Literature & Lockdown.

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Literature & Lockdown.

Post by Who2 »

Literature !
I have been reading ever since I can remember....

I entered Hill Place through reading to the headmaster at 7 years old, I read everything, my Dad built a library for my Mum huge books loads of antique smelly leather-bound tomes.

When I was on remand in the Scrubs, I inveigled the governor to allow me to start a library,
I had thousands sent to me 4th floor B wing by publishers, many not even proof read.

Anyhow lockdown or no, I continue to read none of your kindle crap I like to feel the pages..

Anyhow, books I have read since Feb:
Done all of Simona’s collection of Baldacci, American super hero sh*t.
Same with Martina Cole she ‘tells it like it is’ really ?
She’s a friend of Alabama 3’s, that speaks volumes.
Anyhow, I wrote to her saying ’the queen of east-end gangster chic should realise that your constant use of ‘hag as an abbreviation for aggravation instead of ‘agg, just goes to show you really little you know”
She’s an Essex bird ‘nuff said..

On the autobiography side, Iv’e done a few, Leigh Fermor, Hemingway, forget Mandela’s ’Long Walk to Freedom
he was in Prison and it’s only 170 pages ffs.
I do recommend, The Magnificent Conman of Cairo Adel Camel 1942. and Farah Damji’s ‘Try Me’.

I mean, I have a complete set of Baudelaire’s poems, Why ?
I also inherited Bruce’s collection of which he had many and highly eclectic.

I have mates who are writers, I always read their works,
I personally have a great deal of respect for them, as I constantly struggle on my first, excluding my ‘how to survive prison, volumes 1 & 2. “A classic..

This is just one of my 3 bookcases, so no rush to unlock just yet thanks,
not while the 'unwashed, uneducated, unmasked wander the streets and airports. tara..

Ps: “Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” – P.J. O’Rourke.... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.