The burial of Nefertiti ?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: The burial of Nefertiti ?

Post by Brian Yare »

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... rtiti.aspx

Zahi Hawass has posted a long article on this subject. Make of it what you will.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Brian Yare wrote:http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... rtiti.aspx

Zahi Hawass has posted a long article on this subject. Make of it what you will.
Yesterday's man bleating from the sidelines, hoping to catch a bit of the limelight.

All a bit pathetic really.

I see he's acquired no modesty since his fall from grace.

Amongst his assertions I noticed the statement that Nefertiti was not Tut's mother. Really? There's no proof that she wasn't, although egyptologists over the years seem to have favoured anyone but the obvious candidate. For what it's worth (not much in my view) the DNA evidence is consistent with her being his mother and a cousin of Akhenaton. Hawass cheerfully ignored any DNA evidence which did not fit in with his theories. Hardly the mark of a true scientist.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... rtiti.aspx

Yesterday's man bleating from the sidelines, hoping to catch a bit of the limelight.

All a bit pathetic really.

I see he's acquired no modesty since his fall from grace.

Amongst his assertions I noticed the statement that Nefertiti was not Tut's mother. Really? There's no proof that she wasn't, although egyptologists over the years seem to have favoured anyone but the obvious candidate. For what it's worth (not much in my view) the DNA evidence is consistent with her being his mother and a cousin of Akhenaton. Hawass cheerfully ignored any DNA evidence which did not fit in with his theories. Hardly the mark of a true scientist.
Well said and for once i actually Agree with you he threw me off when he started talking about the media.

Anyhow, I now understand why people would suggest that Nefertiti is Akhenaten's cousin, because technically their parents were first cousins so wouldn't that make them second-cousins?
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Interesting statement by the Minister today

Dr. Mamdouh El Damaty, Minister of Antiquities during the press conference said "Nicholas Reeves paper can not be ignored. He is the author of "The complete Tutankhamun". I spoke to him on the phone and he will be coming to Egypt during the second half of September to discuss his clues on his "discovery".

I agree with Nicholas Reeves that there could be something there behind the walls of King TutAnkhAmon's tomb. Maybe a room or a tomb .... Something there which will be a new addition to Egyptology but I don't agree that much with him that it is Nefertiti's tomb there. He believes it is Nefertiti, of course I hope so but it could be a tomb for someone else. Anyway, it will be an important discovery and it will add new information and revels new secrets of the golden pharaoh's tomb which grabbed the world attention since it was discovered in 1922."
As for what the ministry would do regarding technical issues such as using suitable equipments to check behind King Tut's tomb walls, Dr Mamdouh El Damaty said "We will use the latest radars and if proved there are spaces behind the walls then we will study the best way to get through without damage."

From Luxor Times http://luxortimesmagazine.blogspot.com/

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Excuse me for bringing this up but I read Omm Sety's book and in it she actually mentioned that Nefertiti's tomb is in a very unlikely place and close to Tutankhamun's tomb she could be right

but she is not in there she herself has already been found.

in her book she mentioned that his majesty, Seti didn't want the tomb to be found at all. Whether it ws s just because he hated Akhenaten for losing the empire I she didn't know or there was something special there that he did not want to be known.

This sparked my interest.

Only a few knew of Tut's whereabouts. In fact Maya had the whereabouts of Tut's tomb destroyed i wonder how Set I knew where it was.

Historically

Everyone knows that Sety despised Akhenaten for the lack of care for the kingdom in which Akhenaten did to stir power from the priests. Sety did everything in his power to erase Akhenaten from history and failed. Ironic how the very thing he tried to keep hidden is widely known than himself.

Hung Foot

Seti's hatred would change when he would meet well me. We did a lot together the king I. Ironically, my remains is lost to history as well and I was buried with some priceless items. I always assumed that when I died I was buried in the area I was in Nubian but not I feel that my assumptions is wrong.

There were people who knew about the whereabouts of Tutankhamun's tomb during Sety's reign, my aunt and sisters heck they were tomb servants to the new ruling house who by the way shouldn't been where they were.

I wonder to myself could Nefertiti's tomb be where my former body lies. Could I be buried secretly in tomb what we should know call kv66?.

It makes sense because had it not been for the murder of Nefertiti and the Banishment of Kiya, I surely would've been next in line to rule.

The opening of the mouth scene can be scene in many ways. Perhaps to my sisters it was scene as such. I will never know

But I wonder if that special thing that Seti do not want to be known is me the last true heir of the Thumoside line.

This makes me wonder if there Is a secret entrance to this tomb. Only one way to find out I guess.

Neferiti's unused tomb could actually be the lost tomb of Hung Foot the final piece of the puzzle of a story so shrouded in mystery. I wait with baited breath
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Funny thing about Om Seti, she could point to the X marks the spot on a map, probably her instincts...
Our Glyph Dr on here knows a lot about her, 'trust me I'm a Dr.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Who2 wrote:Funny thing about Om Seti, she could point to the X marks the spot on a map, probably her instincts...
Our Glyph Dr on here knows a lot about her, 'trust me I'm a Dr.... :cool:
Cool.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Good night every one thanks for letting me post here I know its been a while but school and work is keeping me busy. I'm almost done with my second degree. Yay!

I'm really trying to re-establish my broken family I hope one day that it can be.

Ohm Sety is proof that all things are possible may she rest in peace.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I was the first to inform this forum :mrgreen: on Wednesday 29th July 2015 at 11.45a.m. of the Academia paper from Nicholas Reeves setting out his theory that KV62 might also house the burial of Nefertiti.

I see the blessed Nick, accompanied by his nibs Mamdouh Eldamaty, newly reappointed Minister of Antiquities, arrive in Luxor 28th September to pursue the idea.

Will Nick stay at the Old Winter Palace or maison Akshar? Difficult choice (NOT).

Maybe they'll give him Howard Carter's bed in Carter House II. Wouldn't that be a nice touch!

That's if Nick can afford the $10,000 a night Zaki was (allegedly ) asking for it.

I hope to be in Luxor to witness the circus and will, of course, keep the forum posted with relevant gossip.

Oops...sorry. ..we don't do gossip.

Relevant news then...
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Nick arrives on the 28th, let the games begin... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

My own theory does not involve radar and knocking down walls.. :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

OK spill it out BM - - WHAT is your theory ???
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

She has already been found and well known.. As someone else...
Life has a tendency to be Ironic, so with that lesson under your belt, it may be possible to figure it out. :tk
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Bullet Magnet wrote:My own theory does not involve radar and knocking down walls.. :cg
There is another way in getting into that tomb another entrance somewhere I just know it.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Frater0082 wrote:
Bullet Magnet wrote:My own theory does not involve radar and knocking down walls.. :cg
There is another way in getting into that tomb another entrance somewhere I just know it.
'You would not, for one single moment here Frater, be suggesting an entrance from a 'family' tomb in the Western Valley,..................would you?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Hi Frater, good luck with your studies, what's the second degree in?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

carrie wrote:Hi Frater, good luck with your studies, what's the second degree in?

Hye Carrie! its been a while how are you

Its a bachelor's in Business Administration, sometime in the future of want to open up a resort based the palace of Amenhotep III. but only time will tell. I'm two semesters shy of getting my degree so i'm very close. But i'm not done there i'm going to get a double masters perhaps in Human Resources or Business after i'm finished here.

I'm currently working on two books, one a non-fiction and one is about my current life, I figure its about time that I get to writing about my current life to help someone who maybe going through what i went through you know.

I still come here time to time, heck almost everyday waiting on some awesome news from the valley of the kings and this one caught my attention.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:
'You would not, for one single moment here Frater, be suggesting an entrance from a 'family' tomb in the Western Valley,..................would you?
LOL! No, just i'm saying that there just have to be(wishful thinking) because I do not want Reeves and his team to ruin that tomb, that's all.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Quote: I do not want Reeves and his team to ruin that tomb, that's all.

Well, they can always build another.. :cool: It's not like that was ever the first tomb that Mummy took residence in.

Out of interest Frater, I would be curious to know WHO the key people were that your past life remembers in Armana..
not ones spoken about, those who you actually encountered.. Thanks.. :up
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Quote: I do not want Reeves and his team to ruin that tomb, that's all.

Well, they can always build another.. :cool: It's not like that was ever the first tomb that Mummy took residence in.

Out of interest Frater, I would be curious to know WHO the key people were that your past life remembers in Armana..
not ones spoken about, those who you actually encountered.. Thanks.. :up
Okay since your interested in in I've met

Akhenaten
Nefertiti
Smenkhare
Tutankhamun
Kiya-My mother of course
Tiye
Sitamun
Queen Nebetnehat
Iset

Hennutaneb- I never met ???? who knows what happened

These people(above) are people whom i met but hardly even associated with, I was an infant i was stuck under my mother's watchful eye and her female attendants

Two Female Attendants: My mother had these two female attendants that stood by her side. Ironically these two women reincarnated to being my mothers oldest and second younger sister in this life which makes me wonder if Tadukhipa came with some servants of her own or female relatives. Perhaps it could've been extremely close.

My mother's two guards: My mother had these huge guards that protected her and us around the Maru-aten. When my father banished my mother away
they were banished along with them

Beketaten(or Beketamun): My aunt Beke had a rare skin disease that kept her sidlined most of her adulthood. She was executed after attacking Queen Sitre she was hanged and later burned.

Meritaten
Ankhesenpa'aten
Tentenaten(or Tenta'aten): My full sister from my papa and mother
Neferneferuaten Tasherit and Neferneferure: who could be considered as twins because they looked so much alike and did almost anything together you never seen one without the other.

Setepenre
Psetenupe:
who I believe the daughter of Iset, she was our stuck up cousin she did not like me one bit

Unknown other relatives: there were other royal children around. Like I've said in my book we lesser known royals had more privileges than the Great Wife Kids who had to be in almost every ceremony. But they knew of our existance and treated us no less

Ankhesenpa'aten Tasherit and Meritaten Tasherit: I think I may have met one of the Tasherit girls who may have been my cousins, i think i knew Meritaten jr. more and her sister

The key people in my life before was my mother and my sisters because they were the only one around at the time everyone else was..well either dead or we just didn't know what happened to them. I was born towards the end of the Amarna period and I honestly think at the same time Meketaten was on her death bed. I one point I thought that i was her child but a part of me felt like i reincarnated from her into Hung Foot because i reminded my father and Nefertiti of her. Her death really damaged them both but it scared Nefertiti the most i mean both of them grieved in their own way but Nefertiti grieved the worse. I still don't understand what drove her to try to kill her my mother but it makes sense to me what might have. Meketaten is the only one from my family that i did not meet.

I never met Ay or remember meeting Ay nor Tey. And I definitely never crossed path with Horemheb before which perhaps