Get your mask on!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Get your mask on!

Post by newcastle »

So....from Tuesday the hoi polloi of Britain will...by law...have to wear masks in shops and on public transport . What was common sense, and adopted by a dwindling few, is being resurrected as a legal requirement.

It’s not clear who is going to enforce the new rules.....or what penalties might be imposed for flouting them.

I use TFL buses and trains regularly. I haven’t seen a driver refusing an unmasked passenger. Recorded messages exhorting people to wear masks fall on deaf ears. Maybe London’s awash with “exempted “ travellers.

Even when there were rules previously ( seems a long time ago now) I don’t remember my local Co-op refusing entry to, or ejecting, the unmasked. Obviously, I’m being stalked by the “exempted”

So....will the new rules change things?

Sure....but hell might freeze over first. :x

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Get your mask on!

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've never abandoned my mask wearing. I may take it off in the street if there is no one around but if I am e.g. in a busy shopping area (rare) I will still wear one. I also still make sure that I use hand sanitiser when I enter shops and other buildings. I was surprised the other day when I entered a furniture shop to see a box of 'surgical' gloves by the hand sanitiser and a notice saying that all customers must wear the gloves when visiting the store whether they were likely to touch furniture or not.

Apart from the obvious, there is another positive aspect to the requirement to wear facemasks at this time. The few seasonal ones that I bought last winter will look more in keeping again. :a34: :a63: x:))
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

Yes, why should anyone be exempt from doing what they can to stop infecting the rest of us by wearing a mask in the appropriate circumstances? If there is a real genuine reason for not wearing one, then perhaps the non-wearer should consider just staying at home!
Several times I've been tempted to ask someone why they aren't wearing a mask, but have relented on realising that the non-wearer might just thump me, as they are often young big louts.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Teddyboy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:44 pm Yes, why should anyone be exempt from doing what they can to stop infecting the rest of us by wearing a mask in the appropriate circumstances? If there is a real genuine reason for not wearing one, then perhaps the non-wearer should consider just staying at home!
Several times I've been tempted to ask someone why they aren't wearing a mask, but have relented on realising that the non-wearer might just thump me, as they are often young big louts.
We live in an age when a huge proportion of the population believe they have rights, and that their rights outweigh the rights of others.
It seems to me - perhaps because I still have some logic, common sense, and human decency - that everyone needs to look at the bigger picture and consider what is going to be best for the majority in the long term. In this instance it is wearing a mask when in public places, on transport, in confined spaces used by others.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I’m already reconsidering my annual trip to Santa’s Grotto.

It’s taken me a few years to overcome an early childhood experience involving a Santa who was a tad too friendly and, once again, clamber onto a bearded man’s lap :a52:

But, I’m now fearful that no mask of any size I’ve seen is going to adequately cover that enormous bush :a70:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I find it incredible that people who normally seem to quite intelligent, do not understand the basic priciples of wearing a face mask. There is amongst some the idea that they've had their vaccine so they won't be able to pass on any covid germs they might have, nor inhale them from others.

Also, many who have been vaccinated still don't seem to understand that you can still catch covid, and be very poorly from it - still to the point of death.

I'm just fed up with stupidly ignorant people. :x
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I reckon the anti mask wearers are also anti vaxers, the only reasons I can see is:
1. They believe that they are having their individual rights violated.
2. They are terrified of needles.
3. They have very little intelligence.

I think any anti-vaxers that catch covid should be denied hospitalisation and publicly reported.
( as in the newspapers)

There are probably many more reasons but in the end they are potentially killing people because of
their own self importance and their ignorance.
That includes the prats on TV in the government...... 8)

Never Forget ! You are surrounded by idiots..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Despite knowing I’m not taking my own advice (again!)....

Despite knowing I’m wasting my time....

Despite the impact it’s having on my blood pressure....

I find myself crossing swords daily on FB with anti-vaxxers. They are invariably of limited education ( you can usually tell that by the language, spelling etc) but sometimes have managed to unearth a statistic which supports their belief that vaccines are a waste of time or positively dangerous.

Amongst the most idiotic I’ve heard recently are :

1. “I know 7 people who’ve had adverse reactions to their jab”...answer : not bad, considering 3.3 billion have had 2 jabs!

2. “60% of those in hospital have been fully vaccinated “ ....answer : not surprising when 85% of population is vaccinated. More relevant is that over 90% of those dying are unvaccinated .

As for masks...the objections are equally stupid.

1. “Viruses are too small to be stopped by masks”....answer : true...but the droplets that carry the virus aren’t!

2. “Masks/vaccines don’t stop you getting covid”....answer : true....it’s about reducing the spread and medical consequences you f***ing idiot, cretin, waste of sperm...

:a29: :a67: :a23: :pp:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

This is quite old but was published by a pal..
The end right hand column, Howard was my then business partner..... 8)

Ps: I was impressed, Howard never spoke of it....
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

I reckon the anti mask wearers are also anti vaxers, the only reasons I can see is:
1. They believe that they are having their individual rights violated.
2. They are terrified of needles.
3. They have very little intelligence.
So which one would you put this guy in? 1, 2 or 3?

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk- ... a-22270720

I guess there are a few more like him dotted around the universe.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:44 pm
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/uk- ... a-22270720

I guess there are a few more like him dotted around the universe.
Not for long though :a9:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

This has just been pasted into a group I belong, copied from elsewhere. Seems to pretty much say it all really.

I'm fully vaccinated and, no, I don't know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or hot dogs, or other treatments…whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, Botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will…
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of the said diseases and,
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* * To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones
* * To Not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* * To see and hug my family and friends
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* * To protect us.
Text copied, feel free to do the same...❤️❤️
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

In my oppinion, I believe that masked are only part of the protection required.

When you use a public toilet in any shopping centre, I know most of us would wash our hands before leaving there, but the first thing you do is open the door, which usually has a stainless steel bar handle, this virus will remain live on such material for anything up to 72 hours. Now imagine how many people don't both to wash their hands in that one period.

When people return home from being anywhere, the first thing they do is remove their masks, the very next thing is usually either rub their eyes, nose or mouth, or even all three before washing hands. These are the three areas that this such virus enters the body.

It's over 18 months ago that I wrote on here the importance of glove, not the surgical ones, but simple soft garden type, that you can get from any garden centres, Wilkos or even Asda this time of year for around £1-50 a pair. Get in to the habit when returning home, first remove the gloves then wash hands, after dropping gloves into warm water with added bleach and dettol disinfectant. It's best to buy a few, then will never be without a fresh pair.

Many older people on the south coast wear a full face screen rather than masks, in my opinion this gives the best possible protection. I think about only 25% of people where a face mask. At the moment I'm in the north of England where it is much less than 10%, lets hope that changes tomorrow. At the start of this pandemic, it was Brighton that saw the first 'super-spreader' case in the U.K., which had disasterous consequences there.

I wonder where the next one will be ?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 pm In my oppinion, I believe that masked are only part of the protection required.

When you use a public toilet in any shopping centre, I know most of us would wash our hands before leaving there, but the first thing you do is open the door, which usually has a stainless steel bar handle, this virus will remain live on such material for anything up to 72 hours. Now imagine how many people don't both to wash their hands in that one period.

When people return home from being anywhere, the first thing they do is remove their masks, the very next thing is usually either rub their eyes, nose or mouth, or even all three before washing hands. These are the three areas that this such virus enters the body.
Both good examples of when hand sanitiser should be used.

Good basic hygiene has always taught us to wash our hands after going to the loo, but now it is a good idea to use an alcohol sanitiser after you have left the toilet area too. Not disimilar to using the, normally provided, hand sanitiser when entering and leaving a supermarket or other store.

Keep a bottle of hand sanitiser by your own entrance door and it is easy to sanitise your hands as soon as you get in - and with a tissue wipe down the door handle too.

At the end of the day, I'm inclined to believe, that perhaps our best protection is common sense.

Regarding the tranparent face screens, just like the nose and mouth masks, they are only as good as the wearer using them. Positioned incorectly they do not form a good barrier to protect self or others. When worn with a nose and mouth covering - well that is the best of both worlds.
-Aldous Huxley
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four says....
Many older people on the south coast wear a full face screen rather than masks, in my opinion this gives the best possible protection.
Then, according to most expert advice, they (and you) are completely wrong.

It’s long been known that face screens are nowhere near as efficient as masks in intercepting the airborne droplets that carry the virus. As Hepzibah says, wear a face mask if you want...,but only in addition to a mask....if you want “ the best possible protection “.

I keep a hand sanitizer by the door and use it, almost without thinking, when I return from a trip anywhere . Despite being of advanced years, I manage to avoid using toilets and washrooms away from home. They must be breeding grounds for every infection under the sun.

The incontinent residents of Brighton appear to be well-served. They’re as rare as hen’s teeth in London.