Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:I am sure that there were some other objects of Tuts in the Luxor museum, a bed, some arrows and spears to name a few. As to the Hathor head, it was always one of my favourites, I must have missed the secret, the only odd thing to me was the black paint dripping all over the guilding of the ears, obviously a rush job of a tomb filler.
Correct. (There’s also one of Tutankhamun’s chariots)

According to Al Ahram Luxor museum housed 122 items from the Tutankhamun collection, all of which were transferred to the GEM at Giza last April.

A bit sad really. One of Hawass’ arguments for the repatriation of Egyptian artifacts held around the world is so that they can be seen and appreciated by Egyptians. They’ll have a long treck from Luxor.

I’ve just watched a programme covering the return of the mummy of Ramesses I to Luxor museum. Quite a hullabaloo......but touching in a strange way.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I watched the third program in this series of four, I found it very sad to discover a person who I have always had the greatest respect for, being Dr Don Ryan, being 'used' to promote tourism in Egypt. I have known this man for a very long time, never would he ever allow himself to be used.

Dr Ryan knows only too well that the ring of Ram III he found in the tomb he mentioned was used even in ancient times to re- bandage the bodies of the various Pharaohs when these had become worn. It is important to remember that throughout 18 to 20th Dynasty the Kings tombs were only protected by wooden doors, they were homes of a spirit of each dead pharaoh.

It is quite understandable that a ring of Ram III might be lost while restoration was carried out on his mummified body, but I am very surprised that Ryan of all people has lowered himself to this level simply to encourage tourism or what ever, and I will certainly put that question to him when I am in Egypt later this year.

We are then told that a certain archeologist was granted only three week in the past year to continue his work on a tomb of a noble on the West Bank, for goodness sake anyone who has any experience in such a field of work knows it takes a week alone to gather up your work team.

I understand the final program in this series follow two crazy people, both so called doctors, of what I can only imagine, both dressed like a couple of characters out of a Agatha Christie book set in the 1920's., to me they both look stoned out of their box.

STOP PRESS. - Apparently, although not picked up on the usual paste-and-post members of this forum, a friend in New York informs me that the Discovery Channel on Sunday evening broadcast a live program of the opening of a sarcophagus and then coffin of an Egyptian ancient noble, but the central character,.......one........Mr Zawi Awass., .........how bad can things get, how low can this man fall ?
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

@A-Four it was all over the news last week about the live opening on the Discovery Channel
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Many thanks Keefy,.....still spending a lot of time away from news items.