New governor for Luxor governorate

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: New governor for Luxor governorate

Post by Dusak »

Its always been a debatable point hasn't it. What kills the innocent child? The bullet or the finger on the trigger. Orders create trigger pullers as well.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Zooropa wrote:I think it does matter, I find it very troubling if its ok to clear someone for a position such as governor because they only belonged to the "political wing" and because they actually didn't kill anyone but perhaps just drew up or had a hand in drawing up the policy for its "military wing" to carry out.

Very worrying.
Yes Germany could have kept Hitler in charge after the war because he was only a member of a political group but probably never killed anyone himself.
Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

CE writes: 'the only commitment to Egypt is by its Military.'

Yes of course the military are 'committed' - but so are the 15 million who have signed their names to the
Tamarod/Rebel petition.

And both groups have power in Egypt. See what a few hundred Egyptians could achieve in front of the
Luxor governor's office without the intervention of the police or the military. Brilliant!

Power to the People!
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Lots of terrorists have ended up in Government - Jerry Adams Northern Ireland, Shamir PM of Israel and Rabin PM of Israel and in the case of the last 2 they had actual blood on their hands in killing British civilians prior to the establishment of Israel. Remember the King David Hotel. Sharon PM of Israel was at least responsible for the bloody massacre of Palestinian civilians in a refugee camp. Yasser Arafat directly ordered terrorism. Jomo Kenyatta led the Mau Mau rising which targeted civilians. Mugabe led a terror group against the Smith regime. You won't like the next one. Mandela, when a communist and head of a terror cell, directed the killing of civilians. Members of his subsequent government were also involved in terror. Castro is in the same group. A lot of the North Vietnamese did terror on civilians and ended up governing the country. The French were driven out of Algeria by terrorist (and military) actions of those who then formed the following government.

The line between terror and later being in government isn't as clear as some think.
Remus
Egypt

Post by Remus »

Hafiz: 'Lots of terrorists have ended up in Government'

The parallels don't work.

This was not a freedom fighter warring against an occupying power, unless you see innocent tourists as such.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Anybody, from any country, from any organisation, for whatever reason, that's connected in any way to the killing of normal people, some, just on holiday does not deserve to walk down the street in freedom let alone be appointed to any kind of public position in my opinion.

End of.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Every politician has blood on their hands, they just haven't realised the fact.....
even the ones you think are nice and cuddly and those about to die. we salute you RIP Nelson!........:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

So, Zooropa, Nelson Mandela should never have become President?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Stan, unlike some perhaps, I have no reservations about criticising Mandela if its warranted.

If he meets my criteria of killing innocent people then absolutely not.

And the same goes for the following if they also meet it:

Martin McGuiNness, Gerry Adams, General Pinochet, Mubarak, Morsi, Slobodan Whatshisname, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, Mary Poppins, The Cookie Monster, Keith Chegwin, Morecambe & Wise and Una Stubbs.

ANYONE, WITH NO EXCEPTIONS, EVEN MY MOTHER.

And you can quote me on that ok?
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Milošević and Ratko Mladić....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Who2 wrote:Milošević and Ratko Mladić....:cool:

Yep and them if the cap fits.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

I did not wish to slag Mandela but my point is that people can change and who would question that he turned himself into a great democrat and a towering force for good.

Others 'terrorists' have changed into democrats in surprising ways. Some have not. This is my point about rushing to judgement in Egypt.

Examples given are incorrect Mubarak and Morsi were never terrorists. If you think that then there is little I can say.

The argument about freedom fighters is a red herring. What people were aiming for is irrelevant, terrorism is about the means used. Whether they are freedom fighters is a matter of opinion, their means a matter of fact.

I'm surprised that UK members of the forum haven't made the connection. Bringing terrorists into government (IRA) is sometimes what they are fighting for (compare with a regime, like Egypt, where they were outlawed before the bombing). Has no one heard of of poacher to game keeper or inside the tent p,,,ing out.

These people may be unreconstructed terrorists but their renunciation of violence, participation in the elections and preparedness to serve in government indicates otherwise.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Hafiz, you should not pay too much attention to who I listed, the point I was making was that anyone, as far as I am concerned is subject to the same judgements if they kill innocents.

The word "terrorist" is also a possible red herring.

One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter etc.

That's why I didn't use the word terrorist.

I hope im consistant in this way of thinking.

For the record I disagree with the people in NI who were members of the IRA being in government, in my opinion it basically says that acts of terrorism can achieve things which is the very message we should never want to suggest or communicate.

Also, surely you didn't think I was listing people whom I consider to be terrorists?

Keith Chegwin & Una Stubbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yes, but watching Kieth Chegwin preform would install the need to kill in anyone's mind. :evil:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Dusak wrote:Yes, but watching Kieth Chegwin preform would install the need to kill in anyone's mind. :evil:

True to an extent Dusak, but his performances in Extras and lifes too short were genuinely very funny!