Another killing in Luxor

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Another killing in Luxor

Post by DJKeefy »

Google Translate:
Finding the body of Cayce garage "slaughtered" in Luxor

Detectives intensify Luxor on Wednesday, their efforts to unravel the mysteries of Sais body was found lying inside the garage the garage, where he works in the area along the street in Luxor television.

The director of security Luxor, received communication بعثور the parents of a young man's body inside the garage along Television Street Luxor.

Show preview Investigation Unit officers that the body section to guard drug called Ahmed Antar Hassani (23 years old) slaughtered inside the garage where he works.

A research team was formed to examine the relationships of the victim and the last observations and relevant people to catch the accused, and release the report on the incident.

تُكثف مباحث الأقصر اليوم الأربعاء، جهودها لكشف غموض العثور على جثة سايس جراج ملقاة داخل الجراج، الذي يعمل به بمنطقة في امتداد شارع التليفزيون بالأقصر.
كان مدير أمن الأقصر، تلقى بلاغًا بعثور الأهالي على جثة لشاب داخل جراج بامتداد شارع التليفزيون بالأقصر.
وتبين من معاينة ضباط وحدة مباحث القسم أن الجثة لحارس عقار يدعى أحمد عنتر حساني ( 23 سنة) مذبوحا داخل الجراج الذي يعمل به.
تم تشكيل فريق بحث لفحص علاقات المجني عليه وآخر مشاهداته والأشخاص ذات الصلة للقبض على المتهمين، وحرر محضر بالواقعة.

Source: http://maktoob.news.yahoo.com/%D8%A7%D9 ... 00881.html

------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this lad well, he was a decent hard working Egyptian, many times he fixed problems on my motorbike (free) (I think he his about 26 though not 23 like mentioned in the article above)

This incident happened on new TV Street near the Avon shop.

The reports from good friends of Ahmed are saying they have been told that he was hit on the head with a big concrete block while sleeping, they then cut off his head and some other parts but they did not know what, they stole the keys to all the cars and buses parked there for the night but I was told no car or bus was stolen.

All I want to say (I know in Anger) ******* Luxor.... The place is becoming the pits..
I certainly wont be doing the 'WALK FOR TOURISM' to show the world that Luxor is calm and SAFE, it would be a lie to do so.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Another killing in Luxor

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Very sad and disturbing news. Hope the perpetrators are caught quickly and dealt with with full force of the law fitting to such a heinous crime. Nobody and no family should ever have this happen. Sad, tragic and disturbing.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

I didn't know this lad very well - would say hello, a quick chat over a ciggie and sometimes a cuppa - I hope they get the bar stewards that did this. Now of course the rumours will start flying as to why he was killed but at the moment I think only the killers know. If it was an honour killing - is this someone's interpretation of Sharia law and is this going to become commonplace in Egypt?

Avon has gone and has been replaced by a wedding outfit shop.

Don't know if it's post revolution problems or the fact that that area has become more heavily populated over the last couple of years but it's not as peaceful as it was (not saying that it's an unsafe area just not as peaceful)
Helsx

Post by Helsx »

Odd, the wedding shop has been there for a while now?
Love Your Life and Live your dreams
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

A real shame that this could happen to anyone. But the beheading and removal of body parts suggests something more sinister or ritualistic has happened.
I don't know the culture well enough to comment...
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Sdo
Egypt

Post by Sdo »

'The Walk for Tourism'. What a joke. Should be 'The Walk for Policing and Security'. Last week a friend of mine was dragged along the road outside Club Med by a motorbike in a failed attempt to grap her bag. Very badly bruised and bleeding.She came to Luxor on holiday. This was her reward!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Like Breaded Brian says the rumours will start, and they have, some people are saying that to cut someones head and hands or arms off they must have done something really bad, like had sex with an Egyptian girl. Talking to close friends of Ahmed they say they would know if that was true, if he was seeing a girl, maybe he did it secretly, but they say it was not him, he was a good person and straight in his way, I would vouch for that.

Could it be possible the killers made it out to look like a honor killing, with security/police so low at the moment, many Egyptians think they can get away with anything.

All we can do is wait to see what the police investigation brings.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A friend was telling me last week that another tourist was bag grabbed in the TV street area and a friend of hers had an unwanted visitor push his way into her flat, demanded sex, got pushed back out, but not before he grabbed some cash of a table. As Keefy says, Luxor is becoming the pits and I can't understand some local folk are blind to this saying its just isolated incidents that are comparable all over the world. This is a load of cack as before the revolution it was unknown in Luxor, now its becoming rampant. As sure as eggs is eggs one of us will, eventually, be next, that's the natural progressive order of things.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I would like to add, that since the revolution and problems in Luxor started, these people have been very restrained as I knew they would.
I did say that in time things would get worse as desperation set in, which now seems to be the case.
To Luxors credit, this situation has taken 2 years to get this bad, imagine the UK having to cope under the same circumstances, I doubt there would be a United Kingdom left by now...

Be Aware in these times...
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I disagree D these things did happen before the revolution. One lady I know was robbed in the street by motorcyclists her bag snatched and she was badly frightened and hurt. Another a man entered another ladies flat..an unknown man may I add..she was attacked. I do agree that these things are becomming more prevelant but they did occur before the revolution. I fortunately have never had any problems here, thanks be to God, but I must admit I no longer feel as safe as I once did.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Of course incidents happened before the revolution, but it could be many weeks before word got round as they were so isolated. But now they are escalating at a very alarming rate, seemingly an uncontrollable surge of crime. A friend was propositioned in her flat about four years ago by the man that carried her gas up. The common comment at the time regarding this was ''that's unusual, or never heard of that happening before.'' Now it's one of ''doesn't surprise me anymore or not another one.'' It will be interesting to read these comments a year from now, will we be more relaxed or continually watching each others backs. Only time will tell.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote:A friend was propositioned in her flat about four years ago by the man that carried her gas up. The common comment at the time regarding this was ''that's unusual, or never heard of that happening before.''
Eight years ago when I had my first gas changed, I was warned by severable people that anything could happen, but nothing did. Same year someone who must have seen me on the balcony knocked on my door. I do not know how he was allowed into the building, but he mentioned the name of the owner and pushed me inside. He tried to take my mobile phone and I was not sure if he would steal it or prevent me from calling for help, but when I called my imaginary husband in the other room, he dissappeared very fast. Everyone told me that this was to be expected and I have been extremely careful ever since.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

At this alarming rise in crime we will be catching up with Oxford or St Helier, dread to think what murders will be occurring during Mid-Summer.......:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Last night getting into the taxi my driver informed me that a man from Karnak had entered the next village and shot a father and son. No motive was known, and both survived the wounds received. As Who2 says, we could be on the verge of overtaking Barnaby in the numbers game. I think it would be good for all if they sent the Pinkerton's in to clean up the mess.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

According to my roving reporter around Luxor, this is apparently what happened and the reasons for the butchering of the boy. My Egyptian friend has a cousin that owns a shop a little way down from this garage. To all intents and purposes the boy was quiet and respected during the day, but at night apparently he had a different side to him. He slept at the garage to keep guard on the vehicles, but he used the rear room to supply the services of a well known local prostitute for paying customers. This, by all accounts was common knowledge, so the people think that it was religious based made to look like a robbery. And when you consider the time and effort that went into the violation of the body it makes sense as if they only intended to steel vehicles a more simple, quick death would of sufficed, that is if anyone could agree with such an act in the first place. Prostitution is common place, not an occupation that justifies a death sentence.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

As far as I know there is no rear room - I might have the wrong place of course, but it's just a single room right by the road ie the door is less than 10 feet away from the 'pavement' so hardly an ideal place for that type of business.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Dusak wrote:According to my roving reporter around Luxor, this is apparently what happened and the reasons for the butchering of the boy. My Egyptian friend has a cousin that owns a shop a little way down from this garage. To all intents and purposes the boy was quiet and respected during the day, but at night apparently he had a different side to him. He slept at the garage to keep guard on the vehicles, but he used the rear room to supply the services of a well known local prostitute for paying customers. This, by all accounts was common knowledge, so the people think that it was religious based made to look like a robbery. And when you consider the time and effort that went into the violation of the body it makes sense as if they only intended to steel vehicles a more simple, quick death would of sufficed, that is if anyone could agree with such an act in the first place. Prostitution is common place, not an occupation that justifies a death sentence.
Like we keep saying there is going to be a lot of specualtion. :roll:

There is no back room Dusak, It's just a small box room with 2 benches in, the door is always open and it is on the main steet, so if you are walking along the new TV steet area you can see it (It's not hidden or set back).

In all my years of living just 2 minutes walk from the place I have never heard or seen anything like you have mentioned, very close friends say the same, I have sometimes popped in at 3/4am to say hello on my way to KZ if ive seen the light on, the only illegal thing that I would say went on in there is sometimes there were some of his friends in there smoking hashish (which most Egyptians do anyway), Ahmed drove one of those vans that deliver goods/food to shops so If he was up to something or did something wrong then it must have been when he was away from the secure car park.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Maybe they meant the back of the room, I don't know as I don't know the place. Or perhaps it was in the back of a vehicle. Many things get lost in translation, but all seem to say that they knew it was going on. But as to weather it did or it didn't, it still doesn't justify the action. I will try and clarify the story tomorrow as we are out and about so will call into her cousins shop for a better insight.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

True a lot of things can be lost in translation and although the gist might be right the actual words used are wrong if you know what I mean.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Its still speculation/gossip Dusak

His younger brother (about 17) cleaned the vehicles late at night, normaly still at it till the early morning, for sure his older brother (Ahmed) did not do anything like this is front of his younger brother.

The cutting off of someones head and arms points to that he did do something sexual to a girl (in the Egyptian mind), though of course this could have been done to make it look that way, if he did do something with a girl, i'm sure he did not do this at the crime scene like some of the gossip that his flying around, im saying this from the point of view that I knew him quite well and saw him virtually everyday at different hours in the day/night and also from very close friends who used to sit with him most days/nights.

Who knows though, anything is possible.