for either gower, shi or for that matter even coca-cola.

With regards what we on this forum know as the real Luxor, will be little known to future tourism in its modern sense, in the same way that Kom Ombo town has been so, for over the past 30 years.

The rich tourists will stay at the Winter Palace, as in the past, and the real traveller who will be well read before arriving will stay in hotels on the West Bank, again, as in the past.