The Russians are back...

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

The Russians are back...

Post by newcastle »

Wonderful......

The Egyptian Air Authority announced the return of Russian tourism to Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada next March 28 where Russian Nord Wind operates 4 flights per week.

The Egyptian Air Authority, for Russian Nord Wind, agreed to take 4 weekly flights, starting next March 28, with the reality of two flights to Hurghada, and two flights to Sharm El Sheikh, after the approval of the Russian authorities, to return tourism to Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada

Dr. Ashraf Neuer, head of the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority, said that the Russian company applied to the Authority, to operate its flights next March 28, directly from Russian airports to Sharm el-Sheikh and Hurghada, and flights will be increased once the operation is regular.

Neuer continued that Egyptian airports, match global airports, in terms of security and air safety, and the presence of the latest inspections in terminating travel procedures and passengers arrival.

Neuer indicated that the Russian delegation consisting of 17 security inspectors of the Russian Ministry of Transport, recently conducted an inspection tour, which took 7 days at Sharm el-Sheikh and Hurghada airports, and praised the airport security procedures.

For its part, Egypt has promised not to blow any Russian planes to smithereens....and has enhanced airport security to this effect.

On the Russian side, they have promised not to send any tourists infected with Covid-19 and to supply Egypt with such vaccines as they are developing....whether or not they have been approved by anyone else.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: The Russians are back...

Post by Who2 »

Nick reckons that 'he is returning in March, to continue one of his many filming production ideas !
This one's on green glass, lechatelierite used in Tutankhamun's necklace from over in the Great Sea Sand.
His main aim has always been to film Sherlock Holmes' in Egypt, he told me yesterday it will be 100 years next year,
since Carter dug up King Tut.

Well I've given him contact details of influential egyptians and archaeologists and the bedouin family
who undertake such expeditions.

But in all honesty, I don't reckon he stands a chance. (imagine all those hoops)
Never say die, he's already 'knocked out 5 films... 8)

Ps: The well attired desert traveller, before..
And after...
Spoiler
'It can be tough out there in the Blu..I've warned him..
Pss: 'Is Easyjet still flying ?

Addendum: he also surprised me last night saying that 'my mate the yank meteorologist, authoress, ect...
Maria, once lived with Omar Sharif....
Mind you, another yank friend Mary once told me, 'Omar was about to get into her knickers and Zahi
barged into Omar's hotel room and put paid to that, Zahi was also trying to get hold of american mary..lol
What's with americans, is it all a dream ?
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

I don't think the nationality of the female actually mattered from several stories I have heard!

Are the Alwy brothers still operating? We had some great trips with them both from the Badawiya Dakhla and Badawiya Farafra Hotels. We picked fresh veg and onions from their farm in Dakhla and they asked us to transport them on to Farafra. The car absolutely stank of onions for days afterwards! Great starlight meal in the desert and the Fennec foxes coming in to camp to finish up the meal afterwards.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Despite my best attempts to get out into the desert for a few days and nights, they were all thwarted, even though decent sums of cash were offered. :|

I did get to see a Fennec fox when I went to the old Star Wars set in Tunisia though. :up
considering its 40 years old, its still in reasonable condition.. Tatooine that is, not the fox...

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Egypt denies resumption of Russian chartered air traffic.

The Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has denied reports regarding the resumption of air traffic between Russia and the Egyptian tourist resorts in Sharm El-Sheikh and Hurghada.

“The ministry’s agencies have not received any information from Russia regarding the resumption of chartered air traffic to the Egyptian tourist resorts in Sharm El-Sheikh and Hurghada,” Minister of Civil Aviation Mohammed Manar said.

He added that there have been no contacts since the Russian inspection and security committee left the Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh airports at the beginning of February.

Manar said that the airlines submitted a request to the Civil Aviation Authority to approve organizing flights to the airports of Sharm El-Sheikh and Hurghada at the end of last March.

Vice President of the Russian Tour Operators Association Dmitry Gorin revealed that no official information had yet been received from either Russia or Egypt regarding the opening of a flight program from Russian cities to Egyptian resorts in Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh.

“We have not received official information from the Russian or Egyptian side. At the present time, flights to Cairo continue according to an extended schedule,” Gorin told Sputnik.

Egyptian Minister of Tourism Khaled Al-Anani said that the news circulating was “nothing but newspaper talk” and that no decision had been made regarding the return of Russian tourism yet.

Source: https://arab.news/652ya
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Is no news good news.?

Can’t trust anyone these days :urm:

Several Hurghada Mohammed’s have gone into mourning.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So that's a No then, is it ?
They held bloody good parties them Russians, over in their guest lodge in Qourm Lola,
loads of vodka & caviar and singing, amazing bunch.
Bet all their caricatured faces are still on the outside wall.
And they all spoke great English.mad as a hatters...

The French mission were a pretty good bunch as well....Benjamin married one of his volunteers
and had a decorated horse and cart all the way from the ferry.. 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.