Welcome to the world of Ooparts, or Out of Place Artefacts..

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Welcome to the world of Ooparts, or Out of Place Artefacts..

Post by Who2 »

Enjoy and be amazed I was....:cool:
http://www.maltanow.com.mt/?p=2927

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Re: Welcome to the world of Ooparts, or Out of Place Artefac

Post by Mad Dilys »

I followed some of the links and particularly like the Occam's Razor principle - I think I shall be using this often.
In fact I think that it might be quite useful to some on this forum, no names no packdrill. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Nice find, this guy seems to have collated much stuff that I found years ago, after googling "Things found in Coal"

A thought came to me the other night about the possibility of flying machines for the ancients, and indeed how they were made, and powered, the obstacle of zero friction no longer eluded me...

Clever Stuff.. :cool:

Life is a The never ending story as far as I am concerned, but Like one of the comments said..
"I'm just waiting for the men in white coats to come and pick me up"... :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

"The usual methods of the conformist scientific community, when faced with such anomalies is to attempt to debunk their reported age, or perhaps endeavour to discredit the source of the report or even the reporter. If this approach fails then usually the artefacts themselves are banished to the shadowy vaults of museums and warehouses, never to be seen again."

If this approach fails....?

I'm not aware that it has. I recognise a few of these "anomalies" that were debunked when I was still at university (many moons ago).

I suppose it comes down to whether you're prepared to believe the extremely improbable (or in the view of 99.999% of scientists, the downright impossible) or accept that humans can be mistaken in their observations/recollections or plain mischievous. In the end it's a matter of probabilities.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting article.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

This artefact sits in the Cairo museum,

Now if that isnt a hydro turbine, then I'm on the wrong planet.. Why did the Ancients need hydro turbines ?

Water is more versatile than we think.. :cg
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

:o More info BM where can we find out where, when and who discovered it _ any links please? :)
Smile! It confuses people
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

The first thing I did was check the date of the original publication. I was hoping to trace it back to the first day of April.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Mad Dilys wrote::o More info BM where can we find out where, when and who discovered it _ any links please? :)

My Apologies.. :oops: I Missed the link, which if you look closely is not unrelated to the Doctor's find..

http://s8int.com/phile/page52.html

Many other links, but here is one more..

http://www.utaot.com/2014/04/20/tri-lob ... ent-egypt/

Want to know why the unfinished Obelisk in Aswan is cracked ( in MY Opinion) ?

It's symbolic and the "crack" was deliberate... The crack tells a story..
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

We don't know what it was made for (unfortunately the Handbook remains undiscovered). Therefore it is clearly the work of fairies or extraterrestrials.....an obvious conclusion but hidden from us by the scientific world in case we should question any of their conclusions about anything :cg
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

This is why we have "The System" Reward those handsomely who can regurgitate impeccably what they were told with a "Status".
No Thinking out of the box allowed, we dumbed you down 5000 years ago, and that is where you will stay... :up

Thanks Moses.. :tk BTW What is in that box, ? and which button do we press to Smite Enemies with "God's Wrath" from within said box... ? :tk
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Looks like a posh Frisbee to me. :P Many years ago I received each month a publication called The Fortean Times. A treasure chest of all thing strange, unusual and inexplicable, similar to what has been highlighted here, and objects that I remember seeing in this publication some twenty odd years ago. If you are really into this sort of thing, which I am, then I would recommend you seek it out on the net. I've checked and its still available. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The Fortean Times used to be on telly late at night, Interesting stuff..

Many experiences of the "supernatural" that get publisised often leave people wondering what is going on.
Problem is, that these experiences are usually intended for the person or people who witness them, as only they should be able to understand what they mean.. ( Often requires a bit of "Soul searching" )
to others the shared experience makes no sense at all to them.... Nor should it.. :cg
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

The answers are simple. Timetravellers from the future put the objects there in the past just to mess with us today...probsbly kids with too much time on their hands ;)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Darkstar
United Kingdom

Post by Darkstar »

Excellent article I have read quite a few of these over the years, seems strange that none of the archaeological or historian types on this forum have seen fit to post a rebuttal. Could it possibly be that they know the truth, yet, fail to acknowledge it? That would really upset their carefully crafted applecart.
Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

My point exactly, if you are trained in a certain way, you will not be able to / be allowed to think beyond your training,
whatever anomaly you find must be made to fit in with current thinking one way or another.

Pilots do not report UFO's because UFO's officially do not exist, and as such if you report one, you must be mentally unstable and not fit for the job...
goodbye 900 hour working year and 200,000 quid per annum job.. :st
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Darkstar wrote:Excellent article I have read quite a few of these over the years, seems strange that none of the archaeological or historian types on this forum have seen fit to post a rebuttal. Could it possibly be that they know the truth, yet, fail to acknowledge it? That would really upset their carefully crafted applecart.
If you 'google' any of the Ooparts mentioned in the article you will find discussions on them to fill the rest of your days. It's not a question of the scientific community having a 'carefully crafted applecart'. Scientific hypotheses & theories help us explain the world around us in a rational way and the best evidence that the theory holds tight is when you can use it to predict some hitherto unknown phenomenon. Einstein was particularly adept at this with his work on relativity which few of his contemporaries could even understand let alone concur with. So when something is observed which appears to contradict accepted theories it's not a case "hushing it up"...but seeking some rational explanation which fits in with accepted knowledge. What's so wrong with this? We do it all the time in our daily lives.

A good example is the human/dinosaur footprints. Most....actually all...scientists in the relevant fields simply don't think the "human" prints are actually human. Annoying I know! They can no more prove that they are, in fact, made by other smaller dinosaur-like creatures than the 'evolutionary-deniers' can prove they are made by humans. But the former explanation is unremarkable whilst the latter raises all sorts of questions for which the proponents have no answer (like...where did these 'early humans' come from & where did they go to). No-one seriously doubts evolution any more....we see it going on around us and the science of genetics has shown us the mechanism by which it operates'

But if you're happy to believe in "mysteries".... "alternative histories"...."a worldwide conspiracy by the scientific community to deny the truth" ....there's no harm in it (although you may have to put up with people thinking you're a bit weird).
Last edited by newcastle on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Quote: (although you may have to put up with people thinking you're a bit weird).
Do you know! Everybody Iv'e met since I was born have sort of said that, gets a bit weird after 60 years, but hey everybody can't be wrong or can they ?..... :cool:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote:Quote: (although you may have to put up with people thinking you're a bit weird).
Do you know! Everybody Iv'e met since I was born have sort of said that, gets a bit weird after 60 years, but hey everybody can't be wrong or can they ?..... :cool:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Personally....I wouldn't worry about being considered "weird". Many of the greatest names in human history have had to 'suffer' that. And you don't get burned at the stake any more for having outlandish ideas :wi
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Who2 wrote:Quote: (although you may have to put up with people thinking you're a bit weird).

Amazing final scene.. :up
The Tears in the rain part was ad libbed by Rutger Hauer, the director liked it so it stayed...