Mandatory Face Masks ?

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Mandatory Face Masks ?

Post by Who2 »

I am sure the Government realised many many years ago the majority of their public are,
as thick as sh*t. One only has to see the crowds of non social distancing.

In my opinion they should have been made compulsory months ago in crowded situations.
It's not over, no-where close.

My view is, it's one's personal protection.
Anybody else has a view ?...... 8)

When I say thick, think thick as sh*t.
Last edited by Who2 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Mandatory Face Masks ?

Post by newcastle »

Sounds like a good idea and...yes....the sooner you give legal backing to any social change you wish to promote, the better.

Another case of this government being slow off the mark.

Shops & supermarkets? What about, banks, post offices, bookies, bars & restaurants etc etc.?

I can see this being fun & games when it comes into force. :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

15714.... 8)
Sophocles.
Alistair1967

Post by Alistair1967 »

Who2 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am I am sure the Government realised many many years ago the majority of their public are,
as thick as sh*t.
Ministers of said Government don't always come across as the sharpest tools in the box..
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I am sure the Government realised many many years ago the majority of their public are,
as thick as sh*t
They rely on it to get elected every five years :urm:

That and the fact that the electorate have the memory span of a goldfish. The thousands that have died unnecessarily will be dead and buried figuratively, as well as literally, come the next election.

Boris has a new slogan : “Over by Christmas “.....now that “Get Brexit Done” is ....well...done. Sort of.

And goodish news for Matt Hancock.

According to a paper by two Oxford academics, it’s possible that Public Health England has significantly overestimated Covid-19 death statistics by including former sufferers who could have subsequently died of other causes. Hancock has ordered an urgent inquiry, which shows us that he CAN order urgent inquiries when it suits.

In contrast, the public inquiry into the government’s fiascoid handling of the coronavirus is pencilled in for before winter – just not this winter.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

For the last three weeks, I have enjoyed travelling around Denmark by train, sightseeing, watching the beautiful landscapes, visiting towns, villages and cities with many great museums, shops and cafes.

These days to get on the train or ferry, you must book a seat in advance to avoid crowds, but they are full, except for some local trains. Not even once a day do I see a face mask! Today I bought some for myself for the very first time, just to be prepared, but noone wears them.

Every day, friends call and urge me to come home to Luxor. I do not have to wear a mask, they all assure me, as long as I stay at home all day, and I can have food delivered. I never thought that I would say it, but as much as I miss Egypt, and I desperately do, right now I prefer to be a tourist in sunny Denmark.
:up
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

For the life of me Bennu, I too can not believe that people are so eager to visit or get back to Egypt.

Like you, I have been doing a lot of travel by train in Britain, since what they call here as 'lock-down'. Some I am sure on here will see that as selfish, however, unlike Denmark, whether local or intercity trains were, and generally still are, mostly empty, even though most services have run to normal usual times. The only problem here is that to discourage you, they closed all museums, even cafes and pubs, though accommodation was not difficult to find.

I live near the Tower of London, on the edge of the city, which I am sure you know is mainly the business quarter of London, for almost three months now the place was void of people, though supermarkets there have been full of fresh food, that at the end of each day is sold off at next to nothing, my freezer is full.

Museums etc are beginning to open here, though most places want you to book on line. The Tower of London opened up its door to tourist on Saturday, £25 per head. Being that for many Brits the so called 'stay-cation' will be the only holiday this year, it may be a good idea to reduce these such silly prices.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

That's 25k a day according to yesterday's figures.
That's 175k a week and they are talking of laying off beefeaters.... 8)
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 am That's 25k a day according to yesterday's figures.
That's 175k a week and they are talking of laying off beefeaters.... 8)
But kids get in for half....and Tower Hamlets residents, like me, for £1.

On an average day the Tower gets over 5,000 visitors so you’re right.....someone’s doing alright. They might be going through hard times but surely there’s no need to retire the beefeaters.

There’s some bling in the jewellery house which they could flog at a pinch. I’m sure Charles wouldn’t mind being crowned with replicas.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

A-Four wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:24 am... however, unlike Denmark, whether local or intercity trains were, and generally still are, mostly empty, even though most services have run to normal usual times. The only problem here is that to discourage you, they closed all museums, even cafes and pubs, though accommodation was not difficult to find.
Museums etc are beginning to open here, though most places want you to book on line. The Tower of London opened up its door to tourist on Saturday, £25 per head. Being that for many Brits the so called 'stay-cation' will be the only holiday this year, it may be a good idea to reduce these such silly prices.
Well, here in Denmark, we are encouraged to stay in our little kingdom, so museum tickets are discounted with 50%, you can get very cheap train tickets and ferries to our many islands are free! I got myself some travel passes, that allow you eight days use of public transportation all over the country for as little as £ 36,52! :lol: 8)

For some museums you need to book a time slot and they only allow so many guests in each room at a time. Everywhere I go, they are overwhelmed by domestic tourists. I enjoy being a tourist in my own country. 8)
A-Four wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:24 am... supermarkets there have been full of fresh food, that at the end of each day is sold off at next to nothing, my freezer is full.
Mine too! :P I even know where to get left over quality wine, hand crafted beer and gourmet chocolate really cheap! :wi :br

:br I am having a very busy summer this year! 8)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Great to hear your having fun Bennu.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Who2 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 am That's 175k a week and they are talking of laying off beefeaters.... 8)
Funny you mention that, as a keen gardener I had often wondered how they managed to keep beautifully lawned greens throughout the Tower moat, especially the northern facing area, where often in the Autumn they have several corporate events.

On my last visit to the Tower I sought information from one of the gardeners, apparently, true or false I know not, each and every year they spend £100,000 on new turf.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

BENNU wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm Well, here in Denmark, we are encouraged to stay in our little kingdom, so museum tickets are discounted with 50%, you can get very cheap train tickets and ferries to our many islands are free! I got myself some travel passes, that allow you eight days use of public transportation all over the country for as little as £ 36,52! :lol: 8)
I think it was Napoleon Bonaparte who once said Britain was a nation of shop-keepers, it seems strange but an old soak friend, who 'hobbles' around Whitehall, informed me that a certain Monsieur Michel Barnier, was in town this week attempting to dictate to the Brits.

I was told that he was confronted by a, once humble Yorkshire M.P. , who suggested in the Commons that when the U.K. leaves the EU, we should set up ten free ports throughout the country. This week that very same person informed Barnier, that if the EU was not going to act respectfully, then it may be that the whole U.K. would become a free port. I am told Barnier almost collapsed to the ground, nothing un-usual there, except in this case it was shock, and not the booze,.....did I mention that the said Yorkshire MP, is today none other than Mr Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer.

If this was to be so, then Bennu you could come to London on a short holiday with an empty suitcase and fill it with tax free goodies. I came across so many people who lived in Egypt as ex-pats but still paid the full tax on everything they bought in the U.K. when they visited, could never understand that.