New Monuments Ticket & Pass prices

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

New Monuments Ticket & Pass prices

Post by newcastle »

All the new ticket and pass prices from November 1st.

http://www.t3wy.nl/pdf/Ticket_Price_Nov._2017.pdf

FarleyFlavors

Re: New Monuments Ticket & Pass prices

Post by FarleyFlavors »

A hundred bucks for an annual pass to the Mallawi museum?

I bet those tickets are flying off the shelves!
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

FOR FOREIGNERS AND FOREIGN STUDENTS. What the BLOODY hell does that mean??? Is it cheaper for nationals and if so by how much? Seems to me the powers that be just have no idea whatsoever about what they are doing. Its a cross between segregation, Racism and like per normal overcharging. Do they expect to attract people to these places using these prices. Hold on to your cash and take your kids to Disney World its a far cheaper place, airfares are cheaper on cross Atlantic runs, Disney World is cleaner, by far more cleaner, and certainly more exciting for your siblings. I believe that people are looking for adventure now, not ancient history, which may or may not be 100% true. I mean has anyone solved the mystery of Tut's death, here we are 1000's of years on and still no conclusions only theories. Where is Nefertiti?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

She's gone to Disneyworld Paris. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
FarleyFlavors

Post by FarleyFlavors »

Major Thom wrote:Hold on to your cash and take your kids to Disney World its a far cheaper place
Five-day pass to Disney Florida attractions: $480.

Five-day pass to Luxor attractions: $160.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

F...Disney World ? surly you jest ?
I once lived in Florida and no way did I venture anywhere near Disney World.
A land of fairy tales for daft sods that think the marvel comic characters are real,
forgetting Superman wasn't so super. ending up a 'flid in a wheelchair.
Disney World f.f.s. get a grip you'll be eulogising about Corri St next...Emmerdal Farm ?.....8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You must be joking, MT wouldn't use the scrips from those two TV productions as ares wipes, but Eastenders, now there is a production that he could, and has done on more than one occasion, [whatever that big word was that you used ] compered with real life situations and ones that keep him and the other 'arf's eyes glued firmly to the screen.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The difference is everything happens in Disney World, nothing happens in old buildings and graveyards... :lol: Unless of course you are F. Fielding, stood in graveyards expecting things to happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: The last time I was in an old building at night I fell over a rock in the middle of the walkway and cut my knee. The last time I was in an old disused graveyard, all I heard was a guy spouting off a load of rubbish, but then again most people in the group were tourists
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

The difference is everything happens in Disney World, nothing happens in old buildings and graveyards... :lol: Unless of course you are F. Fielding, stood in graveyards expecting things to happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: The last time I was in an old building at night I fell over a rock in the middle of the walkway and cut my knee. The last time I was in an old disused graveyard, all I heard was a guy spouting off a load of rubbish, but then again most people in the group were tourists
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

As per usual, Major Thom needs to vent about something so comes to Luxor4U to spout rubbish.

I have not looked at the new fees as I have no immediate intention of visiting any of the sites, but I am sure that there is nothing racist, or segregation in a bad sense, in a split pricing system. It is not that uncommon, even in the UK, to find differing pricing levels. For example, some towns work on a post code ID and don't charge local people to enter their museums and galleries, but charge quite hefty fees to visitors.

As for his falling over in dark places - it's probably got as much to do with his blinkered view of life than poor pavements!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote: It is not that uncommon, even in the UK, to find differing pricing levels. For example, some towns work on a post code ID and don't charge local people to enter their museums and galleries, but charge quite hefty fees to visitors.
I agree with Hepzibah, because I live on the very edge of the East side of the City of London, instead of paying £21-50 to get into the Tower of London, I pay only a token £1. I also often get free invitations to various celebrations and events in the City.

Having said this, there are many free to visit places in London that most British people simply do not know about. To give you just one example No 20 Fenchurch Street, better known as the 'Walkie Talkie' building has a fabulous roof garden. You can, if you wish stay there all day and admire the wonderful views throughout London, rather than a quick expensive spin on the very expensive London Eye, or even worse, a trip up the Shard, again expensive, and almost as little use as the Cairo Tower in Zamalek.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
Having said this, there are many free to visit places in London that most British people simply do not know about. To give you just one example No 20 Fenchurch Street, better known as the 'Walkie Talkie' building has a fabulous roof garden. You can, if you wish stay there all day and admire the wonderful views throughout London, rather than a quick expensive spin on the very expensive London Eye, or even worse, a trip up the Shard, again expensive, and almost as little use as the Cairo Tower in Zamalek.
I thought the Sky Garden was a one hour stay only and that you had to have a ticket, valid for that day only - bookable in advance online.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
I thought the Sky Garden was a one hour stay only and that you had to have a ticket, valid for that day only - bookable in advance online.
Yes, true you do have to book a slot on line but out of peak season no one really cares how long you stay, and as you have probably noticed they do have a restaurant.

It a little like the Tower of London, those who in peak season visit there, can expect a two hour wait to see the Crown Jewels, and even then you are on a conveyer belt as you pass said jewels which takes less than two minutes. In January no conveyer belt and certainly no waiting. On exiting the Jewel House, you do get slightly longer time to view the Imperial State Crown,.............that's the one the Queen wears for the State Opening of Parliament, just in case there are some people on here who don't know.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
Correct.....although there are a number of free walk-in places, subject to availability, at certain times.

But why let facts or little points of detail get in the way of disseminating one's "knowledge" of the secret places " that most British people simply do not know about." :snig:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

International student ID cards have been available for many, many years, allowing lower prices. Educators can also show their union card at many places for discounts. I'm sure other professions have the same at appropriate venues. Nothing new here, move along please. :roll:
Carpe diem! :le:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:.......... the Imperial State Crown,.............that's the one the Queen wears for the State Opening of Parliament, just in case there are some people on here who don't know.
Well now they do....and I'm sure are immensely grateful :urm:

Quote A-Four:
.... for myself, I don't even acknowledge this person, and as others can see, that has been so for a very long time.
Pull the other one :lol:

Not that I'm complaining. Taking the p*ss out of your posts, particularly if they refer to me en passant, is one of the highlights of my mornings. :ct
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Wow! Only a two hour wait to see the Crown Jewels. I've been waiting seven years to display mine. :D
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:Wow! Only a two hour wait to see the Crown Jewels. I've been waiting seven years to display mine. :D
Unlike those held at the Tower you can take pictures of yours....and post them here if you wish ;)
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh no pleeeease. :lol: