Great Dual Sim Mobile phone. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Great Dual Sim Mobile phone. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Post by John Landon »

These Modern day Luddites are saying that mobile 5G is going to kill us, just like the bloody "chemtrails"
At what point do they not realise that "They" who are trying to kill us" live on the same planet. Durrr.... :td

Imagine if the Luddites had thier way through the ages, ? we would all be either dead by now, or grovelling about in muddy communes on the edge of the forest wearing animal skins and smelling like dead sewer rats.

Most of my passions involve cars and transport, computers and related technology. Many unimaginable things have happened in my time here on planet earth. I loved the good old 60's and 70's and have many fond memeries of that time, but I love this modern age so much more and embace all it has to offer. Cant wait to see how the next 20 years pans out..

Life is Good... 8)

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

John Landon wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 am These Modern day Luddites are saying that mobile 5G is going to kill us, just like the bloody "chemtrails"
At what point do they not realise that "They" who are trying to kill us" live on the same planet. Durrr.... :td

Imagine if the Luddites had thier way through the ages, ? we would all be either dead by now, or grovelling about in muddy communes on the edge of the forest wearing animal skins and smelling like dead sewer rats.

Most of my passions involve cars and transport, computers and related technology. Many unimaginable things have happened in my time here on planet earth. I loved the good old 60's and 70's and have many fond memeries of that time, but I love this modern age so much more and embace all it has to offer. Cant wait to see how the next 20 years pans out..

Life is Good... 8)
Yes John....all very well.

But it really puzzles me that you think the return of the Atlanteans would make life even better !!

Just saying... :a80:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

No Atlanteans or little green men in spaceships gonna sort this all out.
If I was an Alien, I woudl steer well clear of this place.. 8)

So much to choose from here, so you have to choose wisely in what you subscribe to.

Its up to the individual to make life better. What you put out is what you get back.. Simples.. :up
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Ps: It's only 'scientific bullsh*t! for the masses...eg consumers,,
Yeh, but the scientists know better.
Back to basics, why do X-Ray scanner technicians, hide behind a bloody good barrier ? 'duh!...ffs... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:29 pm
Back to basics, why do X-Ray scanner technicians, hide behind a bloody good barrier ? 'duh!...ffs... 8)
For the simple reason that they are exposed to levels of radiation* the effect of which, accumulated over many years, would give them a significantly increased risk of cancer etc. (* unlike the very low levels or radiation associated with phones).

Duh....ffs.... :urm:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Well you can disperse the amount of radiation received in an XRay over a few weeks from your body, so that is unlikely to do any harm.

BUT, Radioligists may be taking several x rays a day and while not directly exposed, the back scatter of radiation in that room would eventually build up in thier bodies causing a high level of radiation to be absorbed over time. Probably not good.
it makes sense to shield yourself from that if that is your chosen career path. As I notice newcasted observed proir to me posting this.

Granite has a high level of radiation that is natuarally occuring, and has magnetic properties, something those Egyptians seemed to know about. And of course, Living in these arrid places, Solar radiation may well be an issue, That too is electromagnetic energy.
The Heart even generates a magnetic field as does your brain, though the hearts field is much stronger

In Cornwall, I belive that they have the highest level of radiation in the UK, even more so if you go down ito those old tin mines, as the radiation will be in the air and more concentrated, ( radon ) so you will be breathing that into your lungs.

Perhaps if we learned how to tap into all this electromagnetic energy around the world and channel it correctly we could use it for good.

We cannot live our lives worrying, all the worry in the world wont change a thing.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I wouldn’t say granite has a HIGH level of radiation, nor is it, itself, magnetic (although it may contain metallic ore impurities which give some magnetic reading).

I think it highly unlikely that the various sources of terrestrial electromagnetic energy could be economically tapped.

Solar energy is another matter entirely!

And, of course, if we could crack fusion as a source of energy, our energy issues would be solved for eternity. :ct
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I have always understood the tekinology [sic] from day one.
I just don't wish to play your games, thank you very much, an ex luddite!... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I wouldn’t describe myself as a Luddite.....but happily put my hand up to “ old and lazy “. :lol:

Whether I could master a Smart Phone....who knows. I’d like to think so.

But I’m unlikely to find out as I’ve no intention of spending £500 plus on a gizmo I’ve managed to live quite well without.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

They give them to you if you sign a contract.
I love watching Nick and his phone. For him it is always business,
plus he always seems to run out of battery power...But he has good manners when answering a call.
Usually leaving the pub, restaurant, party to hope it's Spielberg returning his call!...ffs

He violently pushes people out of the way if they suddenly stop on the pavement, in front of him..
They give him phones every few years or when he loses it, 'frequently or breaks it, 'frequently!

Personally if it's important then they know how to get hold of me.
And...it's a f***** impersonal interruption into my busy and quiet sort of existence,
oh! and they give me head pains!.. 8)
Ps: As my Dad said; "Your soft in the head lad!
Sophocles.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

What you have just said applies to any phone from a basic brick to a 'smart' phone when it comes to social behaviour, I have seen plenty of posers who pretend they have someone important on the line, I have even seen people pretending to talk to a dead phone whilst trying to impress other people around them, it happens all over. The majority however just keep the phone in their pocket and politely step away if they have to answer it in company, but as most people do not ‘have’ to answer it Immediately, (although some pretend that they do) they just set it on silent or vibrate when in company and then attend to the call later, but of course the none techies would not know that. As for getting a free phone, don’t make me laugh, if you get it with a contract then it ain’t free. Anyone with a brain can look up the price of any new phone and then compare it to the built in cost of having it on a contract, far cheaper to buy that phone unlocked and then to choose the service provider that suits you best. 8)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I wrote a fairly long post early yesterday morning in response to some comments. Goodness only knows what happened to it.

The short version is: I own two smart phones. Remarkable though their attributes are, ultimately I am smarter. I have control of the off button.

:a41:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

The one thing I've noticed travelling around Luxor is everyone seems to have a cracked screen on their smartphones. Haven't folk heard of screen protectors?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Well I love the technology and I am not afraid of all the stories I hear of this and that.
Life is subjective and I think its possible people can become victims of what they are told.

My mate who is a very seasoned traveller and been all around the world, including the village I used to live in when I was a nipper, is now in Chernobyl, and sent me this.. 8)
Chernobyl.jpg
He also started filming a big old rusty Ferris wheel in an amusement park and sent me the film.
"You wouldn't believe it he said", a few seconds into filming and it started to move. Spooky... :tk

Maybe nuclear power is the future ? we just have to learn from the mistakes instead of rejecting the idea.
Its been fine here in Wales, my guitar playing improved dramatically after I grew 6 fingers on each hand.. :cg
Then there must be a way of harnessing the electrictrickery the earth generates. I have a story about that that
but this is not the time..

So back to your mobiles, perhaps we need "Mobile Etiquette" for the masses.. Perhaps government could tax it or pass another law :D

Life eh ? as I said so much confusion, so much fear. They say the Bible is the greatest story ever told. No way, Life on earth is. the never ending self perpetuating story...

Dichotomy is the balancing point. which way are you gonna lean ?
:lv

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I agree entirely about Mobile Etiquette, how often do you see idiots talking loudly into their phones while walking around in supermarkets? or even worse at social gathering places like restaurants. The worst offenders of course are those prats who are walking about with their faces stuck in a phone screen oblivious to their surroundings.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I certainly agree about the phone-using walkers...and, amazingly, the drivers (despite the law).

I live in hope that the inexorable process of natural selection will see their numbers diminish over time. :ct
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I think you could solve the drivers using a phone while driving issue by offering the public a £50 reward for every photo they sent in to the police of someone seen driving in their car and using a phone which could identify the person and the vehicle. Of course that photo would have to be taken by a passenger in a car and not another driver although if you were to stand at any intersection, stop sign or roundabout in the UK any pedestrian could earn a few hundred quid a day with no problems at all. Some of the worst offenders are lorry drivers using their phones whilst driving and the police now have several lorries fitted out especially to go up alongside them on motorways and film them doing so.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Intriguing possibility Horus! :lol:

Could be a solution for the down and outs currently flogging the Big Issue.

Much more profitable.....and, at a stroke, removing another irritation . :)))
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

newcastle wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:20 pm Intriguing possibility Horus! :lol:

Could be a solution for the down and outs currently flogging the Big Issue.

Much more profitable.....and, at a stroke, removing another irritation . :)))
I have lots of clever schemes like that :up :lol: :lol: