Just out of interest.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Just out of interest.

Post by Major Thom »

Just out of interest, say yes if you are an ex pat living still living in Luxor, or have you left for a while to keep safe?

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Just out of interest.

Post by Who2 »

No, I left after a heavy Xmas with 2 of my guests before it struck,
spending a couple of luxurious days over in El Gouna.
Mind you, being stuck here is just as fun as stuck over there.
It's all down to how one views being 'stuck & fun.... 8)
Ps: Explaining to Sim having been closeted in an 12'x8' cell 23 hours a day, 'this is a-doddle!
nothing..'a walk in the park,.........
except they just closed all the parks.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm Just out of interest, say yes if you are an ex pat living still living in Luxor, or have you left for a while to keep safe?
Just out of interest, where do you think ex-pats would go to 'for a while to keep safe?'

And what is 'safe'?

My question are serious. I am very interested in the answers.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Certainly not Cyprus, where cases of Corona virus are rising. Not the UK where there is nothing in the shop and has virtually closed down, I am happy staying here, the government seem to be doing their best, people are being sensible and helping one another
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:25 pm Certainly not Cyprus, where cases of Corona virus are rising. Not the UK where there is nothing in the shop and has virtually closed down, I am happy staying here, the government seem to be doing their best, people are being sensible and helping one another
From what I hear too many Egyptians are not taking the situation seriously enough.

Look after yourself Carrie. Avoid any contact with others as far as humanly possible.

Shop as infrequently as you can, keep clear of other customers and wash everything you’ve bought, and yourself, thoroughly when you get home.

Good luck.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Doing just that Newcastle. Thanks.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Still here.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I know non of you would want to come to Cyprus, thank God! But at least we have daily truthful updates. We have free and very good medical facilities, we have groups that help the vulnerable and elderly, our medcal staff are uptodate with the virus and more than capable at present of dealing with it. Here in the Polis area, there are NO cases. The cases are mainly n the tourist areas. Our shop that are legally open are ensuring you only get one of every item each, (For a couple meaning two). Everyone in our atea is practising social distancing, most now wear gloves sanitizers, and facemasks issued before you enter the supermarket, pharmacies etc. Our villagers are practising what is being preached. When I look at what Egypt is calling the epicentre (Luxor) on live broadcasts from Luxor Portal, all I see is people seemingly ignoring everything, still large gatherings, still not wearing PPE, still having weddings, etc. All I see is total disrespect to others, they really need to either be controlled or clamped down on. Our authorities are patrolling streets to ensure all non essential business's are complying, if they are not €800 fine and imprisonment. I bet markets and non essential shops are still opening in Luxor. You all know how people rummage through fruit and veg trying to find the best, really! is everyone wearing dusposable gloves. The figures coming out of Egypt are pretty pathetic, and I think some are dying not even knowing they have the virus. How are they testing? Who is getting tested? Where do you get tested? Do you all know? Do people there know about self isolation, and how long for? This thing about cafes and resttraunts only been able to open between this time and the other, TOTAL RUBBISH! The virus does not go to sleep during the day. All I see is flippancy and ignorancy. I noticed on a live broadcast from Luxor Portal 3 days ago, TV Street was packed, no one with PPL, including the Police. People holding hands, still cheek kissing, taxi drivers picking up ever tom, **** and harry, with no precautions, same with the micro buses. Our taxi drivers, coach drivers, and public transport wear masks and spray sanitize the taxi following every pick up! We have medical updates everyday, our hospitals are closed to visitors. We can ring our supermarkets for food, they tell you the cost, you leave the money in a prearranged place and hey vdeliver to your doorstep or gate. Ok I live in a virus free part of the island, but every precaution is being taken. The main cases are Larnaca, Limmosal, and Paphos, all tourists areas. Our airports to passengers are closed. Last week we learned no mail is being accepted from 36 different Countries. Our Post Offices were closed for one day last Thursday for full deep cleaning. Before opening today. I realise most of you live in Egypt because its cheap to live, but its this cheapness that is not allowing flexibility to protect you. God bless you all you are going to need it. Once again thank you all for staying away from Cyprus, in any case you would not get in now!
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Maybe you may be able to answer this! Why has your President pumped billions into your tourist industry. What a waste! when it will be needed by the Egyptian Healthcare which is so poor that if you manage to contact the virus your chances of survival are very poor. This again was reported by online Egyption online news media.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm
Major Thom wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm Just out of interest, say yes if you are an ex pat living still living in Luxor, or have you left for a while to keep safe?
. To a place where if you contacted the virus your chaces of survival would be greater.

Just out of interest, where do you think ex-pats would go to 'for a while to keep safe?'

And what is 'safe'?

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:14 am
HEPZIBAH wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm
. To a place where if you contacted the virus your chaces of survival would be greater.

And what is 'safe'?

If you become ill enough to require hospitaisation, safe is wherever you are in the queue for a suitably equipped intensive care bed. That would appear to be no different - no matter where you live.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sad a very sad post MT. Everything comes down to money with you. Why are you SO obsessed with why people continue to live here? It must be because we cant afford to live anywhere else.
You obviously learnt nothing when you lived here, due to your behavior no doubt. You never experienced the generosity or friendship of the Egyptian people. You never saw the beauty this country has to offer. You came here thinking you knew it all and very quickly came to realise that you knew nothing. The cost to your pocket and over inflated ego must have been immense.
The thrill I experience when crossing the Nile, walking in the mountains, following in the footsteps of the Pharaohs this is priceless.
The kindness displayed daily by ex pats and Egyptians is priceless.
The bitterness you constantly display could make one feel sorry for you, but it has gone on forever, will you never be happy MT?
Please don/t say you are happy now, I refuse to believe it anyone who was happy would get on with their lives forget and forgive the past, not keep dwelling on your experiences here.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

There are some undeniable truths in MT’s comments.

Egyptians do not seem to be very good at self- isolating or adhering to government advice. The health service is ill- equipped to deal with an epidemic. Ex-pats who live here, many of whom are elderly, are probably terribly worried in case they catch this virus. Most will have nowhere to go and even those who have will find it difficult to leave the country.

All this is true.

But there’s a special place in Hell for those gloat on their privileged position and, instead of sympathising with those less fortunate than themselves, take pleasure in witnessing the problems of others.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Just out of interest

Post by Major Thom »

I see Egypt is flying out tourists today, not sure if the report means tourists just there on holiday, they did not as per normal make it clear. I just wondered if this eventually get around to the owners of tourist visas. After all You know what Egypt is like. Once again I noticed the "Like" Wolves are out, same names as usual. Don't you just love it!! Regarding myself being obssessed by ex pats that live there, I am telling you that from photo's I see I personally think you need to protect yourselves in a really good way, because local people do not see or want to see information given out. I also know that living there you are gagged from saying anything bad, in publc places or places that are patrolled by the authorities, so presume the only way of favour is to post good post.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Well, as I compose this, I'm assuring g myself that I'm still a "living" expat living in Luxor. As far as this viruses is concerned, it really doesn't matter where you live, if your stupid enough to take no notice of the protective measures put in place by the government of the country you reside in, then enter the fools lottery. Maybe the medical facilities are not on the grand scale of other countries, but do as your advised to do and you will survive this thing, so you will not need intensive care. I'm of the genuine and honest opinion that I'm much safer here than most other places.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

Dusak wrote "I'm of the genuine and honest opinion that I'm much safer here than most other places."
Ditto
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:06 am I'm of the genuine and honest opinion that I'm much safer here than most other places.
And no one’s encouraging you to give the clap to a nurse. :P
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Heard my mate's wife shouting "you have to clap' he shouted back "it's only a rash'..
Much amusement ensued around our courtyard..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 am I realise most of you live in Egypt because its cheap to live
If I had a piastre for each time you have posted this, I could buy myself a ticket to Cyprus!
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

BENNU wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:13 am
Major Thom wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 am I realise most of you live in Egypt because its cheap to live
If I had a piastre for each time you have posted this, I could buy myself a ticket to Cyprus!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: