The Russians Are Coming!

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

The Russians Are Coming!

Post by Winged Isis »

From Luxor News Live:

Cairo International Airport just received the first flights of Russian Airlines, coming from Moscow after more than two years.
Sources at the cairo airport said that the aircraft belonging to the Russian company Airbus 320 took off from airport airport in Moscow and arrived at Cairo airport in the first minutes of this morning Thursday.

The Russian company is scheduled to organize 3 flights per week on board aircraft of Airbus 320 from the " F " building at " airport to passenger building no. 2 at Cairo airport.

Flights between Russia and Egypt reportedly stopped in November 2015 after a Russian plane crash over Sinai with 217 passengers and seven crew members on board.

Carpe diem! :le:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The Russians Are Coming!

Post by newcastle »

Winged Isis wrote:From Luxor News Live:

Cairo International Airport just received the first flights of Russian Airlines, coming from Moscow after more than two years.
Sources at the cairo airport said that the aircraft belonging to the Russian company Airbus 320 took off from airport airport in Moscow and arrived at Cairo airport in the first minutes of this morning Thursday.

The Russian company is scheduled to organize 3 flights per week on board aircraft of Airbus 320 from the " F " building at " airport to passenger building no. 2 at Cairo airport.

Flights between Russia and Egypt reportedly stopped in November 2015 after a Russian plane crash over Sinai with 217 passengers and seven crew members on board.
No big deal. Maybe some on board will venture a conjugal visit to hubby in Luxor ? :lol:

Egyptian and Russian officials have belittled the impact of the return of Russian air traffic to the Egyptian capital, stressing that the effect on the Egyptian tourism would remain limited, unless Moscow decided to resume direct flights to tourist destinations on the Red Sea.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article ... ghts-cairo
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Coming and going, no matter what, they are like the Chinese, their pockets have a tendency to be stitched up to stop the hands entering.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

Talking to a guy on yesterday's London flight he said the the Russkies now control security at Hughada airport. He wouldn't go into detail but suffice to say that biometrics, scanners and 'other' tools are used to process staff and passengers alike. Is this a good thing? My view is yes anthing to protect people from any sort of terrorism.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:Talking to a guy on yesterday's London flight he said the the Russkies now control security at Hughada airport. He wouldn't go into detail but suffice to say that biometrics, scanners and 'other' tools are used to process staff and passengers alike. Is this a good thing? My view is yes anthing to protect people from any sort of terrorism.
I think that was a Russian demand before they'd recommence flights to Hurghada. I don't know whether, and to what extent , Russian staff or technology is currently in operation at Hurghada.

I think there was some impasse, with the Egyptians being insulted by the inference that they weren't up to the job!

Perhaps it's been resolved.......but no sign of Russian flights yet.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

The passenger screening for those flying from Hurghada to UK is nothing if not intensive!

1. Passport and flight tickets scrutinised before admittance to terminal.

2. All luggage x-ray screened and passengers admitted to arrival hall through metal detectors with body frisk.

3. After check in and immigration, passport checked again to ensure you have exit stamp.

4.Second screening as in 2. with shoes, belt etc. removed.

5. Further inspection of ticket, which is stamped before admittance to departure lounge. Time for a Stella (150le) and sandwich (250le)

6.Flight called an hour before departure.....proceed to dedicated area.

7. Third screening as in 2. with intensive inspection of any hand luggage, including swabbing of electronics.

8. Final scrutiny of passport and ticket before boarding.

Quite a contrast to leaving for Egypt from Gatwick!

The third intensive screening is only applied to UK flights......presumably at request of UK authorities.

Meanwhile, back in Hurghada, cleaners and sundry staff with ID labels wander to and fro, between arrivals and airside, with little, if any, interference. :ct
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

They still never found my lighter..... Just saying
It is what it is.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

dsaxelby wrote:They still never found my lighter..... Just saying

They haven't got round to intimate searches of body orifices...........yet ;)
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

As I am presently reading a D*ck Francis novel set in Moscow, I just watched The Death of Stalin.
It's a black comedy with a top line of distinguished actors and I thoroughly recommend it..... 8)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/?ref_=nv_sr_2
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

They will have their flights extended now to fly around the war zone. Extra cost, and extra time
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:They will have their flights extended now to fly around the war zone. Extra cost, and extra time
Actually, they are routed directly over Cyprus and may take the opportunity to empty the contents of the plane toilets on the island in retaliation for the UK launching its recent air strike against Syria from its base in Akrotiri.

Watch out! :lol:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

No bother if they do it will get shot down from Akatari, then the S--- will has they say hit the fan. :lol: :lol: The build up around the base has been ongoing all this last week, so people knew something was going on. We also think the Communication Sat. just above us has been working overtime. There has certainly been more activity in the sky this last week. But who cares we are on the patio with a bottle of red. At least we have the British services looking after us, trained men, not men plucked from school, with untied boots and dirty uniforms.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

newcastle wrote:

Have had them open and play with a Tampax..... Interesting to watch but no Newcastle in my handbag for the last 3 years. I got fed up of them stealing my lighters.
It is what it is.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Who2 wrote:As I am presently reading a D*ck Francis novel set in Moscow, I just watched The Death of Stalin.
It's a black comedy with a top line of distinguished actors and I thoroughly recommend it..... 8)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/?ref_=nv_sr_2
I want to take umbrage about one of our great Jockey's **** Richard Stanley Francis CBE FRSL,
he's known as **** and he's being written out of history and he never won The Grand National but a favorite of The Queen Mum.
How come writing **** short for Richard be deleted It's a antisemitc if you ask me,
and there's nothing wrong with small people.... 8)
Ps: There's a lot of ***** & pr*cks in the world about 56%
Pss: Time for a top up back & to Dalziel&Pasco.
P*ss: Did you catch the "Rivers of Blood' speech on radio 4 today with Enoch 'I'm not a racist.
'Brilliant thoroughly recommend it..
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

dsaxelby wrote:
newcastle wrote:

Have had them open and play with a Tampax..... Interesting to watch but no Newcastle in my handbag for the last 3 years. I got fed up of them stealing my lighters.
PS: That is just 'far to much information thank you, children read this site... 8)
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

If you showed a tammy to most adult Egyptian women on the streets here they would decline your polite offer for a cigarette. :cg
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

Who2 wrote:
newcastle wrote:
dsaxelby wrote:They haven't got round to intimate searches of body orifices...........yet ;)
PS: That is just 'far to much information thank you, children read this site... 8)
OMG...I said open......not pull out :sk
It is what it is.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

:tk giving it much thought, I would much prefer, if need be, to just open one than pull one out.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.