Powdered Egg & Ramadan..

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Powdered Egg & Ramadan..

Post by Who2 »

It's 1.30 am and it's noisy, kids love Ramadan they can eat and drink sugary drinks all day
because they don't have to observe it, Then they can stay up all night with all the grown-ups having fun.
Who tell them to finally bu**er off and leave them in peace.
Which basically gives them free range.
Ramadan is 'kool for kids... 8)

Anyhow it's back to law & order and another beer,to watch coppers chasing coppers 'You couldn't make it up....
'Well of course you could....coppers are good at that...'Love the Police..."be Anarchy without them!

Ps: Cockney rhyming slang: "being verballed or the verballes or verballed up "You figure it out !

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Powdered Egg & Ramadan..

Post by Dusak »

At least this year there has been a decline in the begging bell ringers, only had three all month. There has been a near total absence of pipe bombs as well, again only three all month. Usually the kids outside destroy my sleep pattern with their constant high pitched screams and shouts, but again relatively quiet. But one major annoyance is the return of the 2am drums, absent for six years, now returned with a vengeance. I never did like drums, could never understand what they were banging on about.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Last year I spent Ramadan in Turkey, I would never have known that is was Ramadan, everywhere open people out and about during the day, smoking eating all quite normal. One day Yildez and I were sitting in a restaurant when this woman came in, she was dressed like something out of the Arabian Nights. Long, orange, flowing, sheer dress, curly toed gold shoes. Quite exotic.
She had a van and went round Datca at night waking everyone up with her loudspeakers and drums, calling out that it was time to get up and eat the last meal before the fast of the day began. She wasn't very popular. I think people gave her money to go away and bother another area.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

She's been at it again this year Carrie! And apparently it's now illegal; the law was brought in a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure how she's getting away with it. Wakes me up regularly at 2.15ish :xx :xx
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Up with the 'crack of sparrows, 'hardly yardly....

So, an ice cold Meister and a dip in the 22oC plunge pool (with bubbles) ready for the day
and the 1.o'clock news.
Liverpool won then ! football I imagine, they all love watching Mo Salah here in Egypt.... 8)
Ps: Looks like there's going to be a few more referendums (peoples vote) 'yeh right!
until the remainers get their way.
Bit like when they made the Irish vote a few times....
"That's The Island that is Ireland, 'only the "Oirish could come up with that one!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.