Do you have a faith ?

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Do you have a faith ?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Zooropa wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Zooropa wrote:Faith by definition is blind.
I would suggest that having a closed mind is blind.
You suggest what you like, and its healthy of course if you do have an open mind.

But any kind of faith requires no evidence and so as far as facts are concerned it is blind.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will) but I seem to recall you demanding evidence not so long back.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Zooropa wrote:Faith by definition is blind.
I would suggest that having a closed mind is blind.[/quote]

You suggest what you like, and its healthy of course if you do have an open mind.

But any kind of faith requires no evidence and so as far as facts are concerned it is blind.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will) but I seem to recall you demanding evidence not so long back.[/quote]

No, you are quite correct I did ask for evidence, and I will continue to do so.

I was pointing out what a perfect circular argument faith is and is one of the reasons why it still exists, it is resistant to reason and any kind of rational sense.

You can claim absolutely anything if you refuse to provide evidence to back it up - im going to marry Katy Perry!

If anyone is going to wade into a debate/argument/statement (hopefully ive covered all bases) with faith then they have no right to ask for evidence to any point made in reply.

The point is, if anything is to be accepted as fact or reasonable then it requires evidence
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hmmm - having now read all the posts since my last I'm declining to participate further in a nit-picking slanging match (and I don't mean you Hepzibah or Newcastle) on this topic which was about "faith" but seems to have turned into a platform for a professed atheist to expound views on organized religion.

:stp :stp :stp
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Hmmm - having now read all the posts since my last I'm declining to participate further in a nit-picking slanging match (and I don't mean you Hepzibah or Newcastle) on this topic which was about "faith" but seems to have turned into a platform for a professed atheist to expound views on organized religion.

Yes and im proud of it!

And of course, we have never, ever had to suffer a platform being made or given to the expounding of views by professed "faith heads" on the rest of us have we?

They have been doing it for the last 2000 years!

And what else is a forum for if not for the expounding of views?

Always the same, its ok for "them" to do it but not "us".

Let me be clear, I loathe religion, especially organised religion, it is devisive, exclusionist, hateful, prejudiced & homophobic.

Im offended by it and will be just as devout and outspoken about it as I like and LLL, if you and anyone else don't like it then complain to someone else because I don't give a dam.

You can come and object to what I say when I have caused as much misery as religion has, until then tough luck.

Oh, and I claim victory in this debate - not that it was ever in doubt anyway.

Oh and finally, its not nit picking, its stating facts and its not a slanging match just because you LLL or anyone else has not made a single point that you have been able to back up with evidence.

If anyone needs to stop then its you with the nonesense you have been spouting :stp
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Zooropa wrote:
LovelyLadyLux wrote:Hmmm - having now read all the posts since my last I'm declining to participate further in a nit-picking slanging match (and I don't mean you Hepzibah or Newcastle) on this topic which was about "faith" but seems to have turned into a platform for a professed atheist to expound views on organized religion.

Yes and im proud of it!

And of course, we have never, ever had to suffer a platform being made or given to the expounding of views by professed "faith heads" on the rest of us have we?

Let me be clear, I loathe religion, especially organised religion, it is devisive, exclusionist, hateful, prejudiced & homophobic.

Im offended by it and will be just as devout and outspoken about it as I like and LLL, if you and anyone else don't like it then complain to someone else because I don't give a dam.

You can come and object to what I say when I have caused as much misery as religion has, until then tough luck.

Oh and finally, its not nit picking, its stating facts and its not a slanging match just because you LLL or anyone else has not made a single point that you have been able to back up with evidence.

If anyone needs to stop then its you with the nones4ense you have been spouting :stp
Albeit a hollow one! :roll:
-Aldous Huxley
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Zooropa wrote:

Yes and im proud of it!

If anyone needs to stop then its you with the nones4ense you have been spouting :stp
Albeit a hollow one! :roll:
I can only beat what or who is put in front of me, but I agree it was hollow because there was no real opposition.

Im going to Marry Katy Perry!
Last edited by Zooropa on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Zooropa - discussion and disagreement is great but you're presenting as a screaming irrational nit-picking nutter on this topic which really detracts from a point/counter point sensible argument.

I'm not willing to participate further on this basis. My last word and a hint to you - you might ardently hate organized religion but your message is being lost in the vitriol. You have something to say but are saying it in such a manner that nobody listens. That is the tragedy.

There is no win/lose - your message was lost in your own noise.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@ Zooropa - discussion and disagreement is great but you're presenting as a screaming irrational nit-picking nutter on this topic which really detracts from a point/counter point sensible argument.

I'm not willing to participate further on this basis. My last word and a hint to you - you might ardently hate organized religion but your message is being lost in the vitriol. You have something to say but are saying it in such a manner that nobody listens. That is the tragedy.

There is no win/lose - your message was lost in your own noise.

So you presume to speak for everybody do you?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I have faith that this topic is going nowhere. :|
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Zooropa wrote:

Im going to Marry Katy Perry!
Congratulations! I hope you let scottishtourist down kindly.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well to be honest Hepzibah when I read what she wrote and what he wrote I thought to myself this is not going to work out.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

carrie wrote:Well to be honest Hepzibah when I read what she wrote and what he wrote I thought to myself this is not going to work out.
I thought it was a match made in heaven until I realised there is no such place.