Huy tomb open to public soon

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Huy tomb open to public soon

Post by DJKeefy »

Tomb of Nubia Viceroy during the reign of King Tutankhamun is to be opened in mid-December at Qurnet Marei on Luxor’s west bank .

After three years of restoration, the tomb of Huy, Nubia Viceroy during the reign of King Tutankhamun, is to be opened to the public for the first time.

The tomb is located at Qurnet Marei on Luxor's west bank, and it includes a court and a burial chamber.

13154 13155 13156

“Although it is a small tomb it has very distinguished wall paintings,” Aly El-Asfar, head of the central administration of Upper Egypt, told Ahram Online.

He explains that the images depict figures painted in Nubian attire walking behind a chariot driven by a light brown figure, a black rider painted in traditional Nubian garb, and pulled by a cow. Walking before the chariot are more Nubian figures.

Hunting scenes similar to those found in Tutankhamun’s tomb are also depicted on walls as well as scenes showing Huy being greeted by high priests and among his family.

Huy was the successor of Tuthmosis, who served under Akhenaten. He was succeeded by his son Paser I.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/116971.aspx

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Huy tomb open to public soon

Post by newcastle »

This is good news.

Maybe some of the tourists will be encouraged to visit somewhere other than VoK ....the open tombs there are very much "same old, same old"

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!) the day trippers from Hurghada don't have the nobles' tombs on their itinerary.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Thanks for posting this Keefy, definitely will put it on my list for my impending visit. Any news on where the ticket will be sold?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yildez wrote:Thanks for posting this Keefy, definitely will put it on my list for my impending visit. Any news on where the ticket will be sold?
At the usual ticket office near Medinat Habu I imagine....along with the other nobles' tombs.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

It doesn't fit logically with any of the groups of nobles' tombs, so it will be interesting to see if it is a completely new ticket or they group it in with e.g. Deir el-Medineh?

But this new opening may explain why they were so keen to bulldoze the illegal settlement at the foot of the hill last month!
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Any news yet of Huy being open to the public? Do I need to bring dollars to visit it?
:mo :mo :mo
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Nah! it will probably be in Roubles so they can buy more stuff from Putin when he drops in for tea next week.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.