Grabbed by the Canticles

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Grabbed by the Canticles

Post by HEPZIBAH »

John Landon wrote:Yep, Conversation over.. Sorry about that.

Engage Rant Mode:

I ******* hate Windows 10 with a ******* vengeance,
I was forced, yes Forced to adopt it as my native OS on my desktop machine, it has cost me so many hours of lost work I cannot even begin to tell you !
It has rebooted in the middle of the night after installing update I had no idea were going to be installed,
as a result of the unscheduled reboot, it didn't save any of my work that was open, destroyed the files system on my Linux virtual machine.

The other night, while on the late shift, I though I had dropped lucky, Windows 10 said it had just installed some updates ( without me even asking it to or knowing it was doing this )
and it needed to reboot the machine. I defiantly clicked on NO, as I had lots of tabs open and loads of unsaved work.
I then made the mistake of nipping outside for a ciggie, and at some point during said ciggie break I found Windows 10 had infact ****** me up again, and ******* well rebooted itself.

I hate the entire "touch screen" interface, its slowness and flatness in appearance. I cannot find a single thing I am looking for, Even though I log in as administrator I find I am not even really "The" Administrator, oh for gods sake give me a break ya evil ******* !! **** off and die ! Along with Windows 8 and 8.1 After all, Windows 10 is only Windows 8.1 in its final realse version, as 8 and 8.1 never worked properly ! WHAT WAS WRONG WITH WINDOWS 7 or XP for that matter !!!!!!!!!!!!

I Do not fall for all this Best Windows ever ! it is not, it is utter shyte, :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv :dv

RANT MODE: OFF

Sorry Hepzibah, you are on your own. Good luck.... :rs

I'm going to sit down and calm myself down now, and wait for the LDS to kick in.. ( That's LSD to you non dyslexiks ) Nite all... 8)

I HATE Windows 10 too. I did not want it. I did not ask for it. I avoided the request/demand for the Auto Update. I did everything I could not to have it. Yet somehow it crept in one morning and took over my laptop, and my office PC, and left me confused and fuming. I've lost a lot of files because of it. Even now when I do save things, half the time I can't find them. Some of the files I do find won't open properly. Disaster!

I liked XP and want it back.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Now listen folks, you just need to read the lyrics in the following video ;) Meatloaf sums it all up nicely :up just substitute the word 'Laptop' as you are singing along. :a24:
"It's all or nothing
And nothings all I ever get,
every time I turn it on, I burn it up and burn it out"

phpBB [video]
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

ALL is not lost Hepzibah...

Backup up all your files.

You can then factory reset your laptop back to Windows 7

now the "free" version of Windoze 10 is not on offer any more and by offer I mean forcibly applied.

you can then do all your Windows Updates knowing full well the dreaded KB3035583 will not disturb you any more.
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I had Windows 10 'reserved' last year, because I was waiting to see reports from others what it was like. Then I started to read reports of Windows 10 installing itself without notice to do so, so I went into my laptop and blocked it until the free download time had passed. I'm really glad I did! :up
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Many people were misled into allowing the download because Microsoft craftily put the KB3035583 nagware :a86: update into their ‘Recommended Updates’ so anyone with their PC set to Automatic downloads had it snuck onto their machine without their knowledge. Once that happened it was constantly popping up with some sort of Win 10 request/information, plus it had some very misleading mouse clicks that led some people to think they were closing a window when in fact they were allowing the program to be installed, very naughty.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:a24: :a24: :a24: :d1: :a24: :a24: :a24:

YIPPEE! The sound has mysteriously returned to my laptop. Last night it was still silent but this morning I have switched it on and heard a New Message sound. I've since checked some video and audio links and I can hear them again. I have no idea how I lost sound or how it has returned, I'm just glad I didn't have time to take my laptop down to the repair shop and waste money on having it checked out.

Thank you to those who tried to help me sort it out initially.

:a24: :a24: :a24: :d1: :a24: :a24: :a24:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Such is the way of life with all computers, half the time you have no idea why they don’t work properly. :tk
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Such is the way of life with all computers, half the time you have no idea why they don’t work properly. :tk

Well...I've got a query for all you techies.

A website I have an interest in recently changed the data on one of it's pages but, when I access the website, I keep getting the old data.

No-one else does. On other devices - tablets, iphones, pc's - the amended page pops up.

I've cleared my cookies, browsing history, etc etc, restarted etc etc...but, logging on to that website, I still get the old page. My local sources of computer expertise are equally baffled.

Any ideas?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It hasn't taken me long to discover that I too, detest 10. I have made the decision to just use it for watching my downloads in the lounge and stick with this old wobbly lid one for my internet. The only problem that I'm having is that after five go's I still can not download VLC media player. Have used the official site for windows 10, but no joy. :cry:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Newcastle, it depends upon what you mean by changed their data? If for example it is some sort of graphics then you may not have the appropriate player, say ‘Flash’ or similar. You may also have not logged out of the site and then logged back on again, more info required.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak you could try this site, obviously I cannot vouch for it, but it looks legit. Make sure to click the small arrow on the download box and choose ‘Windows’ for your option.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Newcastle, it depends upon what you mean by changed their data? If for example it is some sort of graphics then you may not have the appropriate player, say ‘Flash’ or similar. You may also have not logged out of the site and then logged back on again, more info required.
It's a tourism site, one page of which is a schedule of prices .

These were changed recently but when I log onto the site I get the "old" data.

As I said, I've cleared my cookies and closed down my laptop...but when I restart and log onto that site I'm still seeing the old data.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Newcastle, I think your problem maybe related to the way your PC loads the website, are you familiar with the ‘cache’? It is something that your web browser will do to avoid always loading the page information every time. So as you visit the web page the cache may already insert some stuff it considers do not really change every time and just updates certain stuff, so it may see your price list as something like this and fails to update it. You could try pressing your F5 key as this should tell the browser to ‘refresh’ the whole page.

If that fails you should try clearing the ‘Browser Cache’ this is usually found under the same options as clearing cookies, history etc. but you need to have Temporary Internet files and website files checked for clearance, deleting those should again force it to reload the page.

If using FireFox try clicking on the ‘Three horizontal lines’ icon (top right) Then click on the ‘Clock’ icon (History) at the next menu. Now choose “Clear Recent History” from the top three choices. Make sure there is a tick in ‘Cache’ box in the next pop up menu and click “Clear Now”

After that it is possible that your Virus/Malware protection is blocking something, so you could try briefly turning it off and seeing if the site updates.

Hope this helps, but try these cures in the order I have listed.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

You're a genius Horus....I've always said so :a4:

Took me a while to find the F5 key....I'm short sighted with a very grubby keyboard :lol:

But, pressing that did the trick!

I am in your debt....and will try not to be rude to you ....for while anyway :rs
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You are most welcome Newcastle, glad I could help, :up
am in your debt....and will try not to be rude to you ....for while anyway
Oh no anything but that, :a17: I would think an alien had taken over your body. :D
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:Dusak you could try this site, obviously I cannot vouch for it, but it looks legit. Make sure to click the small arrow on the download box and choose ‘Windows’ for your option.

Thanks Horus, took a while but finally downloaded it. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Dusak wrote:
Horus wrote:Dusak you could try this site, obviously I cannot vouch for it, but it looks legit. Make sure to click the small arrow on the download box and choose ‘Windows’ for your option.

Thanks Horus, took a while but finally downloaded it. :up
Excellent :up another satisfied customer :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

As the prostitute said to the priest. :D