An inconvenient judgement

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

An inconvenient judgement

Post by newcastle »

Boris Johnson's decision to suspend Parliament was unlawful, the Supreme Court has ruled.

Mr Johnson suspended - or prorogued - Parliament for five weeks earlier this month, but the court said it was wrong to stop MPs carrying out duties in the run-up to Brexit on 31 October.

Supreme Court president Lady Hale said "the effect on the fundamentals of democracy was extreme".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/worl ... rexit.html

Downing Street said it was "currently processing the verdict".

I bet they are! :lol:

An appeal to the European Court?......maybe not :)

I can confidently predict there will be the usual condemnation of biased, out- of-touch judiciary by Brexiteers....although the case has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

Who’d have thought that a demand to end the interference of Brussels in our laws, the repatriation of British sovereignty etc would have led to this!

Oh...the irony!

Never mind. On past record Boris will simply ignore this inconvenient ruling and proceed with leaving EU on 31st Oct.....notwithstanding any law.

Laws are for wimps!! Heil Boris!

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: An inconvenient judgement

Post by Horus »

Well I am loving it. :))) :))) the more we see of these clowns the easier it will be for people to make up their minds.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

It’s all getting a bit silly.

We need a General Election which will hopefully result in a government with a majority . Otherwise, this fiasco could go on forever.

But not before 31st Oct. I want to see Boris humbled - maybe even die in a ditch! :lol:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Well saying as all the other parties have held their conference meetings, then Boris is within his rights to again prorogue Parliament in order for the Tories to hold theirs, go for it Boris. It is hilarious to see all these MPs who have used every trick in the book to stymie a legitimate vote to leave the EU not to mention the ‘establishment’ and a biased Speaker in the house who allowed Parliament to take control of proceedings in another attempt to thwart Brexit and they have the temerity to accuse Boris of acting improperly, I am sure the electorate will give their opinion on them in due course. ;)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Well....we can’t have Parliament taking control of proceedings can we. :lol:

That sounds far too much like Parliamentary sovereignty.

Hang on though....isn’t that what this Brexit business is all about :ni:

It’s all so confusing. I think I’ll ask Bert from the White Swan. He knows all about economics, law and the constitution. At least you’d think so .... :urm:

As he said so cogently the other day....” 17.4 million people can’t all be bleedin’ wrong can they? Stands to reason dunnit!”
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

If we do leave the EU will my continental quilt still work?
Will I still be able to buy Brussels sprouts?
And will I have to wash my own car now?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm a) If we do leave the EU will my continental quilt still work?
b) Will I still be able to buy Brussels sprouts?
c) And will I have to wash my own car now?
According to Bert :

a) Nope...but you shouldn’t be using that foreign muck. Wot’s wrong wif good ‘ol British blankets?

b) Yep...I’ve been growin’ ‘em in me lotment long afore those bleedin’ foreigners pinched the name.

c) ‘fraid so. Unless you can find a Brit to work for £5 an hour.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

newcastle wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Horus wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:03 pm a) If we do leave the EU will my continental quilt still work?
b) Will I still be able to buy Brussels sprouts?
c) And will I have to wash my own car now?
According to Bert :

a) Nope...but you shouldn’t be using that foreign muck. Wot’s wrong wif good ‘ol British blankets?
Blankets? I still use my dad's army greatcoat on top of my flock mattress, good enough for him then its good enough for me. :up

b) Yep...I’ve been growin’ ‘em in me lotment long afore those bleedin’ foreigners pinched the name.
Too right, bloody foreigners saved their necks in two world wars, ungrateful b******s

c) ‘fraid so. Unless you can find a Brit to work for £5 an hour.
No problem my unemployed neighbours lad says he will do it for 2 quid, he's just waiting for Jeremy's £10 minimum wage and 4 day 32 hour week to kick in.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Its getting better by the day, I’m voting for Jeremy. :up
Just been listening to him at the conference and its like visiting Santa Clause, :a52: whatever you want you can have. :a27: Renationalise the Railways, the Post Office, Gas & Electricity suppliers and generation, free prescriptions, free home care for the elderly and infirm, (may have to look a bit closer at that one) ;) and free childcare for all. Ban all zero hours contracts, £10 minimum wage at 16 years old and upwards, instant inclusion to all workers rights from day one at work. A four day 32 hour working week, setting up a national generic manufacturing enterprise to supply the NHS with cheap drugs, start the biggest council housing scheme ever, regenerate the inner cities and establish a Northern Cross Rail to link up Liverpool to Hull, but why he included Newcastle in that god only knows. So its Jeremy for me from now on and all the money will come from the top 5% which fortunately for me I am just below that, :mo so happy days are here again and with Dianne Abbot doing all the big sums and make no mistake they are very big, according to her it could run into several squill tillions or 4 Mega Bytes if not more. :a42:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Did Jeremy mention that the passports of everyone earning over £100,000 would be temporarily withdrawn and their assets frozen whilst the new “goodies for all” schemes were bedding in ?

Just as a precaution you understand . :lol:

Whilst only the mentally disturbed would buy into the Labour plans, and vote them in on that account, I’d say he’s a reasonable chance of pulling a rabbit out of the hat if Farsical Farage splits the Brexiteers vote in the next General Election in a fit of pique.

Stranger things have happened.

Mind you, Labour would be wise to send Diane, and one or two others on their front bench, on a fact-finding tour of Libya whilst the election is being run. :lol:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Did Jeremy mention that the passports of everyone earning over £100,000 would be temporarily withdrawn and their assets frozen whilst the new “goodies for all” schemes were bedding in ?
No he didn't :o but I have passed on your suggestion to Dianne along with siezing all property and assets of those spending more than two weeks abroad each year. :cg As a new convert to Jeremy I will of course be taking any good suggestions for spending your money on things I may like and then pass them on to Di for implimentation. :up