February tourism dowm 46% year on year.

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: February tourism dowm 46% year on year.

Post by Who2 »

Well being totally honest here, The City of Jorffe never had the infrastructure implemented in the first place,
When it was just a flood plane and some bright spark decided to 'nick the title Banana Island from the Original Banana Island.
And then illegally construct many buildings other than a Cathedral, which would have given it city status.
I drove up Ramla the other day to my old camp, I cannot believe the amount of building built on a flood plane there, prats!
Oh! well, only in Egypt, you have to love them for it..... 8)
Ps: I also hear that the bulldozers are back out all around Egypt, it's only a matter of time or money or lack of money!
....as far as Ramla is concerned.

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Who2 wrote: The City of Jorffe never had the infrastructure implemented in the first place.
I wonder why someone so obsessed with planning, structure, quality and international standards has chosen to live in a place without any of the above.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I am indoors at the moment and quite happy with my ceiling fan, the electricity was off for about an hour but since I was in the middle of doing my ironing came as somewhat of a blessing. Your home MT must be excessively warm why don't you build another roof like the polish house, I am sure that would solve many of you over heating problems.

As for investment in upper or lower Egypt, what difference is there between the investment in the UK regarding London and the south east and the more northern climes?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just another 5 thousand wind farms here, and a few trillion$$$ and we are all set, no problems except one,
Who do we then blame when the water goes off ? Tutankhamen, Seti 1st, Sadat, Nassar, Mubarack, Morsi, Sisi whos's next to blame ?.. 8)
Ps: What about that ba*tard Alexander, chopping off noses and breading 'gingers all over the place ?
Pss: As an afterthought he must have visited & spread his seed all over Scotland, else why all them freckly 'gingers in Scotsland?
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The roof under the ceramics is laid with insulation, when we built the villa we were told about the problem, so had a load of insulation beads sent from Cairo to mix with the gypsum whe the screed above the roof was laid. Not too much bothered about the power cuts any more now I have counter acted them mind you the 12V circuit at night is a little dim. But the Generator holds the power up to the home, it's just a matter of flicking the switch over and pressing a button. So more of an hindrance than a problem now.

Getting back to UK North / South divide, the north at one time and I believe still holds the manufacturing bases of the UK, where as the Yuppies of the South are involved in finance, which is a good job really, they would not know which end of a spade to use. Lower Egypt has most of the factories, it has transport routes and close to the coast line for shipping, whereas Luxor and Aswan have non of these, and because of this have to rely on tourism which is non existent at the moment. Maybe a bit of investment in places that could provide work, better roads, it would help in the amount of money paid out to the people living in poverty. I am sure there are plenty would like regular work and salaries.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Just another 5 thousand wind farms here, and a few trillion$$$ and we are all set, no problems except one,
Who do we then blame when the water goes off ? Tutankhamen, Seti 1st, Sadat, Nassar, Mubarack, Morsi, Sisi whos's next to blame ?.. 8)
Ps: What about that ba*tard Alexander, chopping off noses and breading 'gingers all over the place ?
Pss: As an afterthought he must have visited & spread his seed all over Scotland, else why all them freckly 'gingers in Scotsland?
If you'd watched the movie you'd know Alexander was actually Irish! :lol: