Decoding Luxor temple

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Decoding Luxor temple

Post by Bullet Magnet »

John Anthony West has done some fascinating research into Ancient egypt.
This is a very interesting video that some may be able to relate to.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Second part

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

then it gets really interesting.

Those who are in Luxor today may want to revisit the temple and look with new understanding.

Enjoy ;)

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Or look with misunderstanding! I've seen most of his videos and cannot relate to them - he is following Schwaller de Lubisch in his decoding of the temple, and I don't really think that such a complicated theory is necessary to 'decode' it.

The biggest mystery is why Rameses II built his part at a different angle to Amenhotep III.

I feel that it could be easier explained by the difference in solar alignments over the years between the two building projects. Also, Rameses built his section to be able to include the small Hatshepsut barque shrine.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

LivinginLuxor wrote:
The biggest mystery is why Rameses II built his part at a different angle to Amenhotep III.
That was addressed in the second video Stan, I found it interesting that the angle is the same as the left leg on the Statues.

Also very interesting that they belived that the existance of life and the universe was a result of combined conciousness.

The trouble is, that we look upon the Ancients and assume that they were more or less the same as us in all aspects.
The fact is, they were far more advanced than we are or can ever hope to be. Even with our "advanced" technology we are so far behind the Ancient Egyptians that it beggars belief.

With the absence of any tools for the manufacture and movement of the Granite monoliths and statues means that they had access to something that we do not.

I do belive that a total re-think on the culture without pre-conceptions or comparisons to modern life needs to be addressed, and if we could fathom it out, we too would be a lot wiser.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Surely the reason for the temples obliqueness is just to line up with the Festival Way?
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

At Aswan, you can see the broken obelisk, and see how it was quarried. In the Red Chapel of Hatshepsut, you can see the obelisks being transported on the river, and it's been demonstrated that with accurate calculations, an obelisk can be easily erected.

In the tomb of Rekhmire, you can see how large statues were made and transported - and maybe the mystery of how the pyramids were built has been solved - see the following set of videos on YouTube by Bob Brier, who is a respected Egyptologist. The link is to the first of five videos of a BBC Timewatch program.

Stan
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

That program has been on TV several times and I agree Bob Brier is an extremely interesting man to listen to. The shorter ramp and spiral wrap around ramp has been speculated on for many years, but I do like the internal ramp idea although I am not entirely convinced it would work in a practical way.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Forgive my ignorance here, but Hatshepsut's boats could barley carry the crew as we saw in the TV documantary about re-constructing her ships for the voyage to Punt. never mind a 150 ton obelisk.

The theories are all well and good until put into practice, when they fall flat on their face.
Granite cut with such precision using copper tools and Diorite ??
and in the Pyramids, accuracy to within .002" over 150 meter length.
Remember, copper cannot cut Granite, yet they say the copper tools were hardened? what with ? Iron..
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

I was told by our guide that the Aswan obelisk was done by drilling holes in the granite then inserting wooden stakes and then the Nile flooded, the wooden stakes swelled and this cut the granite.

All this time I thought that was how it was done :?
"I think I may have swine flu…….I've come out in rashers "

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Did your guide tell you what tools were used to drill into granite ?

trouble with "Official" tour guides is that they have to read from scripts or they cannot become a tour guide.
In the same way that you cannot get a degree in Egyptology unless you conform to centuries old thinking..

Now, how are we going to get this 150 ton obelisk out of the rock and down the river ?
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

Diamond tipped titanium I think he said :mrgreen:
"I think I may have swine flu…….I've come out in rashers "

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

never mind a 150 ton obelisk.
Actually it is nearer to 1,150 tonnes ;)
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

I'll bet Fred Dibnah could have done it with a few pit props and his Series 11 Landrover!
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

The obelisks were moved in the same way as the Colossi - by using wooden rollers lubricated with water, which also turned the ground into a slippery mud down to the river where barges awaited them - not the Punt ships, which then sailed down the river. From the landing stages at Karnak the process was reversed. Simple really!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Teddyboy wrote:I'll bet Fred Dibnah could have done it with a few pit props and his Series 11 Landrover!

True, he's my all time hero 8)
Shame they dont make em like that any more.

1,150 tons on what I would assume is a wooden barge ? Our modern container ships can only manage 5000 tons, spread evenly around the hull..

and the wet wooden rollers didnt get crushed by the weight of the granite ?
I also recall that the granite mines didnt have a clear downhill causway to the river in some places..

I do wonder how they sited the obelisks so accurately at Karnack.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You fantasy merchants are so easy to prove wrong 8) once again you have posted total rubbish as being fact.
The container ship Emma Mærsk can carry in excess of 11,000 containers with each having a permitted weight of 14 tons per container, its maximum capacity is 15,200, 20-foot-long shipping containers of equally distributed weight.
Try doing the math Z. it equates to around 154,000 tons, around 130 times the weight of the Unfinished Obelisk, a far cry from 5,000 tons ;)

As to the weight distribution of the obelisk running over wooden rollers? well that's easy to prove, but I await your theory 8)
Kiya
United Kingdom

Post by Kiya »

Looking through some very old pics the other day I came across this 1 of Aberdeen Granite Works not sure what year its taken but fairly old by the looks of it.
Aberdeen is known as the granite city (grey granite) whereas my own hometown has many buildings built of red granite including mine with outer walls 2 ft thick & great for keeping the heat in.
You can see in the picture some of the tools the men are using, I'm not sure what they are or made of?

[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

The 'conventional explanation' is that a mud brick wall was built around the base of the obelisk, filled with sand and the obelisk dragged up a ramp, possibly by means of a pulley system, based on an A-Frame. When it was at the edge of the wall, it was tilted into the sand. Sand was released from the bottom, allowing the obelisk to tilt and sink - and its alignment checked on the way down. It's certainly possible to do it this way.

When, in the 1880s, part of the hypostyle hall at Karnak collapsed during restoration a similar method was used to replace the fallen lintels (the ramp, not the sand filled wall) - Sorry the picture isn't larger, but I hope it is clear!

Stan
Helsx

Thankyou

Post by Helsx »

Thankyou Zeitgeist....extremely interesting and thought provoking, perfect for a Monday morning!
I have also watched some of the other videos which are also quite amazing. The ancients were truly a race far more in tune with their bodies and minds than we are today. I believe we have everything we need within us,to achieve whatever we want. But we are not listening to our inner self and are not maximising our potential, we have so much to learn. The ancients have been called superior, how did they build the Pyramids etc without alien intervention ...Could it be that they were not a superior race, just that that they were quite simply, in tune with their bodies, their minds and their souls. They truly understood what life was about and were not tainted by the insane madness of today's world. Understanding themselves and their role to play when on the earth plane, for what is a minimal amount of time? They lived their lives planning their journey into the afterlife... could this be what our lives are all about?
Love Your Life and Live your dreams
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

And dont forget the 'heel' on the obelisks and the notch across the base plinths, put there purely to stop it slipping as it was tilted into the vertical position using the method Stan has described.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Thankyou

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Helsx wrote: The ancients were truly a race far more in tune with their bodies and minds than we are today. I believe we have everything we need within us,to achieve whatever we want. But we are not listening to our inner self and are not maximising our potential, we have so much to learn. The ancients have been called superior, ...Could it be that they were not a superior race, just that that they were quite simply, in tune with their bodies, their minds and their souls. They truly understood what life was about and were not tainted by the insane madness of today's world.
Now we're there...

All these things we had taken away from us. Life is not what it seems.....