ELO The "H" is Silent

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

ELO The "H" is Silent

Post by John Landon »

I have been a life long fan of Jeff Lynn and ELO, and a few weeks ago I watched "Wembley or Bust" concert on TV.

Back in November I dropped the hint that the new ELO album "From out of nowhere" was being released a few days before, so my dear wife bough that CD for me.

One song, which is the final song is named "Time of our lives" which is a song about performing at Wembley Stadium back in 2017

Back in the day, I thought that Queens performance and that of Freddie could not be beaten, and I still believe that to be true..... for the Old Wembley stadium.

Now, we have a new Wembley stadium, ( the Twin towers are now gone) and when I watched "Wembley or bust", it was great to see an audience of my generation right down to young kids of only 11 or 12 years old being in the audience really enjoying themselves and "rocking out".. , not only that, but the Security staff and the Paramedics were all up and dancing to what Jeff Lynn calls the Best version of ELO he has ever had the privilege to perform with.

Here is the song about that night, not a single negative sentence in the song..

I am hoping I can get to see them in Glasgow in October this year, Apparently Danni Harrison, son of George will also be in the line up.. after that, my time here is done.. 8) ... Until the next SPI..

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: ELO The "H" is Silent

Post by John Landon »

Got 2 tickets last night for Alison and Myself... 21st October SSE Hydro Glasgow.. 8)

That's only 4 days from when we get back from Hisaronu..
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Very jealous.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It is rare for me to watch much on TV these days, but yes John I remember switching my set on it was quite late in the evening and there they were in all their glory the great ELO, a fantastic performance, I believe it was in Birmingham.

To see middle aged people singing and dancing right up in front of the actual stage was fantastic, and you really wanted to be there. These days kids have to be stoned out of their mind to really appreciate such a similar event, and even then you can never get anywhere near the so called stars of today. The O2 here in London is so massive, it's a joke that people go, no atmosphere, you have to watch large screens, because you can hardly see performer,........unless you pay a load of cash.