Alec Baldwin

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Alec Baldwin

Post by hatusu »

Re Alec Baldwin on the set of the film “Rust” and the terrible accident with live ammunition being fired. I read that it is someone’s job (the Armourer) to check that the ammunition in any firearms in the studio isn’t live, but why would there be any live ammunition in the first place on a film set? Why would anyone need to check – surely it should ALL automatically be dummy ammunition? What am I missing? I feel so very, very sorry for this poor man, something he will never get over.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Alec Baldwin

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:22 pm Re Alec Baldwin on the set of the film “Rust” and the terrible accident with live ammunition being fired. I read that it is someone’s job (the Armourer) to check that the ammunition in any firearms in the studio isn’t live, but why would there be any live ammunition in the first place on a film set? Why would anyone need to check – surely it should ALL automatically be dummy ammunition? What am I missing? I feel so very, very sorry for this poor man, something he will never get over.
The reference to “live” ammunition may be an issue of terminology. I doubt there was a normal bullet in the gun....although the specifics of what was in the gun have yet to be announced.

A “dummy” bullet is, in some ways “live”. It is a cartridge filled with explosive material. All that’s missing is the hardened projectile tip....so that there’s a flash and a bang...but nothing expelled apart from gasses.

These themselves can be dangerous at close range.

But if the gun has not been properly cleaned, or the “dummy” bullet not of the requisite standard, accidents can- and do - occur. No doubt all will become clear in due course.

Apparently there was some kind of industrial dispute going on at the time. One hopes someone didn’t take the opportunity to tinker with the equipment. Just a thought :tk
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Several hours after the fatal shooting and there’s still no explanation of what went wrong.

Although there’s been no explicit statement by the police, it seems increasingly evident that the gun fired by Baldwin was loaded with real live ammunition.

How this came to be...how and why a gun loaded with live ammunition should be anywhere on a film set...remains, at the moment, a mystery.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Tabloid Gossip:

ALEC BALDWIN
Gun That Killed DP ...
ALLEGEDLY USED FOR OFF-SET TARGET PRACTICE

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/alec-bal ... -practice/

The smoking gun that claimed the life of Halyna Hutchins might've been more than just an on-set prop -- it was also being fired recreationally, even when cameras weren't rolling.
Multiple sources directly connected to the 'Rust' production tell TMZ ... the same gun Alec Baldwin accidentally fired -- hitting the DP and director -- was being used by crews members off set as well, for what we're told amounted to target practice.

We're told this off-the-clock shooting -- which was allegedly happening away from the movie lot -- was being done with real bullets ... which is how some who worked on the film believe a live round found its way in one of the chambers that day.
Obviously, authorities would want to speak to anyone who had been using the weapon for target practice, and -- more importantly -- to whoever was putting the gun back among others used for filming.
We've reached out to law enforcement to see if that's happened yet.

There's also this ... one source who was on set and familiar with the goings-on of the crew tells us that when cops showed up, they found live ammo and blanks were being stored in the same area -- another possible explanation for how an actual bullet slipped got in the gun.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Sounds plausible.....but horrifyingly careless.

Little wonder there was (allegedly) some concerns amongst crew about safety and other issues.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Newc, your either an early riser or a late to bedder.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.