PRESIDENT SHAFIQ OR MORSI

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

PRESIDENT SHAFIQ OR MORSI

Post by Bombay »

I was told today that there is finally going to be a court decision this week on whether Shafiq actually won the Presidential elections in 2012 or Morsi. If the court decides that Shafiq actually won there will not be a presidential election Shafiq will be the President until his "elected" term is completed in 2016.

Anyone hear this.
Last edited by Bombay on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: PRESIDENT SHAFIQ OR MORSI

Post by Glyphdoctor »

There is a court decision to be handed down next week but it is not a foregone conclusion that he would become president although it has been said it is one of the possible scenarios.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Solve a few problems, start a few more no doubt.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

How could some court cases take so long and others dispatched in weeks?

Wouldn't a sensible court, faced with a case which called for the voiding of an election, decide the matter in days and before the poll was declared so as to avoid political chaos? I'm assuming that the Shafiq appeal was lodged before the result was declared because it would make no sense that anyone could appeal the matter some time later. How can it be that the result was declared whilst an appeal was pending? Who would declare an election result knowing that it could be upset 20 months later.

If irregularities are found the court might decide that there is no reason to void the election but if it decides to void they could decide in favor of Shafiq or call another election. To decide this puts the court in the political line of fire and is why courts hear these matters before the poll is declared and quickly.

I wonder if Morsi has a lawyer before this court to put the other side?

Careful readers will know that Shafiq left the country for the gulf immediately after the (Morsi) poll was declared and has only recently returned now that general conditions have changed. How can Shafiq, whilst defending himself against criminal charges, seek the court to appoint him as President. What type of court would allow this to happen? Maybe the criminal prosecution has been discontinued now that his mates are back in power.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Court cases take so long because the system is so poor, it needs a major overhaul. When you see televised cases, there seems to be no discipline at all, so i think the judge delays it so he can retire for a headache tablet. (Thats if the Judge decides to turn up at Court, in Luxor they seem very reluctant to do this, so cases just pile up and get to the point of never ending)

Can you imagine if a court case like the televised one's took place in Europe, the Lawyers would be behind bars for contempt of court. Don't forget also Lawyers talk among themselves and delay things in order to extract has much cash has they can.

A good example of the system, is house ownership, to change ownership in Europe takes around 2 months, In Egypt normally 10 months to year. It takes on average 4 years to get a crook to court via the system in Egypt, in Europe around 2 months to 4 months. Paper work and the non existence of IT is the main problem. It will be years before this system gets modified, so no hope in our lifetimes.