21 Egyptians beheaded by ISL

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: 21 Egyptians beheaded by ISL

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Who2 wrote:It's about time the World's media started using this term rather than giving them any credence…
"Daesh" (a derogatory name for the Islamic State group)…. :cool:
Ps: Perhaps many ex-pates don't talk to locals as humans ?
There's nothing derogatory about using the term "Daesh"......it's simply the acronym for their full name.

DAESH derives from the Arabic name with which they refer to themselves, “al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham.”

It's far more insulting to muslims generally to refer to them as ISLAMIC State.
IS would disagree with you. I saw a news post about the child who was lashed by IS for using this term about them too. Dusak is certainly not imagining or making it up.
I saw it too....but my point is that it's not derogatory, merely more accurate & descriptive.

Daesh want to portray themselves as islamic and will do what they can to encourage the use of this word (rather than their full name) amongst those they have subdued. Elsewhere they should be referred to as the barbarous butchers of Daesh.

If IS disagree....so much the better.

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Who2 wrote:It's about time the World's media started using this term rather than giving them any credence…
Ps: Perhaps many ex-pates don't talk to locals as humans ?
There's nothing derogatory about using the term "Daesh"......it's simply the acronym for their full name.

DAESH derives from the Arabic name with which they refer to themselves, “al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham.”

It's far more insulting to muslims generally to refer to them as ISLAMIC State.
IS would disagree with you. I saw a news post about the child who was lashed by IS for using this term about them too. Dusak is certainly not imagining or making it up.

It was Who 2 wasn't it, not Dusak? Anyhow if DAESH is a derogatory term I'll start using it. If the 'locals' use it then that just goes to show what they think of them! If this, to quote BM's term, makes me a 'Muzzy hater' then so be it! The majority of Muslims, the world over, deplore terrorist organisations like Daesh not just for their undeniable brutality and oppression of local people but also because they bring their religion into disrepute. They shun the term Islamic State because Daesh do not represent any form of Islam that they want to be associated with. Neither do they like them being referred to as a 'State' because this term implies a legitimacy they do not have. They do not have a 'State', they just occupy territories within countries like Iraq, Syria and Libya which they have taken by force. Are Muslims who oppose groups like Daesh, Boko Haram, Al Shebab et al 'Muzzy haters' themselves? No, they just want to live in peace and preserve the integrity of their religion.

And whilst we are talking about 'derogatory' terms, I would venture to suggest that some Muslims may find the term 'Muzzy' offensive!
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Bullet Magnet wrote:
A Kid got a whipping for calling ISIS Daesh.
Something I could easily have endured having watched the video, which now seems to have been taken off the "NEWS" ? website's, due to the more clever people making their observations known,
and the Muzzy haters then trying to quickly remove the comments they failed to think about before posting..
Sorry everyone. I got myself in a complete muddle earlier - wrong quote, credited to the wrong person.
(That'll teach me not to sneak on here when I'm supposed to be doing other things! Or may be not. )
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Did I miss something ? did I say something intelligent I' highly doubt that! … :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

21 beheaded and now 45 burned alive...barbaric ********...they are also reporting on the TV news here (Mexico) that ISIS has announced they are now going to target Rome.

:stp :stp :stp
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Bullet Magnet wrote:
A Kid got a whipping for calling ISIS Daesh.
Something I could easily have endured having watched the video, which now seems to have been taken off the "NEWS" ? website's, due to the more clever people making their observations known,
and the Muzzy haters then trying to quickly remove the comments they failed to think about before posting..
Sorry everyone. I got myself in a complete muddle earlier - wrong quote, credited to the wrong person.
(That'll teach me not to sneak on here when I'm supposed to be doing other things! Or may be not. )
You are very easily forgiven for your slip HEPZIBAH, I seem to be on a lot of peoples subconscious thoughts at the moment. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Targeting Rome eh ? , only 2000 years too late... :cool:

Life eh ? :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Many people people here call them Daesh and I understood also that it was an abreviation of their name in Arabic.