It's not a hobby....

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

It's not a hobby....

Post by Who2 »

Question technophobes ?

Why do I have to type in passwords everytime of logging on to L4U, google, fb ect.
What have I done ?.....I never touched it..... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: It's not a hobby....

Post by Teddyboy »

Please, when you find out let us know? It's the same with me, and I'm getting sick of it!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The only thing Ive noticed is the odd request for log in to L4U…even though I always tick the “ remember me” box.

It happens about one in ten times…so nothing to worry about….but it never used to happen. Might be because I changed my password a few weeks ago.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The most likely answer is that you have your browser to delete cookies etc when you exit your browser, or you have a program/browser addon that deletes your browsing history, including temp files, cookies etc.

I have a program called CCleaner that did that till i turned it off in the options.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:16 pm The most likely answer is that you have your browser to delete cookies etc when you exit your browser, or you have a program/browser addon that deletes your browsing history, including temp files, cookies etc.

I have a program called CCleaner that did that till i turned it off in the options.
At the risk of showing myself up as a techy ignoramus, wouldn’t the deletion of cookies, browsing history etc. be very obvious in that it would effect many other sites you visit regularly?
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Most browsers will allow you to save your login details for non secure websites.
That is to say it's not a website begining with Https://

Many browsers will ask you if you want to save the login credentials when you sign in..
You can say Yes to that.
Another option is. Never ask me again.

That being the case, then this may be why you are not being given the option.

Mac's use Safari, so here's what I found out about saving passwords and login details. 😎

If you can’t save a password for a website or your password for a website isn’t filled in automatically, try any of the following:

Make sure you selected to autofill passwords: Choose Safari > Preferences, click AutoFill, then make sure “Usernames and passwords” is selected.

Check whether you chose to never save the password for the website: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Passwords, then unlock your passwords. If a website’s password shows “never saved”, click to remove it from this list. Then click to add the website, your username and your password to the list.

Hope that helps.. 👍
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

newcastle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:13 pm The only thing Ive noticed is the odd request for log in to L4U…even though I always tick the “ remember me” box.

It happens about one in ten times…so nothing to worry about….but it never used to happen. Might be because I changed my password a few weeks ago.
Ditto - and I haven't even changed my password. I ve had to log in again just to type this. (And I always tick Remember Me and it never does)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:13 pm The only thing Ive noticed is the odd request for log in to L4U…even though I always tick the “ remember me” box.

This happens to me too, but usually when I'm using my phone to connect to L4U. (I don't think it happens when using my laptop. Perhaps I need to pay more attention instead of doing things on autopilot.)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley