Good Luck Charms.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Good Luck Charms.

Post by WIZARD »

Good Luck Charms.

A good luck charm is an object that produces a positive influence over the fortunes of a person, or set of persons upon possession.

Certain objects have the ability to emit positive or negative spiritual energy, depending on their nature

1 Horse Shoe.
Perhaps the most well known and universally recognised symbol of good fortune. Placing an upright, used horse shoe at the top right corner of your front door-frame is considered to be an invitation to good luck to enter your home. Similarly, placing a used horse shoe in a north facing, upright position inside a building brings good fortune and increases the ambient positive spiritual energy in the building.

2. RUDRAKSH.
The nut of the Rudraksh tree that can be found in parts of the Himalayas, Indonesia and Malaysia. There are 38 different types. Rudraksh beads represent Lord Shiva, part of the divine Hindu trinity. This very powerful and auspicious charm bestows spiritual powers, good health, fame and material happiness. Rudraksh beads are used for making 108 bead rosaries for chanting Mantras, so as to increase the effect and power of the Mantra. Although these rosaries are a product of the ancient Vedic period, through modern science, it is now know that the figure '108' is of particular relevance, as the distance between the Earth and the Sun is approximately 108 times the Sun's diameter. The Sun's diameter is about 108 times that of the Earth's. The distance between the Earth and the Moon is approximately 108 times the Moon's diameter. It is perhaps possible that the ancient sages determined that there 108 steps between our ordinary human awareness and our inner divinity. As to how they determined the distances between these celestial bodies, with such accuracy, remains a mystery.

3. SCARAB BEETLE.
This ancient Egyptian amulet is worn as jewellery and symbolises the renewal of life.

4. SWASTIK. The sign that represents the Hindu Lord of good fortune, 'Ganesh'. 'Swastik' is a Sanskrit word that means, 'Purveyor of Good Fortune', it bestows luck and prosperity, but it must always be placed in a clock-wise direction. This symbol of luck should not be confused with the 'Nazi Swastika', which is placed at an angle and does not produce any positive energy.

5. CRYSTAL CHARMS.
Certain materials, such as natural crystal are thought to increase positive spiritual energy, hence a lucky charm or symbol made out of such a material will have greater powers.

6. LOVE TALISMANS.
The Vashikaran talisman increases one's powers of influence (attraction) and is a powerful love talisman, but this is not limited to attracting members of the opposite gender, and is used to improve other types of relationships by giving the wearer greater powers of influence.

7. LUCK CHARM BRACELETS.
Luck charm bracelets are very similar to lucky charm lockets. Very much in vogue nowadays, they are fashion accessories that serve a useful purpose.

8. OM
In Hindu mythology, Om or AUM is believed to be the first sound to pervade through the Universe at the beginning of time. Almost all Mantras are also initiated by reciting the word 'Om'. Worshippers of this sacred symbol are blessed with luck, material comforts and spiritual powers.

9. ZODIAC & NUMEROLOGICAL CHARMS.
Certain numbers such as your date of birth and compound talent number have a particular significance in your life. Maintaining numerological harmony is very important for improving your luck, hence commencing important tasks, new beginnings on numerologically compatible dates and avoiding adverse ones, is essential for successful results in all spheres of life. Similarly, acquiring a charm for a favourable number or one which represents your zodiac sign can be very rewarding.

10. ACORN.
The nut of the Oak tree, it is also known as oak apple. Carrying a dried Acorn is believed to give the gift of youth to the wearer. It can also be used for wealth and attraction of the opposite sex.

11. ASTROLOGICAL TALISMANS.
These type of talismans are usually very effective as the are prescribed according to the specifics of one's horoscope. That is, a talisman corresponding to a favourably or unfavourably placed planet in the horoscope of the concerned person, can be acquired to either strengthen or reduce that planet's effects.

12. KEYS.
Three keys worn together (Gold, Silver and Bronze) symbolise the unlocking of the doors to health, wealth and love.

13. FEATHERS.
The feather is an ancient charm for good luck and represents the journey of the soul to the other realm.

14. SPELLS
Once you've acquired your lucky charm, charge it with magical energy, using this 'Spell'. Take the object on any day during the period between the New Moon and Full Moon and hold it in your writing hand and recite:-

'Most Ancient Gods of old I pray, bring forth thy powers to share this day.

Feel the energy build up in you and flow into the object. Visualize it making your wishes come true. Seal it with the words:-

'Health we bring you,

Happiness too,

Wealth herein,

And all for you.'

WIZARD
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I used to buy scrap gold at auctions in Sweden, only seing it through the plastic bag, where it was stuffed and knowing the karat and weight of the lot, and I could go straight to a Danish goldsmith and sell it for melting and get any little pieces that I liked more or less for free. At least my train ticket to Sweden and a few pairs of earrings and chains would be financed this way and I still keep some gold as a small investment. Once, when I had still not been to Egypt, I knew that there was a bracelet in a bag that I wanted, so I made a bid and won the auction. When I opened the treasure, I found some 18K charms: a hiking boot, an airplane, a diary (it said so in Swedish) and a Nefertiti bust. I got the message, when hidden in my next lot was a tiny ring with a scarab and one with an Ankh...

:bp: :le:

I was collecting lucky charms for an old fashioned bracelet like the ones that made the handshakes of grown up women sound so ladylike, when I was a girl. (Forgot all about it.)
Twagner

Post by Twagner »

I have been wearing a white gold bracelet for the longest time. I was 13 when I got it and up until now, I am wearing it. I am now 25 by the way.

For me, it has been my good luck charm and I know a lot would disagree that it does not hold any significance. But I would argue that how could you prove your claim that yours does.

I think there is no specific good luck thing for someone than the only item that he believes in.