Reiki finds niche in some U.S. hospitals

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Doctors seeing benefits of energy-healing practice

BY DAWN FALLIK THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

PHILADELPHIA — William DeMedio pulled off his stethoscope and removed his glasses. The family medicine doctor bowed his head and closed his eyes. Then he laid his hands on the crown of his patient’s head.

A few minutes passed. He moved to cup her face and then crouched to cradle her head in his palms.

Fifteen minutes later, the Reiki session was over, and 45-yearold Renee Gaines was almost asleep. DeMedio, who practices at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, picked up his white coat.
“I don’t wear the coat during Reiki sessions,â€

A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Well, I guess thats some proof that it works. There are studies going on here to prove that Reiki is a definite complementary therapy that can work well with traditional medicine.
A friend of mine is actually employed by a local hospital under the NHS as a complimentary therapist, and uses her Reiki alongside other therapies like reflexology and aromatherapy. Our local hospice offers Reiki treatments to patients and staff alike.

Thanks for this PRChick..... it explains it well.
Quinonostante
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Quinonostante »

...tis about time too! :)

!
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

bump
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
Quinonostante
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Quinonostante »

Shareen's magic hands!

On Saturday DesertRose was feeling quite unwell when we were ay the London L4U meeting. Shareen offered to try some Reiki on her. Within the hour DesertRose was much better! She thinks it was simply great!

Clever gal Shareen... :) and Thank you.

!
Shareen

Post by Shareen »

Thank you Q.... but the thanks shouldnt be for me...... I'm only a channel for the Reiki, so all I gave was a few minutes of my time, and that was no problem at all. Lol, especially as I got to watch Fablux's foxes at the same time!
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Bringng this back up to the top and referencing my post in the Women's section.
~Mark Twain~
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Any hands on healing is great - I use it on our animals all the time and it works really well, I also find music very important also I have a few "healing" CDs :)
Just got a wonderful "ipamper" massager it also blows out hot ionic air - very soothing and a great idea for a pressie with xmas coming up :)
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!