Egypt Air.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Egypt Air.

Post by carrie »

The Minister of Tourism has announced that Egypt Air should cut their prices by 20 percent, this is in line with his campaign "to spend winter in Egypt".
Since the cuts only seem to apply to domestic flights I can't see this initiative boosting tourism.
Or can we expect to see hoards of Caireans descending on Luxor to spend lots and lots of money?

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Egypt Air.

Post by newcastle »

Indeed.

“ 05 January 2021 01:57 PM
Cairo – Mubasher: EgyptAir received cabinet approval to reduce the ticket prices for domestic flights in a bid to promote domestic tourism.

The initiative will extend from 15 January until 28 November, the cabinet said in a statement on Tuesday.

In addition, several hotels in tourist destinations agreed to offer discounts on bookings to boost aviation and tourism sectors.“

I suppose it might encourage foreign tourists on the Red Sea to visit Cairo. They might get bored stuck in Sharm and Hurghada wondering how they are going to get home, with many flights being cancelled.

However, being stuck in a plane with a load of Egyptians would be a risk too far as far as I’m concerned. :(

Any reduction in hotel costs is likely to be welcomed by Egyptians....but of little interest to foreigners, even those booking package deals. I suspect foreign travel companies will use any benefit to compensate for recent losses rather than lowering their prices In 2021.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote:
"However, being stuck in a plane with a load of Egyptians would be a risk too far as far as I’m concerned."

Being stuck in or on a plane with anybody whatever their nationality,
is a risk far to far as far as I'm concerned... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Given the choice I would prefer being stuck on a plane for a few hours than face lock down after lock down.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I think we are about to enter our 2nd full lock down, we are averaging 2-3 deaths daily now. I know many don't like being locked down, but myself and better half do not mind one bit. Lockdowns have really made us appreciate the simpler things in life and have given us the opportunity to try new things out around the garden and in the home. For me I have been making moulds and installing new threasholds at the bottom of doors, in a similar way I did in Luxor to stop beasties entering the house. Also teied my hand a baking and recycling old things by restoring them.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I've always preferred to die in Egypt, it's cheaper plus I have a deal to be mummified over there.
But then getting on a train,tube,plane or going to a trump rally doesn't show a lot 'up-top in my opinion.. 8)

Ps: Quote: " has given us the opportunity to try new things out around the garden" 'I'm not even going to ask!
Pss: 'did you keep your handcuffs when you retired ? many do I hear...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Ps: Quote: " has given us the opportunity to try new things out around the garden" 'I'm not even going to ask!
Pss: 'did you keep your handcuffs when you retired ? many do I hear...
:))) :))) :)))
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No Doctor, funny enough I thought someone might comment on that... Getting too old for hankie pankie in front of the neighbors...
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Speaking personally I have always been to old to get up to hankie pankie in front of the neighbors plus it's a little cold at night.
Why presume at night because my mother always thought that hankie pankie couldn't possibly occur before 9pm :lol: