Any info on Laura Plummer

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Any info?

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Was she even pardoned in the first place? I think it more a case of hopes and expectations built up on supposition and Chinese whispers.

The family feel double crossed! Perhaps too much Sun gazing with the aid of a Mirror.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Or perhaps another Egyptian Lawyer proving his worth or unworthiness. But like I said another load of cash for E. Air, who is on commission here? You would think there would be a proper link between the family and the authorities rather than a dodgy telephone box in downtown Cairo outside the scrap metal yard, where they still right notes to each other on bits of old metal and paper bags picked up from the streets. But Egypt is full of misinformation, they are frightened to give real information out in case its true!!
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Wouldn't be surprised if El Sisi hasn't changed his mind due to all the adverse publicity the family are creating, I've said all along best to keep stum. No doubt the Embassy will have advised her and her family but they all look a bit thick and the Sun aren't really interested in her release just selling stories.
Looking at the comments below the news item in the Sun she's not getting a lot of support.
Last edited by carrie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

You've all got it wrong, it was The Sun that pardoned her not The President.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Reports Laura was to be given a presidential pardon over the weekend proved to be false.

The Daily Mirror understands from the Egyptian authorities that there was never any official confirmation that she was on the pardon list released on Saturday.

And there was anger that Laura and her family from Hull had been given "false hope"............

Now her mum Roberta, 63, says the British Embassy has told her there's been a "mistake".

She told The Sun: "How can they do this to her? It’s so cruel.

"We’ve been double-crossed."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... r-11936582

If true, it makes sense because the fact that she lodged an appeal following her conviction would normally preclude any interference by the President.

With previous cases he has been adamant that he cannot act while the judicial process is ongoing
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

DJKeefy wrote:SLAP IN THE FEZ New agony for pill Brit Laura Plummer as Egypt’s ruler withdraws her pardon and leaves family feeling ‘double-crossed’.

Laura has not yet been told the devastating news.

JAILED Brit Laura Plummer’s family said they have been “double-crossed” after Egypt’s ruler yesterday cruelly withdrew her pardon.

Laura, 33, caged for carrying banned painkillers, was told she would be freed after her name appeared on a presidential pardon list.

But the British Embassy in Cairo yesterday informed her mum Roberta, 63, there had been a “mistake”.

Laura, who compared herself to Bridget Jones at the weekend, faces a further six months before an appeal can be heard.

She has not yet been told the news. Last night Roberta told The Sun: “How can they do this to her? It’s so cruel. We’ve been double-crossed.”

The Sun accompanied Roberta and Laura’s sister, Jayne Synclair, 40, into the notorious Al Qanater prison in Cairo for a 90-minute visit on Sunday.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5454177/l ... withdrawn/
I'm very happy to see that the Egyptian government has a sense of humor after all, however, it would of been even funnier on the 1st of April.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Think of all those red-top 'snappers topping up their air miles....... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Call me soft-hearted (not many do!) ....but I'm beginning to have a smidgen of sympathy for Laura.....

Not for her initial stupidity in falling for an Egyptian gigolo and then bringing proscribed drugs to relieve his bad back (ahem!) but for naively accepting the lies pedaled by the Sun (and others) concerning a presidential pardon.

She really is one dumb floosie...and her nearest and dearest aren't much brighter. But they have to search their consciences as to how much the "money" has swayed their outpourings....all luridly spread across the tabloid press.....and their blithe acceptance of what they were told without any unimpeachable official corroboration.

Laura herself , one imagines, just wanted to be free and the false hopes spun to her are the lowest dregs of opportunistic journalism.

She might have deserved the initial punishment (in my view, she did), but the subsequent fiasco is deplorable.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

I agree with Pharaoh. The Sun should have gotten its facts straight before getting their hopes up. The family shut down the page being too distraught. It is Midnight Express all over. He thought he would be out only then to receive a longer sentence as the charge had changed. He played clever when first smuggling hashish. He attached it to his leg then plastered his leg and walked off with the stuff.

If she was not aware of this happening then at least she cannot be feeling as betrayed as her family. The Sun wishes it to be true as then they would scoop the bigger story the truth of the Egyptian law system and prison conditions. There is definitely a ''Banged up Abroad' on the cards.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So list actresses that could play our Laura (drug mule) in the err' forthcoming film... 8)
Ps: I'll be lunching with 'Sully, Crime correspondent of the Current Bun next week,
any questions ?
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It would need someone like Sarah Lancashire, no one could play a better dumbo like she did as Curly Watts girlfriend in Corrie.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The Sun has gone quiet on the Laura Plummer fiasco. No news for 24 hours!! Or has Laura's ample bosom been moved to Page 3?

The Plummer family blame the Embassy in Cairo for the "misinformation" and exonerate the Sun. Well.....don't want to bite the hand that feeds us, do we?

For the Sun, it's on to weightier topics The resurrecting (should that be refloating?) of the Robert Wagner/Natalie Wood death mystery.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5477636/r ... -children/

On a higher level, there's always politics. Latest Op Ed :

"Mrs May must be the outspoken champion of that potentially golden future.

The plotters should calm down and let her get on with it."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5481910/t ... of-brexit/

Sorry Theresa. That's done for you. What could possibly go wrong with the Sun behind you? :lol:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

So she's getting the best medical care in prison is she? Oh well!!

http://www.egyptindependent.com/laura-p ... -official/

I like the last paragraph. I didn't realise she was married to this Egyptian bloke.
Plummer claimed she was carrying the drugs for her Egyptian husband’s severe back pain, rather than smuggling it with the intention to sell. However, her husband denied this and subsequently divorced her.
Recommendations
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

So, according to Egypt Independent, Omar denies everything and has done a runner.

Can't say I'd blame him....but it is diametrically opposed to the story spun by the Mail/Sun.

Who to believe?

Take your pick....they are all mendacious travesties of journalism. :ct
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

A unbelievable eleven pages on this (so far, I fear)! Time to get a hobby, people. :lol:
Carpe diem! :le:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Winged Isis wrote:A unbelievable eleven pages on this (so far, I fear)! Time to get a hobby, people. :lol:
She's in jail for three years.

Watch this space! :lol:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

No way, José.
Carpe diem! :le:
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

These pages will drone on until she's released. Maybe they'll continue when she's released or even when she's being paid by some tabloid.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Well she's been good fun so far although a fair bit of repetitive reporting.
If she wants more coverage she should plot an escape or discover an illegal weapon, then she would be isolated
out of harms way.
My pal Bruce had himself stabbed by a mate, didn't do him any-good though.
Anyhow all her cell mates are probably mates by now, all helping each other and them learning engleesh with
a Yorkshire accent.....
Be nice if someone smuggled her a phone in then she could tweet.
Anyone own a drone, Bazza ?..... 8)
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Not a lot of people know this but !
Iv'e lived with a few women sometimes up to 4, and for some strange reason after a short time
they all start to menstruate at the same time. A moon phase thingy I reckon.
Anyhow 4 women on a monthly 'downer is one thing, But it's an interesting concept in a cell of 15 women.
The mind boggles...... 8)
Sophocles.