Juma...

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Juma...

Post by Who2 »

Rudely awaken 'by a ringing in my head at 8.am, staggered around only to find it was Ahmed 'bamboo maker,
I forgot being up at all hours. He's come to measure up all that was lost in my last fire.
Aida was in her yard playing with water like a child, told her not to swallow, as it's very 'harram.lol

Any how, Juma is wash day for both of us,
for me this week it is rugs usually takes about two days doing them all.
at least tonight it's Question Time and for my 'repas du soir,....
the very last of my Fray Bentos steak & kidney pies and only £1.99.
I mean, "Who doesn't like a Fray Bentos steak & kidney pie and at only £1.99 ? plus;
twice cooked jerk dusted roast tatties and.... another red wine reduction..oh! & carrots..
Anyhow tata, it's back to the 'mackwa / 'raseal and a cold beer..'be lucky &..'Ramadan Kareem
5 day's to go.... 8)

Tonights movie ? Hopefully a good Mike Leigh film 'Peterloo.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4614612/?r ... f_=nv_sr_1

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Juma...

Post by John Landon »

Oh how I love those Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies... Love the pastry, love the filling... :eat

what is there not to like ?

Not only that, but you get to eat the whole pie !

Served with mash infused with coarse ground mustard and a splash of Oxo gravy and some processed peas... 8)

damn, just made myself hungry... Will have to go to the pound bakery ahaead of schedule... :D
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

@Who2 Is Egypt a day ahead of the Uk :)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

You Lost me but QT's on soon....but just opened a note from our or Her Maj's Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
'Freaked me right out, I can tell you, I was going shopping tomorrow being Saturday.
Anyhow things are going tits-up here there's no question time and their singing hallelujah sh*t weird or what ?
If I had a pub here I would be off down it back to the film ffs..what's the world coming to...I'm f*cking ascending with some sh*t vocalists.jeez save me...... 8)
Ps: Radio 4's gone to the dogs....it's Friday FFS....

Dear George we and Ms Queen wish to let you know:....
The Governorate of North Sinai due to the significant increase in criminal activity and continued terrorist attacks on police and security forces that have resulted in deaths
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

the Governorate of South Sinai, with the exception of the area within the Sharm el Sheikh perimeter barrier, which includes the airport and the areas of Sharm el Maya, Hadaba, Naama Bay, Sharks Bay and Nabq; however, we advise against all but essential travel by air to or from Sharm el Sheikh;

the area west of the Nile Valley and Nile Delta regions, excluding the coastal areas between the Nile Delta and Marsa Matruh (as shown on the map).

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Egypt. You should be vigilant at all times and follow the advice of the Egyptian authorities and your travel company, if you have one. There have been threats to western nationals, institutions and businesses posted on websites and social media. The main threat to foreigners is from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai. There is a heightened threat of terrorist attacks targeting Coptic Christians from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai in Egypt. See Terrorism

You should avoid crowded places and gatherings, including in or around religious sites and during religious festivals, such as the month of Ramadan and the Christmas period (including Coptic Christmas), when terrorist groups have sometimes called for attacks. Take extra care over local holiday weekends, as some terrorist attacks have occurred during these times. You can find a list of local holidays on the website of the British Embassy in Cairo.

Around 319,000 British nationals visited Egypt in 2017. Most visits are trouble free.

There’s a heightened risk of terrorism against aviation. Additional security measures have been in place for flights departing from Egypt to the UK since March 2017. You should co-operate fully with security officials. Restrictions on carrying large electronic devices in the aircraft cabin on flights departing from Egypt to the UK have now been lifted. For more information and advice about what items you can take into the cabin on your flight from Egypt to the UK, contact your airline or travel company.

As a precautionary measure, we advise against all but essential travel by air to or from Sharm el Sheikh. On 31 October 2015, a flight from Sharm el Sheikh to St Petersburg crashed in North Sinai. The advice against all but essential travel applies only to air travel to and from Sharm el Sheikh; it does not apply to the resort itself. The UK government will continue working with the Egyptian authorities to enable regular flights between the UK and Sharm el Sheikh to resume. We are also liaising with travel companies so that they are able to resume flights and holidays in Sharm el Sheikh as soon as appropriate security arrangements are in place.

The Egyptian authorities have announced the suspension of diplomatic relations with Qatar. All air and sea points of entry between Egypt and Qatar have been closed. If you have a query relating to your travel plans you should contact your airline or tour operator.

To contact the emergency services call 122 (police), 123 (ambulance) or 180 (fire). If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission. Consular support is severely limited in parts of Egypt where we advise against all travel and limited where we advise against all but essential travel.
Passnditions Rhestr o Wasanaethau Cymraeg Built by the Government Digital Service
Open Government Licence
All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Jesus Saves..... "Iv'e just got the point ! Ilumination!!! duh.. it's ruddy Thursday not Friday 30 May 21:26 on my computer.
I have a great sense of my iminent dementia setting in medical terms
(I really couldn't give a donkey's toss what day or month it is)

But now the clouds have drifted pasteurised..... 'I can see clearly now!
It all started with last Tuesday's drinking session with my two alcoholic publican pals.

So that's really great news "Tomorrow is a Brand New Day'....'by my mate bling:

Perhaps tomorrow I'll do the washing....or play hide & seek.....'be lucky.... 8)
Ps: Did you get the pun ? washing ? Day Ultra ? He's got quite a sense of humour...
Sophocles.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Who2 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:18 amWho doesn't like a Fray Bentos steak & kidney pie
There's only one thing better than a Fray Bentos pie, and that's a Fray Bentos Deep Fill pie...
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Or two Fray Bentos Deep Fill pies. :up