My brain Brian...

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

My brain Brian...

Post by Who2 »

As long as I can remember I have always called my brain, Brian...
Worrying to say the least. Now, 'I'm not saying all Americans are dumb morons.
Just the majority, else why is a really dumb f*cker in the White House ?.... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: My brain Brian...

Post by Who2 »

Ps: As it's my day today, I share this titbit with you...

PEOPLE TURNED TO ST GEORGE FOR PROTECTION
During the Middle Ages, people believed that St George was one of the 'Fourteen Holy Helpers' – a group of saints who could help during epidemic diseases. St George's protection was invoked against several nasty diseases, many fatal and with infectious causes, including the Plague and leprosy.

From around 1100, St George’s help was also sought to protect the English army. In William Shakespeare’s Henry V, the monarch calls on the saint during his battle cry at the Battle of Harfleur in the famous “Once more unto the breach, dear friends” speech, crying “God for Harry! England, and St. George!” Five hundred years later – during the First World War – a ghostly apparition of St George is said to have aided British troops during their retreat from Mons. 'not a lot of people know that..... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Don't shoot me :sd He does have some faults, but I think Donald trump has been doing a great job for the American people :D
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:44 pm
During the Middle Ages, people believed that St George was one of the 'Fourteen Holy Helpers' – a group of saints who could help during epidemic diseases. St George's protection was invoked against several nasty diseases, many fatal and with infectious causes, including the Plague and leprosy.
Well....you’d think that, by now, everyone has twigged that praying to saints is a waste of time and dangerous to the knees.

But no.....the religiously minded are still beseeching God, Allah or whoever to save them from the ravages of Coronavirus.

They’d do better to heed scientific advice on the merits of washing their hands and social distancing. Mercifully, they seem to have recognised that gathering for prayers in churches @nd mosques is not a good idea.

No harm in praying to St George - or whoever- in the privacy, and solitude, of your own home.

Except for your knees......
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:50 pm Don't shoot me :sd He does have some faults, but I think Donald trump has been doing a great job for the American people :D
Only some faults?

The only thing I’d give him credit for is keeping Hilary Clinton out of the White House.

Anyway.....here’s the man in action :