Christians Fleeing Sinai

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Christians Fleeing Sinai

Post by Major Thom »

CNN are reporting Christians in the Sinai Region are fleeing due to ISIS killings and executions. Could the Sinai become the new ISIS calafate? There are plenty of ISIS fighters in the area and many are leaving Syria and Iraq. To repell them will take a lot of money, unless the savior from the other side of the Atlantic steps in!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Christians Fleeing Sinai

Post by Dusak »

I'm lead to believe that these murders and acts of intimidation were/are perpetrated not by the IS directly, but by their Egyptian independent supporters, numbering few but just as dangerous towards the few hundred or so Christians and army/police personal living/serving in that region.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

I appreciate what you say D, but these fleeing ISIS fighters are going somewhere and via Syria seems to be an open door to the Sinai. According to the news, some of the fighters are carrying ISIS Documents. I could see this being a real threat.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:I appreciate what you say D, but these fleeing ISIS fighters are going somewhere and via Syria seems to be an open door to the Sinai. According to the news, some of the fighters are carrying ISIS Documents. I could see this being a real threat.
The last time I looked, Syria was a long way from Sinai....with the counties of Jordan & Israel in the way :urm:

It's even further to Australia...so stop wittering.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

He may have been referring to the secret several thousand kilometer long tunnels no one knows about. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

So were does Syria border? The journey through other terrorist places I think would be easy, in the same way the terrorists fled as refuges to Europe to blow up France and to drive their lorries through celebrations and Christmas Markets, there are no borders for these people
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:So were does Syria border? The journey through other terrorist places I think would be easy, in the same way the terrorists fled as refuges to Europe to blow up France and to drive their lorries through celebrations and Christmas Markets, there are no borders for these people
Who knows where Syria's ISIS terrorists might head for......but south, through Israel and across the Sinai/Israel border, is the least likely!

Sinai already has its home-grown islamist jihadis....modest in number but difficult to eliminate in a sparsely populated, largely desert, region.

Sinai is an unlikely home for any resurgent caliphate.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

As I expected, for "Sinai" read "North Sinai".

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... -Nort.aspx